Whey protein is making you fat

Options

Replies

• stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    I think YAY STEAK lol - So in the offset chance of asking anyway which Protien shake does any of you feel is best that is low carbs and high protien?!?!?! Im new at this and would love any feedback.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Dude I can't stand listening to your jargon anymore. The fact that you talk a lot of **** that you can not back makes me believe that you do a lot of reading and not a lot of lifting. How Can you give advice to people without truly understanding what you are saying? The answer is you can't ..... You can not tell someone something without knowing if it works or not. You have no experience lifting. You hardly know anything. Everything you do know you read in a book or stole from someone else. You have no factual eveidence that it works. You just take advice from credible sources and post them as your own....As an aspiring personal trainer, who has actually spent time working in a gym, watching and criticizing and experimenting. Stop posting. You don't know what youre talking about. You know it too.

wut_o_557317.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I think YAY STEAK lol

Steak is making you fat too

Holt et al. An insulin index of foods: the insulin demand generated by 1000-kJ portions of common foods. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 66, 1264-1276

http://www.ajcn.org/content/66/5/1264.full.pdf+html
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I believe that it could be as nutrition less as white bread after all it is incredibly processed...but I have a hard time meeting my protein macros which is why I use whey. Maybe protein powder from a different source would be better?!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I am all about the science!!! I think scientific studies are the absolute best way to wade through the BS that surrounds fitness and nutrition. However, I also weigh studies with common sense, and personal experience.

The amount of ripped lean people I know that regularly consume whey protein, and my own experience of using it to supplement my diet tell me that it CAN'T be that big of a deal. Perhaps it is not the ideal protein, but it is certainly not responsible for 'making people fat'
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I believe that it could be as nutrition less as white bread after all it is incredibly processed...but I have a hard time meeting my protein macros which is why I use whey. Maybe protein powder from a different source would be better?!

Processed foods are death in a package, avoid them
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I think YAY STEAK lol

Steak is making you fat too

Holt et al. An insulin index of foods: the insulin demand generated by 1000-kJ portions of common foods. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 66, 1264-1276

http://www.ajcn.org/content/66/5/1264.full.pdf+html

This is the exact reason I don't use the metric system.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I am all about the science!!! I think scientific studies are the absolute best way to wade through the BS that surrounds fitness and nutrition. However, I also weigh studies with common sense, and personal experience.

The amount of ripped lean people I know that regularly consume whey protein, and my own experience of using it to supplement my diet tell me that it CAN'T be that big of a deal. Perhaps it is not the ideal protein, but it is certainly not responsible for 'making people fat'

Enjoy your obesity
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    So you got this information from a .com website? You must feel so proud of yourself.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com, read it, learn or stay ignorant
    I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet..someone said they had a bridge for sale?
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh you,
    you just want to eat ALL THE PROTEINZ

almost got me

I don't know why but I imagined a bulked up LOLCAT saying that haha :laugh:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Lawlz.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    Surely milk is fattening due to its fat content?

Skimmed milk isn't fattening.

FAT isn't what makes people FAT.

How many times are we going to have to say this.... ::Face palm::

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Yes, THANK YOU! Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What a second, I see a protein shakes AND milk in your diary. Hmmmm.....

^Affirmative.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Yes, THANK YOU! Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.

Then why the hell do they call it "fat"? Do some research before you post these inanities.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    What was this topic about again? :noway:
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i only understood about 4 words in that entire link......is beer processed
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    never mind,lol,total troll post... *carries on*
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

ETA: WTF is the deal with this post? I hope the whole thing is a joke cause if not this is just.... incorrect. That's the nicest word I can think of right now.

I think they were referring to the fact that full fat dairy is significantly higher in calories than skim because fat is more calorically dense. The fact that skim milk has no taste is another matter, though. :smokin:

Hmm... so that's why she said "due to it's FAT content?"
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    What a second, I see a protein shakes AND milk in your diary. Hmmmm.....

^Affirmative.

Ouch !!! BUSTED !!! :noway: :laugh:
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    very interesting ill keep that in mind :D