Whey protein is making you fat

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    That does it.

I am officially cutting out carbs, protein, and fat out of my diet as it will cause a spike in insulin.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IN THE ORIGINAL POST AND SO YOU ARE WRONG UNTIL YOU PROVE IT TO ME USING SMALLER WORDS.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Omg! That's why I can't loose any wait! Maybe I should add more raspberry ketones to offset the whey protein weight gain!
  • CJT_EST81
    Options
    Whey Protein can act as a bulking agent as it is more geared towards muscle mass gain, however the protein which is found in foods such as chicken, and fish is good for you and aids weight loss. I think the supplements are best to be steered clear of as your body can become reliant on them and once your target weight has been met and you stop taking the supplements the weight gain could potentially become substantial. This is because your body becomes dependent on them.

This week I have swapped my diet for one which is high in natural protein - chicken, tuna, haddock, and especially the humble sardine and dropped 3lbs within 3 days. I have a protein shake for breakfast consisting of 100ml Cranberry juice, 1 raw egg, two spoons of reduced fat peanut butter, and 300g of fat free natural yogurt. This has acted as a great hunger suppressor, supplied me with energy, and is 100% natural. In my opinion natural is the way forward.
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    Whey Protein can act as a bulking agent as it is more geared towards muscle mass gain, however the protein which is found in foods such as chicken, and fish is good for you and aids weight loss. I think the supplements are best to be steered clear of as your body can become reliant on them and once your target weight has been met and you stop taking the supplements the weight gain could potentially become substantial. This is because your body becomes dependent on them.

This week I have swapped my diet for one which is high in natural protein - chicken, tuna, haddock, and especially the humble sardine and dropped 3lbs within 3 days. I have a protein shake for breakfast consisting of 100ml Cranberry juice, 1 raw egg, two spoons of reduced fat peanut butter, and 300g of fat free natural yogurt. This has acted as a great hunger suppressor, supplied me with energy, and is 100% natural. In my opinion natural is the way forward.

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Bwahahaha.

Well done, sir.

I'm only eating aspartame from here on out. MOAR DIET COKE.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

You mean fattening agent, right?
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I believe that it could be as nutrition less as white bread after all it is incredibly processed...but I have a hard time meeting my protein macros which is why I use whey. Maybe protein powder from a different source would be better?!

Processed foods are death in a package, avoid them

I think every body is different. Some peoples bodies will react negatively and some wont for example I read that wheat causes inflammation so I gave it up and my Diagnosed Arthritic shoulder is now pain free.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I tried to solve this problem by becoming diabetic
    But the mods gave me a strike when asking for help.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I believe that it could be as nutrition less as white bread after all it is incredibly processed...but I have a hard time meeting my protein macros which is why I use whey. Maybe protein powder from a different source would be better?!

I think every body is different. Some peoples bodies will react negatively and some wont for example I read that wheat causes inflammation so I gave it up and my Diagnosed Arthritic shoulder is now pain free.

post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Damnit and i thought it was the binge drinking during christmas vacation and washing it down with mexican food right before i passed out every night.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wish I had known! Thanks, OP! You've saved my life! :flowerforyou:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

post hoc ergo propter hoc

I'll lick your latinate logical fallacies for you.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Surely milk is fattening due to its fat content?

Skimmed milk isn't fattening.

Could be a deadly combo of the fat and insulin spikes

milk-meme.jpg

I am reading this at work, and you almost made me blurt this out in Ron Burgandy's voice. Slow clap!

^^^ this !
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is if given the choice I should just have the cookies?
  • Acg67
    Options
    Cool story bro

Why would you want to protect Big Pharma and Big Dairy?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Must be why I've been able to lose nearly 40 pounds in three months while drinking it...oh wait.

Ur doing it rong.

Oh, and...

tumblr_m1ubv6x4Xd1qby1r2o1_500.gif
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

Why would you want to protect Big Pharma and Big Dairy?

I buy my protein from a local company, so its not coming from 'big pharma', and we don't really have 'big dairy' yet in the UK, so that's not a worry to me. I somehow doubt that protein shakes are a large contributor to obesity.
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Damn it! I just bought some whey protien :/