What do you 'hate' about being fat?

Options

Replies

• blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    well...clothes...the looks when i eat a pizza / burger...

but most of it is the feeling i sometimes get that cause of my fat i am not good enough / not worth some things.

i hate that moste of the time i still see me the way i was -skinny fit and hot...but then i realize that thats not true and im just...like a bag of damn potatoes.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    clothes
  • MzOakland
    MzOakland Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed in the morning! :(
  • diva675
    Options
    Having a huge lower half and a skinny girl upper half. Hard as hell to find clothes!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Not looking Hawt.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I hate that I immediately think others think I'm fat when they first meet me or see me. I guess I have some body issues going on...

I do the same thing. I always feel really self-conscious at the gym (even though I'm AT THE GYM, for crying out loud). It's funny that I feel better when another fat person comes in, like it's some kind of fatty solidarity or something.

I shouldn't laugh but the "fatty solidarity" comment cracked me up! I'm the same way though. I feel like everyone is staring and judging. Which makes me want to comfort myself with food. HELLO-that's how I got fat! grrr

I hate that cute clothes don't fit, that I'm too self concious to wear shorts in the Texas summer, that things jiggle, I have cellulite, rolls on top of my curves and that.....I don't ever get checked out/hit on. Now I am happily married to a wonderful guy and wouldn't ever stray...but to know I "still got it" would be a huge compliment and ego boost. :-/

Can we be friends? Both of you? I get the fatty solidarity...I went walking in my neighborhood the other night and all I could think about was a post I read on here where someone was walking trying to lose weight and some people passed her and yelled out "you should be RUNNING, fatty". I normally don't give a crap what other people think, but I was just so fearful someone was going to do that to me that I couldn't enjoy my walk!
  • israworlds
    Options
    The way my clothes fit, or don't I guess. I want to put on nice clothes and feel the way my clothes might look.
    I want to get rid of my love handles/muffin top!
  • AnneBloomer
    AnneBloomer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Having to wear leggings or 'jeggings' for lack of jeans in my wardrobe that will fit over my FAT *kitten*!!!!!
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lots of things:

Being the fattest of my mini friends

Clothes shopping

not being able to wear my hair up because my face it too fat

Not being able to wear boots due to fat calfs

not being able to wear tank tops when I run due to chafing

being the slowest in my group of running friends

pictures
  • frygirl01
    frygirl01 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The thing that i hate most about being fat is that i can't resist eating the snow ball cupcakes in the vending machine. Even though they have a little bit of a weird chemical taste and are loaded with sugar and i know i will feel crappy in an hour and a half when my blood sugar plummets, the urge to eat them torments me until I give in and have them. That's what i hate most.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    One more, one I'm just now starting to realize.

I hated being invisible. Even though I hated myself so I wanted to be invisible. But now the less space I take up the more I'm there, and I'm glad!
  • ShamsZahar
    Options
    Swimming used to make me so happy I haven't been to the pool or the beach in Six Years because the thought of my body in a bathing-suit makes me sick
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Having boobs !!! I hate them I never had them and I am more than ready to see them go lol

yeah....me too! ....my boobs that is....not yours! :laugh:
  • Artillerybabe
    Artillerybabe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    leggings! wouldnt have been seen dead in them in my pre baby/fat days! now I wear them all the time! :glasses:
  • MLLCABCD
    Options
    I hate hate hate looking in the mirror. How I look in pictures. Funny how I'll think I look good in the mirror and then snap goes the camera and I look hideous. I always think people are looking at all the jello areas of my body, especially my husband. And I hate the feeling of not feeling pretty enough, cause when I look around me, there's so many pretty, slim woman.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mostly I hate how inefficient I feel when I'm working out or out on a 10 mile hike. Having extra weight makes everything harder.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That I can no longer enjoy hiking and rock climbing like I used to. =(
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    - low energy
    - left over skin from my extremely fat days: bat wings, and odd pair shape from the flabby tummy skin
    - horrible clothes: I guess designers think because your larger you'll buy anything that fits regardless of how hideous it looks
    - having to shop in the "plus size" stores
    - being told by other (mostly family) how I need to lose weight; as if I didn't know I was overweight
    - health issues
    - sweating all the time, especially after a workout
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My belly button disappearing in the rolls.

ETA: Since losing the majority of my weight I can now do over a hundred pushups a day and tons of pullups! Something I always wanted to do, but I was too heavy to do it.