girls with tattoos... yay? nay?

Options

Replies

• AmandaBlue1
    AmandaBlue1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    By boyfriend doesnt love them but I LOVE them and I love girls that have them! One of the rewards I am looking forward to getting is a new tattoo.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    hells yay
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Absolutely YAY! Tattoos are hot!!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i have 3 i regret 3.. lol... haha but!!! i am going to fix one and make it nice.. :) but the other one u can barely see and the other one i have to pay 1000 to get removed
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I say yay because I am biased as I love my tattoos. :bigsmile:

Although I have been told by men they wouldn't date me because of them... ouch! :frown:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos. Not fond of some people get on their face but over all I like them. Have one myself. When my husbands step mother made a rude comment about tattoos saying only trashy people get them I laughed. She'll only know about my tattoo if my husband tells her about it since he is the only one that gets to see it :blushing:

Our daughter has a beautiful one that runs the full length of her back and up over her shoulder and wraps around to her breast on one side. I wish I would have thought of that before I got mine. I would love to have her tattoo. It wouldn't look well with the one I already have. Colors, design etc just don't match mine.

I'm thinking of getting another one once I hit my goal weight but not sure what or where yet. Maybe my hip? or low on the front..again only where hubby can see it. :blushing: He thinks they're sexy and likes to kiss mine hehehehe
  • Hedley49
    Options
    Nothing wrong with some tastefully applied Ink.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't really care either way. If I like you, then I like you for you...
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of tatoo's, I find them overly trendy. I've dated women with and without them, but they aren't my cup of tea.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Well I can tell you that I love my tattoos. Don't really care what anyone else thinks, I got them for me.

As it should be. All my tats have meaning to me. That is really all that matters. I will be taking my daughter up for her first tattoo after she hit 18 next month. I just stress with my kids that they should only get tats in areas they can cover for job interviews and such. Mainly because hiring managers that do not have tats can be judgmental and I would never want a tat to cost them a good job.

EXACTLY!! This is what I told our kids and why I got mine where I did. I don't want to have to worry about trying to hide it for an interview/work etc. Unless I'm in my unmentionables no one will ever see mine except me and hubby.
  • caitles14
    Options
    yay! i have 3 and want a few more :) i hate that i have to hide them at work : /
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, I was dating this guy when I decided to finally get the tattoo I'd always wanted. He was not impressed--thought tats were not attractive on women, tried to discourage me from getting it. I shrugged and got it anyway.
    Fast forward 15 years...we're married with a house full of kids, and he likes it just fine. It's part of me. :wink:
    I'm planning on getting two more, to commemorate two different milestones in my life.
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    I would say girls with tattoos are hotter than hell, but at least in my mind, even that doesn't quite catch it!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE tattoos on women!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos - but I don't think they add to or subtract from a persons 'attractiveness'.

It's like buying a new Mustang.
    Yeah that factory exhaust sounds good... but an aftermarket Flowmaster set up is the sheiot.

But .. would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari? That's the problem with some tats. no more substance than a bumper sticker.

I agree 100%.

Ignorant people who get tattoos with out meaning are of no interest to me. It's a shame that people get tattoos now as a fashion statement instead of expressing your own personal story.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ugh.

the only thing worse than no tattoos is bad tattoos.

I have a million tats, and only one I regret. I keep it to remind me to really think about what I'm doing.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Nay. I think they look great on men ( specifically rockers ) but I think they look trashy on women.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Nay. I think they look great on men ( specifically rockers ) but I think they look trashy on women.

This line of thinking, while your opinion, is, in my opinion (which I am also free to express), sexist. I just don't see why people think it makes a woman "trashy" to adorn her body, especially when you think it's "great" for a man to do it. Of course, this is your taste, etc. My issue is mostly with the concept that it makes one human being "trash" to do something that on another person is, in your opinion, "great" based on nothing more than their differnece in gender.

I know I'm just such a problematic human being to question these things.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I don't mind them at all.....
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

This line of thinking, while your opinion, is, in my opinion (which I am also free to express), sexist. I just don't see why people think it makes a woman "trashy" to adorn her body, especially when you think it's "great" for a man to do it. Of course, this is your taste, etc. My issue is mostly with the concept that it makes one human being "trash" to do something that on another person is, in your opinion, "great" based on nothing more than their differnece in gender.

I know I'm just such a problematic human being to question these things.

Its kind of a bizarre inverse mysogyny.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    While I have a couple tattoos, I (personally) have never found them attractive on women. Sorry if this offends those ladies out there who have them, but it's just one of those things.....