Do you have any strange fears?

Options

Replies

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't like calling people on the telephone. I can handle if they call me first, but I can't handle dialing the number and waiting for them to pick up and then talking to them. And I HAVE to call potential clients with my job, so the anxiety of the task makes me want to physically vomit. I usually have a scolding hot shower afterward. :<

I am the same way.

Ditto^
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am phobic of fish....not just large fish, but goldfish....any fish, but not Mammals...love dolphins, my favorite! However, if I see a fish,( minnow, bass...fresh water or salt water) I have the ability to walk on water!

SIGH!

My phobia twin!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I used to have a full on phobia of knives. Not someone with a knife, just the knife itself. Even butter knives scared me. I couldn't touch them or wash them I would breathe heavily just looking at one. My abnormal psych professor used me as a guinea pig to teach the class how to treat phobias and it worked. I still don't like knives, but in normal use they don't bug me much and butter knives don't bug me at all.

I'm not afraid of knives, BUT I don't like sharp objects (knives, scissors, screwdrivers, pencils, etc) pointing towards me, even if it just laying on a table with no one near it. I will turn it to point elsewhere.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of chickens, yes I realize I am way bigger than they are but they are uber creepy! I hate touching cardboard, it makes me feel a little nauseous , lol. I hate roller coasters, the feeling of falling down makes me panicky.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I dont think its a fear, I just have a phobia of pictures of people. I cant hang pictures of people in my house. I even have to cover boxes and magazines if there is a picture of a person on them. Weird I know.

A phobia is a fear by definition :flowerforyou:
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't like lint balls
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I am deathly afraid of roaches.

all other creepy crawlies i am good with. I have a pet tarantula and scorpion lol
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Trypophobia....

1-262x300.jpg

remote_image_1329577599.jpg

Trypophobia_by_Ville13.jpg

surinam-breeding.jpg
    Quoting... because.

Also: this. *vomits*

REVOLTING!
  • donteatmycookie
    donteatmycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Silverfish. And pop-tarts.

00005778_zps21de5288.jpeg
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Cracking an egg open on the side of a frying pan and a little chick falling into the hot pan.
    After seeing my mom crack open an egg that came out red and bloody looking, I now wonder if that's going to happen every time I open an egg. Not really a fear. More a weird though process. "Should I really crack this in with the other ones I've already done? How will I separate it if it comes out all bloody?"

I always crack each egg into a small bowl before adding one at a time to the batter (or whatever). When I was a kid, watching my Mom bake, she cracked a bloody egg directly into a batter with the mixer running and had to throw the whole thing out and start over. So I guess I have a fear of every egg I crack being bloody.....in spite of the thousands of eggs I've cracked over the years, only one egg had a tiny spot of blood. Pretty irrational.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Bleeding to death / veins in general. Had a dream once where a slipped and fell and tore up my wrists and instead of just bleeding my veins slithered out of the wound and long story short I choked on my own veins. Couldn't rips them off of me 'cause then I'd die of blood loss.
    CRAZY DAYS.

That is horrifying.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Coat Hangers....not so much a fear but they stress me out!!!

It's not a phobia, but I do hate the wire hangers. (just call me Mommy Dearest). They ruin the shoulders in most clothing, they are always getting bent up and make the closet look messy. I don't like messy.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cotton balls (the texture bugs me so bad I can't touch them) butterflies, moths and spiders (though I hate all bugs, those are the worst) clowns, crowds of people, deep water( I've almost drowned 3 times in my life), feet, babies and small children, small spaces (like elevators or closets), fish, things touching my eyeball, the dark if I'm outside, or in a forest or something...I don't like not knowing what is around me..I think that's it? There's probably more though.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

All people should hate and fear silverfish.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Snakes. Are so many people afraid of snakes that it is not considered strange? They terrify me. Any size, any color. I don't even want to think about them.

Crowds of people. Can't handle it so I avoid it. I've thought about it and believe the real fear is of being trapped, or unable to move.

Having my feet touched used to be a panic situation, but I've gotten over it by having a massage therapist gradually get me conditioned to allow it.

The closet door has to be closed when I go to bed at night. Normal child's fear of boogie men in the closet evolved into needing the door shut.
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of cotton!! It freaks me out!!

Oh, thank you!!! I'm not the only one!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Pigeons - it is the way they move all jerky and spastic. I have and will cross the street/turn around and go another way if they are in the area. My old office used to have pigeons that would perch on the window sill...I requested to be moved back to a cubicle because I couldn't handle it. I'm totally find with other birds though.

I have recurring anxiety/fears that my youngest will fall to his death - window panes will shatter and he goes down, amusement rides. It makes my heart beat incredibly fast, I get short of breath and all tingly and honestly feel like I should be sedated. I do not have this fear with my oldest.

This one isn't a fear, but I can not even be in the same room as someone who bites popsicles/ice cream. It makes my teeth hurt and hair stand on end just thinking about it. Chewing/crunching ice cubes is fine, I do that too. But popsicles/freezies etc. are meant to be sucked.

I am a nervous passenger, and 100 times worse if I am the passenger and my kids are also in the car....I couldn't live with myself if something happened to them and I wasn't able to control the situation as best as I could.

I have recurring nightmares about the home I live in burning down....I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

Bottom of pools/hot tubs - I don't like to touch the bottom. It just about kills me to go to hotel pools with my kids....*shudder*

I'm afraid of the 2 rivers in our city - they are muddy red coloured and I am convinced that there are a lot of dead bodies in it.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Internet banking. Bleh! Just thinking about it now makes me hyperventilate. Actually doing it is a real test of courage for me!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Strange fear or not . . . Snakes I can not stand. Big, little I don't care. Even large worms scare me.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    none. is that weird? starting to think it might be. not scared of "normal" stuff either heights, death, spiders. whatnot.