40+ Club: Hop Into Spring With A Fit Bod

Options

Replies

• pepper06
    pepper06 Posts: 89
    Options
    part of my post abv was
    Planning to go to WDW in Aug, so wonder how many scooters I will nd to dodge!
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Pepper: Your original post does seem complete.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    My post got cut off!!! Sorry about that!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The posts are being cut off.
  • pepper06
    Options
    that is wierd-when I was reading everyone else's posts they stopped mid stream..when I did mine-it also stopped, so
    that is why I did 2 more times, but now my original one is there. Par for my week-anything electronic has broken...not a good week
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, I cannot believe that I have not posted for over a week!!!! Sorry about that!!! I have been very busy with family, work and working on my diet and workouts!!!! Thanks for asking about me. I did the flat belly diet 4 day jumpstart last weekend. It was actually 3.75 days :laugh: because on Monday my husband and I ate lunch at a restaurant. But I tried to follow the diet as much as possible when I ordered my meal. The first 4 days were not too bad since I decided not to exercise during those days, I had to eat 1200 cals a day. I taught Zumba on Mon night (last day of it) but I felt fine. After the jumpstart it recommends 1600 cals a day spaced out every 4 hrs, 4 meals of 400 cals each. It has been a little difficult with my schedule but I have been able to follow it pretty closely. I had gotten so used to eating every 2-3 hrs and of course more cals so the last couple of days I have felt hungry. I actually got on the scale this morning and lost 2 lbs. I also measured my waist and I have lost close to 2 inches!!! I am starting to look and feel better, the way I was late last year!!! I've had to return to logging in my calories because I want to make sure I am not eating more than 400 cals per meal and that I am also eating the right amount of fats (MUFAs). This is one of the reasons I have not had much time to post in the thread. It is so time consuming. But so far so good...

I will be going out of town next week on Thu!! I am going to Sacramento for a few days. My nephew is getting married on May 1st. My daughter and granddaughter are going as well. It is going to be challenging to stick with the diet but I will do my best and ....forget the rest. Right Sing!!! :wink: Speaking of granddaughter, she is here this weekend. She is sleeping right now so she doesnt even know she is in nana's house. :laugh: I cant wait for her to wake up...:blushing:

Duffy, glad your foot is doing better and it was nothing serious that would prevent you from running...:drinker: :drinker: Another great vacation coming your way!!!! Have fun!!!! I love burn intervals too!!!! I have been doing it about once a week. I started lean for life but will have to do about "5" wks since next week I will only be able to do two sessions due to my trip. But that is ok, I am enjoying the program this second time around as well as the first time. I havent decided what I am doing next. I dont think it will be P90X due to lack of time.

Sing, great to hear you are feeling great!!!! Size 32!!!! Wow, you are slim!!! My son is wearing anywhere from 32-34 now and he is 16yrs old! You will be in Germany soon. :drinker:

Julie, Swiss, Pepper, Zebras, Cardi and everyone else, good to see you are still posting!!! Sorry I cannot really answer to your posts. I keep saying that I will post more often but life gets in the way... :laugh: :tongue:

Ok, gotta go now. Take care!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Alf... Great job on the abs diet. I got the book a while ago but haven't really read it yet. Maybe I will have to check it out.

Julia... Your doing great! Keep up the hard work and before you know it you'll be where you want to be.

As for me I have had a migraine all day so no exercise for me. I am still hoping to squeeze in a small hike before I have to go to the "good bye" party tomorrow for my son-in-law. Just hope I feel better by then. I did go shopping and bought some more healthy stuff. I've been trying not to go shopping unless I had to and I was running down to just the stuff that I dont use very much anymore but wont throw away... ie mac-n-cheese, hamburger helper, etc....
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I hope that this is working right now. I didn't post earlier because I figured that it would just get cut off like everyone else . I usually do well with what I eat while I am at work and today was no exception. I blew it after work, though. This was my first day to work since Monday when I injured my back. I actually did quite well while at home this week. Next week my exercise classes start back up. I am hoping that my back is completely healed by then.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a 22 year old daughter who has always been quite thin. She has two children now but is still thin. Well, tonight I tried on some of her clothes and they fit me. I weigh 15 pounds more than she and she is a couple of inches taller than me. I think what is happened is that I have added muscle and it is making me look thinner and able to wear smaller sizes. I would not be caught dead in those shorts of hers that I tried on. Way too short. :laugh:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Tron, good luck to your son in law!! What branch of the military did he join? I hope you get better soon. I am actually doing the flat belly diet not the abs diet. They have their differences but basically the same principle. I also have the abs diet for women book and I have yet to decide which one of the two I want to follow down the road. The abs diet is more flexible and fits my schedule better but so far I have seen results with the flat belly diet.

Swiss, I hope your back gets better soon, ouch!! I have heard lately a lot of talk about people who are "skinny fat", or something like that. I have learned that just because a person is thin doesnt mean they are healthy and that they have an appropriate fat percentage. That happens a lot to people who are genetically thin but do not eat well and do not exercise. You are proof of this when here you are 15 lbs "heavier" than your daughter but you have leaner muscle which makes you lean and be able to fit in her clothes but luckily at the same time it makes you healthier than her. Congrats!!!

Gotta go now...have a great Saturday evening!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    Just turned 40 (Well late last year) and i refuse to buy the next size up. I am on Weight Watchers with my mother in law and this is our first week. Here here to the 40+ers :) This summer i shall show skin !!!!! HOPE !!
  • tron3002
    Options
    Alf... He is going into the army. For boot camp he will be in Georgia and then he will be somewhere in Texas for his schooling.

Karenrme.... How many points are you allowed?

Today I went on a 4 mile hike in Jamestown. It was an easy hike, all flat land so I don't know how much of a workout it was but it sure was nice enjoying the sun and chatting with our friends.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Tron, is he in a medical field? If he is, then he is coming to San Antonio for training for sure. If not, he might be going to Ft Hood in Killeen or Ft Bliss in El Paso. Please tell him I thank him for his service!!! He is very brave to join the ARMY now when we are at war. :drinker:

karenrme, welcome to MFP and this thread. Stay positive!!! You can do this! I have heard a lot of good things about weight watchers especially now that they have revamped their program.
  • Texssippian
    Texssippian Posts: 235
    Options
    .Hi all! another busy week but did make it to the gym twice. Also did yard work yesterday and today. This weekend was the annual Arts and Jazz Festival in Denton, TX. It is a three day event held in the large downtown park. Seven stages of performers ranging from elementary school choirs to 80 year + Dixieland band (they were wonderful! The drummer looked to be about 90 and would put my husband to shame.) The University of North Texas has a world renowned Jazz program. This year, they had their own stage. My husband and I basically parked our lawn chairs there. Saw Jazz Mariachi on Friday, jazz ensemble and the Lab bands on Saturday. The program has nine lab bands based on the time that the lab class occurs. The labs go from 9:00 down to 1:00. The 1:00 Lab Band is the most prestigious and was nominated for two Grammies this year. Sunday we saw Jazz singer ensembles and Jazz guitar. The event brings such a mix of people. lots of little kids dancing in front of every stage. The weather was gorgeous after rain overnight on Friday. Lots of artists and food vendors. My husband and I shared food and were not too bad: Roasted corn on the cob, chicken gyro, grilled chicken lo mein and of course a corn dog (one half for each of us).

We too are counting down to major trips: London for about 10 days in August, Egg Harbor Wisconsin for a cousin's wedding in September. I am going to Scottsdale and San Francisco in early May and then we are going to Mississippi end of May to see family. Need to stay on course so we don't look like beached whales in pictures!

I too think the obesity epidemic is alarming. I work in healthcare. 20 years ago, the large county hospital next door had one bariatric wheelchair (looked like a loveseat on wheels). Now ALL the wheelchairs are at least extra large with multiple bariatric ones. Our construction standards at work now call for only floor mounted toilets in new construction. Too many wall-mounted ones pulled off the wall. Talk about embarassing if it fell down on you!

Take care all and have a great week. TxMs
  • tron3002
    Options
    Alf... Yes, he is going into the medical field. I feel sorry for my daughter, just got married and now she's looking at the possibility of not seeing him for 6 months. Well the 2 for boot camp then she will see him for two weeks and when he's in schooling she might not go there either. If they have a chance to bring her I'm sure they will jump at it. I know they were talking about her staying behind so that he can concentrate on school but I really doubt that will happen.

I got really sunburned on our hike today. I am the type that burns, peels, and turns white again.

I was under my calorie limit today which I am excited about. And it seemed like I ate a bunch.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Our Grandson came for a visit with his Daddy yesterday and they are staying until tomorrow. I just cannot get enough of that little guy. I think my wife gets a bit depressed when he leaves. This is our first (and probably last) grandchild, so we are making the most of the time we have with him.

I rode 40 miles on my bike over the weekend and took a long hike up the mountain last evening. It's rainy and cool here, but the leaves are in full bloom, the birds are making their families (we have a cardinal family in a big bush just outside our kitchen). It's wonderful to see the beauty of nature's rebirth each spring.

Well, as I officially start the one-month countdown to vacation, I need to get my head on straight about my diet. It hasn't been too bad, but it certainly could be better. I just need to think about everything I eat. As I said on Friday, I am very pleased with my progress as far as fitness is concerned. I look and feel strong and lean, even though there is a small amount of fat that I need to get rid of. Alf, maybe i will try it your way with the Flat Belly Plan. We had the book, but I could not hack that vile "Sassy" water. I would consider doing a modified plan for a week or two just to see how it goes. Are you getting enough carbs to fuel your workouts? That's my biggest concern. I totally "bonk" if I don't get enough carbs to fuel my intense workouts and bike rides.

Tex, it's good to hear from you! It look like I'm not the only world traveler in this group!

Have a great day!
  • sunraec1
    sunraec1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Morning All

I'm 46 and trying to loose a stubborn 10 lbs I put on over the winter. Also my goal is to get my body as fit as possible. Hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All! I for one am exhausted. Weekends need to be a little longer IMO. Luckily, I was able to get most of my exercise in over the weekend despite over 12 hours spent for daughter's volleyball tournament yesterday.

ALF: Congrats on your success with Flat Belly - good to hear it works for some. I am enjoying the mix of Lean for Life and Hip Hop Abs right now and will end up with just about 5 weeks on it before we head to Mexico. When I get back I'm going to do a cycle of 30day shred and then start a new rotation of CX.

I had another good run this weekend so I'm going to increase my distances by 10% this week and see if the foot cooperates.

I just started reading The Spark and am really liking it. The philosophy really seems to gel with my goal of making healthy lifestyle choices and no longer yo yo dieting.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Good morning all!!!

Beautiful, but chilly weekend here in Kansas. Didn't get plants bought for my flower beds; was busy running temporary downspout extensions to keep the rain from washing grass seed away. Had new sidewalk and driveway poured 2 weeks ago and they had to fill in the lawn where it got torn up digging out the old concrete. Now I have a huge muddy mess in my front yard.........hope the new grass takes root quickly!!! New driveway sure is nice........no more stained, cracked, flaking concrete!! :happy:

Home computer's acting up again, so I'm officially reporting from last Friday. Steady at 124/125.....no change on the belly measurements either :grumble: :grumble: . I'm hoping that it'll get better once the hubby's home and my stress level drops.

Speaking of hubby; his replacement is still stuck in Kuwait, so don't know when he's going to get out of Afghanistan and how long he'll get stuck in Kuwait waiting for a flight to Washington DC.:frown: :frown: He has to outprocess in Virginia, then can head home. We're not officially behind schedule yet, but things aren't looking good for him to get home early.:ohwell:

Haven't had time to catch up reading posts; hope all is well for everyone!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    MK: Glad to hear hubby is getting closer to coming home. I'm sure it will help with your stress level.
  • pepper06
    Options
    ok mk-I have to ask-at this age and you weigh 124/125 what do you have to loose?:happy: At this time in my life I don't plan on ever reaching that range agian.

Is the Flat belly and abs like the South Beach? I have a hard time eating so many calories in a day.

I am trying to stay on course eating this week. Exercise is going well. People are noticing the weight loss, and my old wardrobe is becoming my new wardrobe again!:laugh: This year I am actually looking forward to putting the swim suit on (takini that is):love: