Is Bacon going to help me reach my goal?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    This is all quite hilarious. But . . . . is bacon really a good source of protein? Or, is it just a good source of fat? And, relative to lean meat or eggs, a lousy source of protein?
  • mattvandyk
    mattvandyk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you guys really want bacon you should try Morning Star bacon. It tastes just like real bacon I promise
    Real bacon tastes just like real bacon...I promise.

yea it does. BUT so does fake bacon :-) and you aren't eating rotten flesh in the process

Maybe this is your problem. Properly served and prepared bacon is not rotten. Maybe you were just served a bad batch.

I don't think so. A "bad batch" of bacon is a logical impossibility. It's science.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    How good is Bacon? To improve other foods, they wrap them in BACON! ...................... I rest my case.

As sound logic as I have ever heard.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer....but I really don't get the excitement that comes up with people whenever bacon is mentioned. I like it, but I only eat it like once or twice a year maybe, if I have a taste for it out at brunch or if it's covering a date, which is a great easy appetizer to make.

Do people just end up making it more and therefore liking it because it's super easy to make? I honestly can't remember the last time I ate bacon.
    I cover ALL my dates with bacon... ;-) ::rawr::
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Depends, is your goal to be the high blood pressure and diabetes spokesperson? If the answer is yes, then you are well on your way! Wishing you continued success :huh:

Bacon has no carbs. It's the perfect food for the diabetic.

BTW, bacon won't help you reach your goal. It is the goal.
  • rshields9093
    rshields9093 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    um seriously? do you know how nasty and fattening that sounds? find a healthier less nasty source of protein love. When I think of bacon I think of 300 pound people. i don't care what anyone else says. gross. just gross.

Shut your dirty *kitten* mouth.

i'm a *kitten* to my husband only... and proud of it.

You... charge him?

that's a personal question.

No, that's a loaded question.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    um seriously? do you know how nasty and fattening that sounds? find a healthier less nasty source of protein love. When I think of bacon I think of 300 pound people. i don't care what anyone else says. gross. just gross.

You should probably have some bacon. You'll be much, much happier.
  • doorki
    Options
    If you guys really want bacon you should try Morning Star bacon. It tastes just like real bacon I promise

yea it does. BUT so does fake bacon :-) and you aren't eating rotten flesh in the process

Maybe this is your problem. Properly served and prepared bacon is not rotten. Maybe you were just served a bad batch.

I don't think so. A "bad batch" of bacon is a logical impossibility. It's science.

While it is difficult for the human mind to conceive of a bad batch of bacon, scientists are now theorizing that the possibility does exist at the extreme edge of the baconodic spectrum. On these "fuzzy edges," all sorts of strange things occur that defy the laws of baconality.
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    51vuxt.png
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    No it won't. Bacon is not good for you.

look at this, great proteins sources : /http://flyygoldbikini.tumblr.com/image/40105642783

Fail
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    More bacon please

Bacon.jpg
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    51vuxt.png

Thank you ;-)
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    GREAT! NOW I WANT BACON!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Shut your dirty *kitten* mouth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:laugh:
  • doorki
    Options
    GREAT! NOW I WANT BACON!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!

Quiet, my child. In Bacon, there is peace.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options

Not true ... and I think we proved at as a group. It is known as Morningstar Bacon!

Bacon!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I want a bacon wrap for lunch now. Allow me to clarify. Not a wrap with bacon in it. No, I want Bacon wrapped in bacon.

I"m STILL not sure that what you're describing will have quite enough bacon in it. Perhaps if there is a bacon based sauce involved? Or, bacon grease to dip it in?
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.