I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Options

Replies

• JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can freeze them and only eat them on occasion
    This is good to know cause we usually devour them
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:

These are my favorites!!!
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

Where I live we still get the delicious Samoas. :)
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I found some girl scout-esque off brand thin mint cookies at dollar general last night and I bought them :blushing: They don't taste as good so I don't eat so many of them at least!

ETA: my favorite ones are the tagalogs, they had the dupes of those too, but I didn't dare buy them! I'd eat the whole box!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Kickin rocks! No one ever offers me girl sout cookies...my bad might be a good thing!! lol
  • runlikeananna
    runlikeananna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    As the mum of 2 girl guides my suggestion is to just give them a $10 donation. And last year we had 80 packs here to sell and I didn't have one. So many nicer things to spend my calories on.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The Samoas (with their delicious dark chocolate) were so much better than the new Caramel Delites. Don't misunderstand, the Caramel Delites are still good, they're just not as good.

Where I live we still get the delicious Samoas. :)

Ewwww, old cookies.

Pfft, who am I kidding...I'd take some two-year old Samoas over the fresh Caramel Delites.

ETA: And for what it's worth, my wife has been neighborhood cookie chair several years. You'd think moving 800 cases of cookies into and out of your basement would make you not want to eat them...but you'd be wrong.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I have every intention of eating an entire box of Dosidos ... with a big glass of milk :)
  • sueoop
    sueoop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Supporting the neighborhood kids and sending the 2 boxes to my son, in the Army. Both are appreciative and I won't be tempted.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Last year I asked two girls who came to my house what where there favorite cookies and I order two boxes of each. When they delivered them I said oh I bought them for you, I'll never forget the look on their face. Priceless =)

I still buy from my co-workers kids so I still get mine. haha
  • clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE COCONUT ONES! If you do too you should try the Coconut Caramel flavored Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars by Kellog!! They taste almost exactly like them!!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=343514&catid=284556&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What I've done in the past has seemed to work out well. I want to support the Girl Scouts so I give them the money for a box or two of cookies and then tell them I would like them to give the cookies to the next person they see that might need them (i.e. someone less fortunate that may be hungry). They usually get very excited and it also teaches them about giving. I think it's a win win :)
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE COCONUT ONES! If you do too you should try the Coconut Caramel flavored Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars by Kellog!! They taste almost exactly like them!!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=343514&catid=284556&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler

Good luck! Personally I just don't buy them at all. Or, I buy a kind that my boyfriend likes/I dislike. I'm not good with rationing goodies... if it's in the house, I'll go graze on it! I prefer to just not have them in the house. I think someone else had a good suggestion of buying a box for co-workers or even to share at a party or something like that.

The above post reminded me - my sister likes the chocolate coconut Luna bars... that also could help with a Girl Scout cookie fix, perhaps.. http://www.lunabar.com/products/luna-bar/chocolate-dipped-coconut
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:

That picture is just like a little piece of heaven...
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    jofjlt:

No no no silly. Different regions sell different cookies. :)

Do you have a lemonade cookie? Where I live they are called Savannah Smiles.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    On a side note... I have to say, if they still had these, I wouldn't be able to resist my urge... hahahaha

Lemon Pastry Cremes: light pastry cookie sandwich with lemon creme filling

The Girl Scouts have helped me lose weight by discontinuing those :P
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    As a few others have said, if you like them and want to support the girls, buy 'em, put 'em in the freezer, and only eat a few once in awhile as long as it fits in your calorie target. Or go a tad over your calorie target once in awhile. It won't hurt you. Portion control, moderation, and all that.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I havent been asked but my daughter is selling them so prob will get hit up by her eventually she always asks when she done selling to everyone else espcially if she is close to hitting a higher prize level :)
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm definitely going to buy girl scout cookies if I can. I love samoas and I really want to try that new "nutritious" variety they have. I am at a point where a certain amount of junk food makes me feel sick, so I think I can deal with having one or two cookies per day.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HA!, it depends on the flavour for me!