5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and pretty curvacious- I have a large bust, smaller waist and large hips. But right now I weight 232.2 lbs- which is better because I started off being 236 lbs.

Ideally, I would love to be anymore between 125-145 lbs. Hell, I'd be happy to be 150! But more then weight, I want to look and feel HEALTHY.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5 ft 6 and my goal weight is around 125 lbs.
  • Lovehandles9
    Options
    I'm 5'3. But I don't really have a set goal weight, because at 5'3 and 190 I don't look horrible, but I dont look like what I want. My goal for now is to get down to 150. Maybe then i'll make a new goal :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Work out your BMI and stick with the healthy section. I am 5 foot 7,when I get below 11 stone everyone tells me that I look old and that I look tired. This is not a good look!

The other thing is that if you lose too much weight, you will lose the padding under your skin and on your face this means you look hagged. You cannot replace this lovely bouncy layer of flesh easily but it keeps you looking young and wrinkle free.

ANSWER - let your closest friends and family tell you when to stop. It will be sooner than the weight that you aspire to.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just want to maintain a weight in the 120's :smile: I used to be 180 and have been as low as 124 (where I looked my best) but right now I'm in the upper 120's but still slim :smile: I could just be more toned! Working on it...I'm in this for life :smile:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I started at 185 and at 166. My goal is 147, when I get to that point I will maintain it for some time and see if I want to get any lower.
  • Deliriant
    Options
    110! ^_^
  • lilypadness
    Options
    me too I'm going for 144
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 140. I'm currently at 150 so not much farther to go. :happy:
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5'51/2". Going for 135.
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 I am going for 156.I wanna lose the weight and keep some of my curves.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'4 .. 115 lbs .. I quit smoking and gained last August :blushing: GW: 105 .. BUT!! I will be very happy with 110 lbs :flowerforyou: Just keeping myself in check here :wink:
  • hannahsageharrison
    Options
    I know how that is! I try to focus on getting to a place where I'm love my body, and feel great, even if the numbers on the scale don't say what I think they should. Right now I'm 115 (5'5") and I keep thinking I want to be 110, but I also think it might be better to gain weight, as long as it means more muscle not fat!
  • SugarQueen_x
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal weight is 155. >w< I wanna be leeean!
  • AngelaKelly02
    AngelaKelly02 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal was 110lbs but after reading a lot of these posts I'm thinking that may be too low. :/
  • jscupp1016
    jscupp1016 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
  • curliefrii
    curliefrii Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd say 130 for me. I'm about 155 right now.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I want to be 150. I have been 135 before and felt it was almost too thin for me. 140 and defined looked awesome and I feel comfortable up to about 155. However, I feel that it's too hard for me to maintain 140-135, even with lots of exercise, so I'd rather weigh a little more. When I was 135, I starved myself, exercised compulsively, took pills, and purged to get there, and I never want to go back to that.
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 135. I reached that in 2007 and it was a good weight for my frame. Unfortunately, I'm now 164, so I've got to lose the 30 lbs again.
    Jo
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It is said that an ideal weight for someone is to add 5 lbs for every inch you are over 5 foot. That said, ideally a good weight for someone of 5'5 would be 125. However, there are many factors such as your age, muscle mass, etc. If I were you, I would shoot for something near there by following the BMI charts. You can Google what your ideal weight should be for your height and age and someone use it as a guide. However, it is a bit misleading, because two people can weigh the same and be the same height but one will look thinner and have less fat, bc they have more muscle. But I would shoot for that (maybe a higher number) and then look at what you look like. If you feel healthy and good, then stay there, if not then set a new goal.

I am only 5'3 3/4 so 5'4 I guess I should say. I have been many weights from 177 - 108. I know I look best at 120. Too much less and I look sort of too thin and it doesn't feel right. When I am in my 130s my butt is too big and clothes don't fit as well, I guess it is how I am proportioned.

Just keep losing until you like what you see and you feel good. If you're able to maintain a certain weight once you get down, your body may be talking to you and telling you, "this is just right".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!