Power of Visualization- SHOW ME YOUR GOAL PICS! :)

Options

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    This is mine.

34325300_9457.jpg

I was 19 or 20.

It would be cool to be back there during my 40th year.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What a great topic, :) I would much rather work towards my own personal best that towards a photoshopped version of a celebrity. After my baby, I am not sure I can get back to the same size pants even, but if I can at least get back to being fit and healthy and happy, again, my own personal best, I will be stoked!

Somewhere between the muscle definition I had at 110, and the more curvy look of the second pic is what I would like to be at :)

janellepicsfromphone429_zps56a70a9bsmallercopy_zps5cd1264c.jpg
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Testing....

198067_10100120483773365_235020254_n.jpg

YES! Totally just figured out a MUCH easier way to upload! I've been downloading the pics and then uploading them to a website that gives me the img thinggy. If you just go to the picture from whatever site its on a right click, select copy image url and then paste it between the img brackets it works! :)
  • walkitback
    Options
    These pics are all so inspiring! I feel so honored to have found people to be sharing this journey with to health with. This is me 10 yrs and 120 lbs ago. The only good thing about my body now is that I finally have boobs :wink:

2yv056w.jpg
  • walkitback
    Options
    Thank you for the help with the upload
  • angelams1019
    Options
    What a great topic, :) I would much rather work towards my own personal best that towards a photoshopped version of a celebrity. After my baby, I am not sure I can get back to the same size pants even, but if I can at least get back to being fit and healthy and happy, again, my own personal best, I will be stoked!

Somewhere between the muscle definition I had at 110, and the more curvy look of the second pic is what I would like to be at :)

@ Janelle-125 looks good on you girl!! You can do it! And yes, I definitely think its much kinder to your self if you visualize yourself as a healthier version of YOURSELF! That way you're not setting yourself up for failure.

But I also realize that some people may have been overweight their entire lives and may not have any pictures of themselves to reference...So if you DO choose a picture that is not of yourself, just make sure its a natural picture of a REAL PERSON! :smile:

Good luck! You can get back there!! And in my opinion, curves are always sexier! :love:
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The skinniest I've been in my adult life is 259, which is shown below. I had lost 50 pounds and felt so good about myself. That is my short term goal as I strive to go all the way down to 175.

[img}https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/6490_144075786762_5474719_n.jpg[/img]

19943_297547611762_5871263_n.jpg
  • angelams1019
    Options
    The skinniest I've been in my adult life is 259, which is shown below. I had lost 50 pounds and felt so good about myself. That is my short term goal as I strive to go all the way down to 175.

6490_144075786762_5474719_n.jpg

@Angela- Here is your second pic! Looking GOOD BABE!!!!!!! We can do this!!!!! :drinker:
  • walkitback
    Options

[img}https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/6490_144075786762_5474719_n.jpg[/img]

19943_297547611762_5871263_n.jpg

My short term and kind-of emergency goal is a 50pound loss too--my whole body hurts right now from the weight. I would loooove to be at 175 also!! I really like the dress in this pic and the sparkle in your eye!!! You will get there!!! Feeling good bout your self is the best part to me!!!!
  • devastation77
    Options
    better chance at me finding a pic of sasquatch eating a snickers bar

sadly i have always been "husky"

but so far im on the right track i think

before_after2_zps49582c2a.jpg

Due that number is going DOWN!

Which is awesome! Keep on keeping on!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    f3rg42.jpg

hope this works. I don't have a pic at goal weight. I don't recall ever weighing 130 but I imagine I may have,some 40 years ago but I do keep this virtual model with a pic of my face on my wall for motivation. Looking forward to taking pics along the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks, this was my first pic upload. I was determined to get it right! lol
  • angelams1019
    Options
    @MenaMena Good Luck!!! You can do it! :)
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    537388_523246089611_1200624225_n.jpgI don't honestly have a pic of me at "goal weight" because I've always been heavy, but this is a pic of a dress I am dying to fit into.  It's now the wallpaper on my phone so I see it all the time and it reminds me to eat appropriately, get active, and make responsible decisions.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    @Jessi- Here is your picture! :)

537388_523246089611_1200624225_n.jpg
  • angelams1019
    Options

I don't honestly have a pic of me at "goal weight" because I've always been heavy, but this is a pic of a dress I am dying to fit into. It's now the wallpaper on my phone so I see it all the time and it reminds me to eat appropriately, get active, and make responsible decisions.

That's awesome! The power of visualization right there! Keep that picture on your phone and visualize yourself IN THAT DRESS every day! You will get there! :)
  • angelams1019
    Options
    @walkitback- Short term goals are great! Stick with the short term goal and once you get there, set another one. You'll have so much momentum (and you'll feel a lot better about yourself for meeting that goal too). You'll be unstoppable! :) (Also- Hopefully you get to keep some of your boobies!! lol I'm hoping to lose A LOT of mine!!)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/07/24/my-butt-is-big-nike-womens-ad-campaign-pic/

Nike girl with a booty like a letter C. Ideally. However, totally happy with much less definition.

I have no pictures as an adult of how I want to look. Briefly, I lost weight, but the majority of the pics I have
    are high school and before kids. I was never really skinny, but was still a healthy weight then.
    Recently, I've come to love my body, in particular parts of my lower body that I found so difficult to
    challenge and show definition, because now I know I am stronger than I ever imagined.
    I'm very excited about unlocking my potential.
    and. Now I know what I didn't before, how to get those defined legs.

1. Do a Max 1 rep test.
    this is the most weight you can lift for only 1 rep
    you can find calculators online, just use a weight that is very challenging
    for less than 20 reps.

2. If you don't already know, take a quiz to find out your muscle body type.
    these are available online too, and it's possible to be a combination of body types.

3. Also, useful to know what type of frame size you have.
    this is often found with a simple wrist measurement.

4. Now that you have reasonable expectations for what your body CAN look like,
    not all of use are made to be ballerina thin or thick football players,
    you can set realistic goals for yourself.

5. Do workout routines and type of diet that works for your body.
    This may take some trial and error,
    but once you know what works, it helps so much.
    and if you stick to your plan, hopefully a lifestyle,
    it gets so much easier.

Examples:
    1. My dead lift max 1 rep is over 100#
    That is without training unless you count walking up stairs at home
    and sitting on the couch, 'training'
    Even when everything else about my weightloss plans aren't working
    out, that potential gives me confidence, and I CAN DO THIS.
    I haven't done the other exercises, I will at least do a few more
    body parts eventually.

2. A mix of meso and endomorph. Hourglass.

3. frame size.
    this was always a bit confusing.
    I guess I'm a mix of med and large.
    small short fingers, wrists, and ankle bones
    that are flat and invisible.
    yet hips that were built for motherhood.

4. again, Nike girl

5. 2 miles a day of running did nothing to define my legs.
    I need very heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, HiiT,
    and lateral moves like speed skaters and side lunges. and fat loss.
    Cardio is my favorite so I won't skimp on that, but the above is for shape.

Diet- no low carb for me. I live on carrots, fruit ect.
    I need filling foods with as much volume as possible.
    tons of fruits and veggies, legumes, lean protein, whole grains
    like oats, and healthy fats from nuts, sardines, and flax.
    I don't like having to limit how much I eat.
    so I want most of my food to be so healthy I can eat as much as I want.
    and a few pizza slices on the weekend with my family.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    better chance at me finding a pic of sasquatch eating a snickers bar

sadly i have always been "husky"

but so far im on the right track i think

before_after2_zps49582c2a.jpg

Due that number is going DOWN!

Which is awesome! Keep on keeping on!

thanks, ill have another picture today as i hit 233. its a process as i am sure everyone knows.
  • samrybarczyk
    samrybarczyk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have never ever been skinny and really I don't want to be a stick. I want to be healthy but with curves like a Greek goddess. My husband loves curves :flowerforyou:

venus-bouguereau_zps1d3c5875.jpg