WHY HIDE YOUR FOOD DIARY ??

Options

Replies

• Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends. I think it will help me be accountable to my food choices.
  • Cassiopeia5
    Cassiopeia5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Because I want to.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Our diaries.

Our food.

Our choice.

That's all.

yesssss
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    While mine is open to friends who want to look at it, I don't click the big green "Complete This Entry" button, because I don't care where MFP says I'll be in 5 weeks and I don't want to announce that my diary is ready to be viewed. I don't understand why people feel the need to critique other peoples choices without being asked. Some days are better than others, my choices are mine. If I ask for an opinion, then great, give me one. If I don't ask, then I'm not wanting one.

And let's be honest, I've lost more weight than you, so I'm doing ok...and I'm not lying to anyone about how fat I am and how much I have to lose.

You're assumption that I'm not honest with myself just because you weren't is the exact reason why I don't want to open my diary for everyone to look. And even if I'm not honest with myself, without asking for an opinion, what business is that of yours?
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I log information in the notes section that would be embarrassing to make public. Plus, there are several people on this site that I personally know. My journal is meant to be an honest account of my health and eating habits, not Facebook fodder.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why people hide there food diary as advice can help and lets be honest if your fat and overweight like i was you need to be honest with yourself.

This might seem harsh but come on people I found being honest with myself one of the biggest steps. I use to lie how fat I was to people and myself.

As long as we're saying things that "might seem harsh," you'll forgive me if I don't take advice from someone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're." You may think I suck because my food diary's private, but I think that a grown man spelling things phonetically is a worse crime -- I guess we all have our things that drive us nuts.

+1 I don't take advice from people who can't write properly. It indicates to me either a lack of education, a lack of intelligence or both.

As for your question, I value my privacy. I'm honest with myself; that's all that's necessary.

And as we all know, those who aren't as well-educated or intellectual are actually sub-human. Third World countries should be severed ties with immediately, only given dictionaries and thesauruses to fend for themselves. Only when they can recite the entireties of these books with ease, shall we bring these formerly ignorant countries back into communication with us "proper" humans.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why people hide there food diary as advice can help and lets be honest if your fat and overweight like i was you need to be honest with yourself.

This might seem harsh but come on people I found being honest with myself one of the biggest steps. I use to lie how fat I was to people and myself.

As long as we're saying things that "might seem harsh," you'll forgive me if I don't take advice from someone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're." You may think I suck because my food diary's private, but I think that a grown man spelling things phonetically is a worse crime -- I guess we all have our things that drive us nuts.

+1 I don't take advice from people who can't write properly. It indicates to me either a lack of education, a lack of intelligence or both.

As for your question, I value my privacy. I'm honest with myself; that's all that's necessary.

And as we all know, those who aren't as well-educated or intellectual are actually sub-human. Third World countries should be severed ties with immediately, only given dictionaries and thesauruses to fend for themselves. Only when they can recite the entireties of these books with ease, shall we bring these formerly ignorant countries back into communication with us "proper" humans.

excuse me but did you just called people of third world countries ignorant?
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I am not talking about 3rd world countries. I am talking about the OP who has enough food to eat and access to the internet!

if u want peeple to teak you seriosly then learn to right good
  • aekimz23
    Options

In the most sarcastic manner possible...
  • aekimz23
    Options

I am not talking about 3rd world countries. I am talking about the OP who has enough food to eat and access to the internet!

You were actually talking about anybody you deem less educated and intellectual, anybody who can't write properly. Third World countries was just ONE example, this wasn't about having food and access to the internet. Those who have learning disabilities have those two priviledges also, but they may not be able to write up to your standards.
  • Toumani
    Toumani Posts: 78 Member
    Options

In the most sarcastic manner possible...

Oooooooh, now there's gonna be a fight, time to get the popcorn!!!!!

okicjTi.jpg
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Actually thank you for this post! I had no idea till i looked that mine was locked but now its open to my friends! It does not bother me to have it looked at.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine is private because it is my business. Seeing as how I have lost a good amount of weight, goes to show I don't need everyone to look at my diary and see what I am doing right or wrong. But it's awesome that you felt the need to try and call people out on their diary....the only thing you did was make yourself look dumb, while trying to pretend others are using MFP "wrong".
  • purple_tux1
    Options

You were actually talking about anybody you deem less educated and intellectual, anybody who can't write properly. Third World countries was just ONE example, this wasn't about having food and access to the internet. Those who have learning disabilities have those two priviledges also, but they may not be able to write up to your standards.

LOL. How about I tell YOU what I was talking about rather than the other way around. Oh wait, I already did. :bigsmile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I explain in my profile the reasons why mine is locked:
    My food diary is locked and will remain that way for a couple reasons:

1) I eat reasonably healthy, but I won't hold my diet up as an example for anybody else to emulate.

2) What I'm doing works for me and I really don't care what anybody else thinks of it.

I certainly don't claim to be any kind of expert and don't have degrees or certifications to back me up, but I've got a decent handle on nutrition. I'm accountable to myself, and don't want or need people who've chosen to starve themselves, eat in a manner different from me and/or who arbitrarily exclude foods (or entire food groups) from their diets trying to tell me how evil my diet is and why I should change it. As SideSteel alluded to above, I don't want/need commentary or accountability to others. I'm 100% responsible and accountable for my efforts and have just never been into the cheerleader/group support mentality. It works for many people and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that - it's just not my thing.

OTOH, if we're talking about people who come into the forums to ask advice regarding their diet, why they're stalled, why they're gaining, etc. - then they should certainly open their diaries so people who are inclined to do so can look at them and offer relevant suggestions.
    100% agreement with this. Hell, most days I don't even bother logging, hasn't hurt my maintenance or my current weight loss stage at all. I'm a grown man, I certainly don't need someone else to hold me accountable for my actions. I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself. It's called, "being a mature adult."
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well I believe my friends can see my food plan. If it's private that's okay with me, maybe people don't need to see my food cause it will confuse whatever eating plan they are on. Honestly I think if anyone criticized my choices I might block it. If it's open that's okay too it might inspire someone. I dno, I'm clearly on the fence about this. I've had no problems so far, so however it is I will leave it that way. (think I'm gonna change my name to sweden, or switzerland or whatever that "neutral" country was.)
  • peterzion
    Options
    I make mine public so my trainer can view it. If some else is interested in what I eat, I would be shocked.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Because I can.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options

When I want you to view my diary, I'll let you know.
  • purple_tux1
    Options
    :laugh: I am actually burning calories laughing at this thread. Oops there goes another 50 cal. :laugh: