Flirting ..disrepectful or not at all?

Options

Replies

• EstiloPanama
    Options
    Flirting while in a relationship, especially in a marriage, is disrespectful and therefore NOT okay.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I don't get this. If you look that's one thing, but if you actively flirt I assume you're interested and single (that or you're cheating scum). Beh. Don't waste my time if you're taken. I hate that!

I don't know if your significant other thinks you're disrespecting her when you do that, but for sure you're disrespecting me!

I think you're confusing "flirting" and "hitting on". There's a difference.

There is? Okay yeah, I missed that subtle distinction I guess.

I'm not sure its even that subtle. There seem to be a few women here that huddle in corners like scared alley cats and respond with venom to any guy daring to speak to them. At least I see them posting on threads. If you think that a guy speaking to you or even complimenting you automatically means that he's hitting on you, then you may be one these women.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Some people are natural flirts. I flirt with girls more than boys though. Weird?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    OP - didn't you have the racial post on dating?

Could be why your still single
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't get this. If you look that's one thing, but if you actively flirt I assume you're interested and single (that or you're cheating scum). Beh. Don't waste my time if you're taken. I hate that!

I don't know if your significant other thinks you're disrespecting her when you do that, but for sure you're disrespecting me!

I think you're confusing "flirting" and "hitting on". There's a difference.

There is? Okay yeah, I missed that subtle distinction I guess.

I'm not sure its even that subtle. There seem to be a few women here that huddle in corners like scared alley cats and respond with venom to any guy daring to speak to them. At least I see them posting on threads. If you think that a guy speaking to you or even complimenting you automatically means that he's hitting on you, then you may be one these women.

^^---- THIS.
    There is a HUGE difference between flirting and hitting on someone. I dont see a problem with a little harmless fun.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    If you're single please do. If you aren't, please don't!

That's my general rule as well. :)
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options

That's my general rule as well. :)

Same here for me toooo
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    depends....if you are playing around with attraction, trouble.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Could not have said it better myself.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    In real life, I flirt with pretty much everybody. If its got a pulse and a hole, I will hit on you with full intention of sleeping with you. Exceptions are there (married/somebody SO, friends ex, friend called dibs on you etc)

Online, I very very VERY rarely flirt. Most of the girls I know online flirt with me but I usually leave it unanswered. I have learned my lessons many years ago that nothing good comes out of flirting online, harmless or otherwise. That lesson was taught recently again when I tried to break the rule and was lied to. In real life I woulda caught the lie but online, its hard to tell.
  • slpazi13
    Options
    Think you need to find a differnt types of women you are dating...not all of us are jealous psychos...many of us are fun and love to laugh too.

Being fun and laughing has nothing to do with flirting. Unless I'm mistaken.
    Very ingnorant sounding post.

Really, I guess I am doing it all wrong then...dang it! :noway: :laugh:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't mind me flirting though I do not flirt in front of him but I am a waitress in a place that is almost a night club scene on most the nights I work, so I get flirted with a lot, I flirt back, may not mean half the crap I say to the guys but I flirt and you better believe I do it for the money lol.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Think you need to find a differnt types of women you are dating...not all of us are jealous psychos...many of us are fun and love to laugh too.

Do whatever you'd please.
    But just because somebody doesn't flirt and would appreciate their partner not flirt, doesn't make them crazy jealous people...
    Respect means different things to different couples.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I flirt once in a while. It's nice to have some positive attention from a female once in a while. Being told "rub my feet" and everything you did wrong that day can wear on a person.

Sounds like a wife problem.

Sometimes I wonder who y'all are married to.
  • meredith1123
    Options

Exactly

^^---- what she said.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    To answer the question, I think we're both guilty of 'glancing' but that's about where it ends. We're both friendly people and I think that gets mistaken for flirting by certain types of people but.... no.
  • slpazi13
    Options

But just because somebody doesn't flirt and would appreciate their partner not flirt, doesn't make them crazy jealous people...

Unfortunately, you took my comment out of context...since I didn't put it with the original quote. That was not at all what I was saying at all, I believe if a couple has communicaiton, this wouldn't be an issues since they would share what is ok with them and what is not.
  • meredith1123
    Options
    My husband doesn't mind me flirting though I do not flirt in front of him but I am a waitress in a place that is almost a night club scene on most the nights I work, so I get flirted with a lot, I flirt back, may not mean half the crap I say to the guys but I flirt and you better believe I do it for the money lol.

its always about the money! =)
  • slpazi13
    Options

So women who don't adhere to the "flirting is ok" mindset are jealous psychos in capable of fun and laughter? Wow

No...LOL I did not included the original quote.(I am new and just figured out the quote thing!) If you read the thread, it will make more sense! That was not at all what I was saying!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

This.