Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

Good overall physique with emphasis on shoulders.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

just don't like people who look like they try soooo hard

really? "not trying too hard" is what got me to where i need to lose 210 to be in a healthy BMI. "not trying too hard" is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.

and let me tell you something, if you saw Yo in the streets, wearing jeans and sneakers and a hoodie, hair in a messy pony and end-of-the-day make up on - you would think that she looks "effortlessly beautiful". she's flexing in a bikini and heels for fitness photos. toss on a pair of jeans or a flirty dress and she'll look like a hot, fit woman. because that's what she IS!

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-024.gif
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    she looks so fab!!! love this :)
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I hope she'd be flattered by me using her pictures as fitspo... :D
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I think you meant to say you dont like people who work out hard, you prefer those who read magazines on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes without turning the machine on and then call it a day...

No, I meant to say exactly what I said. If I look at someone and my first thought is "OMG she must be spending so much time in the gym", I don't consider that positive. To me, dedicating time to be healthy does not end up looking like this. Looking like this comes from dedicating a large amount of time to "I want to look like this and this". This, to me, is plain superficial.

I'm not too far off from what the girl in the photos looks like, (minus the great boobs) and I can tell you, I don't spend more than an hour, hour and a half MAX in the gym a day and not more than 6 days a week, usually more like 4-5 days. I don't think it is superficial to be healthy and look good doing so.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Why does she look so angry?

Because overweight women keep criticizing her looks.
    :drinker:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    @maab_connor: I expressed my opinion without telling you what to think. Please have the decency to do the same. Thanks.

actually, what you did was be very condiscending to ppl who litterally work their *kitten* off. and you were just condescending again. default setting?

and i wasn't telling you what to think, i was explaining that fitness photos aren't always how someone looks on the street.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:
    Hard work is always so impressive! Muscles look sexy on a women, just like on a man.. only different!:wink::drinker: Thanks for the inspiration, I'm headed to do weights after my appt. this morning! Great inspiration can be had on these boards!!!:wink::drinker:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I think she looks amazing and would love to look half as fit as her. Kudos to her for giving me some inspiration for the day.

I think the backlash is from this:

1. People see that others say that she looks great, know they don't look like her and put it down

2. People see that she worked harder than they're willing to ever work, and put it down

3. People see she's had a boob job and go SO THERE I won't ever look like that because either I can't afford a boob job or I have something against plastic surgery (if it's the latter, seriously, mind your own business). The boob job isn't the point. Anyone can get a boob job. This thread is to show off her hard work with diet and exercise. That's like saying no one should dye their hair, come on. Besides, at least it's a good boob job- they don't look like she tacked on a couple balloons.

I see toned arms and really amazing legs. The abs may be a tiiiiny bit much for me but then I would be glad just to have a flat stomach, let alone a defined one and still appreciate her hard work.

Fear not, you won't look like her tomorrow if you pick up a pink little dumbbell today! She did this with a definite goal in mind of looking like a fitness model and worked very hard to get there. If you'd rather look more like Kim Kardashian or Scarlett Johansson, weights will still help you get there. You just don't have to get quite as extreme.
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    beautiful!
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    I think she looks killer. I feel like if I got my body to that point, I would feel more confident in what I was allowed to eat! I think she's got just the right amount of muscle still with the rockin' female body, just sayin :)
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    Her build is not too much. She looks strong, fit and yet still feminine. Anyone who says otherwise is either intimidated or jealous.
    Keep up the good work, you look great.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    And to those critizing her hard work in any way - the only ugly I'm seeing here is your words.
    Agree 100%. The work, dedication and discipline it takes to achieve a physique like that (or even slightly above the norm, for that matter) is something the haters will never even begin to be able to fathom.

^^QFT, all of the above!! I'm amazed constantly at the willingness other women have to tear each other down.

OP, your girl looks awesome! I would kill to look that good right now!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    She looks amazing. However, I have a question. Maybe it has been answered in the 14 pages somewhere, I don't know. The original post said "ZERO cardio", then when I looked at her diet and lifting plan, it said 50 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. Which is it? I'm not trying to be rude, only curious. I am completely addicted to cardio everyday and I JUST started lifting....I am unsure of dropping cardio :/
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think you meant to say you dont like people who work out hard, you prefer those who read magazines on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes without turning the machine on and then call it a day...

No, I meant to say exactly what I said. If I look at someone and my first thought is "OMG she must be spending so much time in the gym", I don't consider that positive. To me, dedicating time to be healthy does not end up looking like this. Looking like this comes from dedicating a large amount of time to "I want to look like this and this". This, to me, is plain superficial.

This thought process is sad. Just plain sad.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Im glad this is on here today, it has actually made me want to get back into heavy lifting, as from tonite!! I was just going to do bodyweight stuff, then thought back at all the times when I did do heavy lifting and realised that was the only thing that gave me great shape. I too have a boob job, and cannot wait to get a great fit looking body.

• sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @ ipuffyheartco - I just looked at your profile too, wow, you look amazing!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

just don't like people who look like they try soooo hard

I agree but some men DO like that. I personally do not, I'd prefer a farm girl for that matter.

I'm a farmer and I reckon she'd be quite handy about the place, as it goes..... :tongue:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing. However, I have a question. Maybe it has been answered in the 14 pages somewhere, I don't know. The original post said "ZERO cardio", then when I looked at her diet and lifting plan, it said 50 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. Which is it? I'm not trying to be rude, only curious. I am completely addicted to cardio everyday and I JUST started lifting....I am unsure of dropping cardio :/

ZERO cardio whilst dieting. Whilst she was bulking up she was doing 50 mins a day. She hasn't done any cardio (in terms of using our spinbike) for SSCV since Mid December. At that point it was for nutrient uptake and as previously said, she didn't always stick to it :smile:

If you are BULKING cardio is great for help taking nutrients into the muscle.

If you are CUTTING introduce cardio in stages. She is doing NO cardio at the moment because I want her body to drop fat as much as possible without it, so we only have to slowly introduce it. Never use all your hand of cards at once, do it bit by bit, since the body loves homeostasis - start off with everything at the beginning, doing 50-60 mins a day, where do you go from there when the fat loss stops and you don't want to drop calories? More cardio? 2 hours a day?