Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Haters..... Haters haters... That girls is beautiful an has the body I strive for! I am almost there. I'm wearing her outfit to work! I think my sales will go up .... Shoot if I was here I'd walk around in that bikini all day everywhere... Just keep changing shoes.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Holy Hotness Batman!!!! I wouldn't mind looking in the mirror and seeing that, dipped in caramel of course!:wink: Any advice for a newbie?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    A question to those those who think an hour or so in the gym a day is too much. How long do you spend in front of the TV or internet each day? Or console? What health benefits do they bring around? In fact, do they bring anything positive at all?

Not a jibe, just something to think about.
  • maxxcage
    Options
    She looks great, not like some of these women who body build. I lift weights but I don't want a body builders body.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    @ ipuffyheartco - I just looked at your profile too, wow, you look amazing!

aw, thank you kindly! :blushing:
  • maxxcage
    Options
    This was my question to my s/o. I spend an hour and a half in the gym every morning, and have seen great results. Its a lot better than watching t.v., which I don't like to do in the first place. If he'd just get off his rear and go walk , that'd make a big difference.
    A question to those those who think an hour or so in the gym a day is too much. How long do you spend in front of the TV or internet each day? Or console? What health benefits do they bring around? In fact, do they bring anything positive at all?

• _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

just don't like people who look like they try soooo hard

really? "not trying too hard" is what got me to where i need to lose 210 to be in a healthy BMI. "not trying too hard" is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.

Nah, the environment we live in encourages obesity. You don't see indigenous peoples on their native diets becoming obese even with massive food surpluses. I don't consider it anyone's fault for being overweight. Too much of the information regarding weight loss from the US Govt is incorrect as well which doesn't help.

"I don't consider it anyone's fault for being overweight" Please tell me I'm being punkd...please.

YOU and only YOU made the choices for your body. Blaming everyone and everything else is fruitless and a waste of time.

At some point people have to CHOOSE to want to be healthy and look better and feel better....hence, the woman in the pics posted by the OP. It's not superficial....it's not tons of time in the gym...just like some people have kids and spend hours playing baseball in the yard...some don't have kids and spend time in the gym working on themselves. Reality is you don't need to spend a crapload of time in the gym to get these results.

I wish I had dedicated time to looking healthy and fit when I was younger....cuz then now I'd BE fit...and feel a hell of a lot better. Someone spending time in the gym lifting because that is their passion and they want to compete is no different than anyone else who is just eating less and trying to lose weight....for the most part, people lose weight because they want to feel better and healthier or look better...and most times it is both. SO I guess we all should just call ourselves superficial.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

:love:
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @ ipuffyheartco - I just looked at your profile too, wow, you look amazing!

aw, thank you kindly! :blushing:

your welcome, very inspirational! :)
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

just don't like people who look like they try soooo hard

really? "not trying too hard" is what got me to where i need to lose 210 to be in a healthy BMI. "not trying too hard" is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.

Nah, the environment we live in encourages obesity. You don't see indigenous peoples on their native diets becoming obese even with massive food surpluses. I don't consider it anyone's fault for being overweight. Too much of the information regarding weight loss from the US Govt is incorrect as well which doesn't help.

"I don't consider it anyone's fault for being overweight" Please tell me I'm being punkd...please.

YOU and only YOU made the choices for your body. Blaming everyone and everything else is fruitless and a waste of time.

At some point people have to CHOOSE to want to be healthy and look better and feel better....hence, the woman in the pics posted by the OP. It's not superficial....it's not tons of time in the gym...just like some people have kids and spend hours playing baseball in the yard...some don't have kids and spend time in the gym working on themselves. Reality is you don't need to spend a crapload of time in the gym to get these results.

I wish I had dedicated time to looking healthy and fit when I was younger....cuz then now I'd BE fit...and feel a hell of a lot better. Someone spending time in the gym lifting because that is their passion and they want to compete is no different than anyone else who is just eating less and trying to lose weight....for the most part, people lose weight because they want to feel better and healthier or look better...and most times it is both. SO I guess we all should just call ourselves superficial.

No, nobody chooses to be obese. If that helps you to think that way in order to maintain your fitness be my guest, but it isn't true.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Excellent point. I ran some numbers for all to see.

There are 168hrs in a given week. is one were to spend 1.5 hrs per workout (this being more then enough time) and say the individual works out 5x's a week that is only 7.5hrs per week (which translates into only 4% of time during the week) Not a lot of time spent towards that now is there? Im sure many individuals spend hella more time then that a week on other things that are not beneficial.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I would love to have her dedication, she looks incredible!!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Quite - human beings are supposed to excercise, an hour a day is not a lot really, is it?
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

No, nobody chooses to be obese. If that helps you to think that way in order to maintain your fitness be my guest, but it isn't true.

So you're saying that people are being forced to eat more than they need to...many to the point of discomfort?

These foods are available to us...but we do have to choose to eat them. THe only thing I can possibly put on anyone else (i.e. government) is the lack of education regarding nutrition. But....I could've just always went out on my own and decided to learn about it...but at the time, I chose to over indulge.

Anyone can become obese with native diets if they're eating too much...or not exercising...again, all personal choices.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Matt, you and Yo have done well. Kudos to Yo for the dedication (which I surely lack) and kudos to you for sticking by her and helping her to reach her goal. Also, I give you a standing ovation on how you have handled the criticism and the negative comments from people who have chosen not to keep their mouths shut. I was raised with the "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" mentality. I guess when you hide behind a computer screen, this gives you a certain power to rip people to shreds because you know they cannot come after you.

Being that I am 5'2" and have a sister girl physique, I do not think I could get to where Yo is, but I am going to dig deep for some motivation and dedication and whittle down to where I am happy.

I wish you and Yo all the best! :drinker:
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options

So you're saying that people are being forced to eat more than they need to...many to the point of discomfort?

These foods are available to us...but we do have to choose to eat them.

Correct, the mere fact that you have to count your calories on a website like this to maintain a healthy weight should indicate to you that you didn't simply choose to overeat. Tell me what wild animal becomes obese because it has too much food available to it? Show me an indigenous human tribe that does not consume anything other than their native diet and becomes obese?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tweety - very nice for you to stop by and say that! :smile:

And all the other positive vibes that applies too! :flowerforyou:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

If you want to keep telling yourself it's society's fault that people eat too many calories be my guest. I'm sure it's very comforting.

But it's not true.

They may not choose to be obese. But they choose what to eat and whether or not they exercise. Those decisions they freely make will result in whether they're overweight or not.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I do think she looks amazing, but I don't understand why these women with amazing physiques that they work so hard for feel the need to stick those stupid cartoon boobs on themselves.
    I want to see more women embrace looking athletic and muscular without the giant bazumbas.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I personally love how she looks, she isn't too bulky, she has a nice rip to her stomach, arms and legs, it's not over the top or disgusting looking. Go her!!!