Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to see more of how we train, please see our facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-WILD-Matt-Wild-UKBFF-Gaspari-Rep-Yo-Lazarov-The-Newbie/416793921724418

and on MFP:

www.myfitnesspal.com/yo_lazarov

Just did :) That is so my world but i really dont have a clue where to start with lifting :( Currently wk 4 of p90x so maybe once iv completed this il look into it a bit more. You both look amazing!!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yea, my fiance would not be too pleased with me looking like that. LOL

I wouldn't want to look like that. I want to be feminine and in shape. I don't want to look like a man. But to each, his/her own.

She looks nothing like a man.

She is the fiance of the guy who started this thread.

Would you like to hear people's opinions on whether or not they want your body?

^THIS x's 10!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If this woman looks like a man, then dammit I want to look like a man!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i think she looks great! everyone saying, i wouldnt want to look like that, or my SO wouldnt want me to look like that....well, i think shes got her flex on in these pics, lol. im sure she doesnt have a pump like that all the time, and im willing to bet my bottom dollar that she looks like a freaking knock out in jeans and a tee too. just saying. not a jiggly bit on that body. i would LOVE!!! stick to cardio and eat like a bird...youre depriving your body, ya, youl lose weight, but dont expect the jiggles to go away with out some weight training, that is all.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Does this really have to turn into one of those ridiculous "are women with muscles attractive" threads? Seriously.

Is it not enough to acknowledge that this woman has set herself a challenging goal, was worked hard and has achieved a high level of conditioning? How about just saying "Well done on achieving your goals!"

I think what some people are also failing to realise is that this lady has options. If she wants the physique of a swim wear model she can just diet up again and add body fat. She has the physique of a figure competitor now because that is what she wants. She has applied herself and it has worked.

Well worth repeating.
  • keelski
    keelski Posts: 18
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

Why do people say "no offense" after a comment that is, basically, an insult? You still look like a jerk. How do you think the women who work very hard for a muscular body feel when they read what you wrote? "No offense" doesn't make it better.

^ This.

I think Yo looks stunning and and personally, doesn't look manly at all. Seriously, well done and all the best!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

I wouldn't want to look like that. I want to be feminine and in shape. I don't want to look like a man. But to each, his/her own.

Her MAN posted those pictures. That was flat out rude. She doesn't look like a man. She looks like a feminine woman with some muscles and definition who has worked hard and is definitely in shape. You could have left it at to each his/her own without saying she looked like a man.

What looks masculine and feminine is subjective to many. She can think what she likes and she can look like what she wants.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to see more of how we train, please see our facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-WILD-Matt-Wild-UKBFF-Gaspari-Rep-Yo-Lazarov-The-Newbie/416793921724418

and on MFP:

Just did :) That is so my world but i really dont have a clue where to start with lifting :( Currently wk 4 of p90x so maybe once iv completed this il look into it a bit more. You both look amazing!!

Watch the video's on the facebook link, thats literally what we do :smile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

If she looks like a man, then I'm a homosexual.

Me, too. BEEEP!
  • meepsterbird
    Options
    Yesss!!! Awesome!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Her MAN posted those pictures. That was flat out rude. She doesn't look like a man. She looks like a feminine woman with some muscles and definition who has worked hard and is definitely in shape. You could have left it at to each his/her own without saying she looked like a man.

What looks masculine and feminine is subjective to many. She can think what she likes and she can look like what she wants.

Sure. She can think what she wants, but in that same respect I can tell her I think its rude. The girl in the picture is human, after all. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to call your girl a man.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all 16 pages.

She looks awesome.

Her muscles really aren't that "big". They are well developed for her frame, and nicely defined by her low body fat. I bet she's tiny in person, size 2 if not smaller (US sizes, I don't know UK sizes).
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

and on MFP:

Watch the video's on the facebook link, thats literally what we do :smile:

I sure will do :) Iv got to lose the fat tho lol im working on it!! :)
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    would like to be 1/5 that strong!

I was just wondering this morning why I see so many chubby (like me!) girls doing cardio and all the lean toned ones lifting weights. Now I know! I love cardio and think it's great, but I am starting to focus more on weights. After seeing this, now I know my observation has some validity!
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    She looks great and should be proud to show her figure off -- just proof that hard work can get results. Although some people don't want to look like her (to each their own) why slate? We all work hard to achieve our goals so should support one another. Some people are probably just jealous, or want to look like her but have zero intention of putting the work in.

Right now, I'm doing a lot of cardio and just trying to increase my fitness, but hopefully over the next few months, I can start looking into weights.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I "look like a man" :love:

Tell your fiance I said to go on with her bad self!!! :drinker:
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options

So you're saying that people are being forced to eat more than they need to...many to the point of discomfort?

These foods are available to us...but we do have to choose to eat them.

Correct, the mere fact that you have to count your calories on a website like this to maintain a healthy weight should indicate to you that you didn't simply choose to overeat. Tell me what wild animal becomes obese because it has too much food available to it? Show me an indigenous human tribe that does not consume anything other than their native diet and becomes obese?

i can see the argument that this website is a shrine to First World Problems. b/c living in the land of plenty in a time of plenty IS a First World Problem.

HOWEVER - as an obese person, as a MORBIDLY obese person, it WAS a choice. it was a choice every time i ate my problems and my feelings rather than confronting them. it was a CHOICE to sit in front of the TV. it was a CHOICE to put things in my cart at the supermarket and then to put them in my body at home. it was a CHOICE to order an ENTIRE pizza and eat it ALL. these were all a thousand little choices every single day that cummulated in in the CHOICE to be obese.

and that's not even touching the choice EVERY DAY to NOT CHANGE.

i still work two jobs, i still like TV, i still like pizza, i still have a house to clean and laundry to do and an amazing dog who wants to curl up on my lap on my big, comfy couch. but now i CHOOSE to change. i CHOOSE to live my life and not let it pass me by. i CHOOSE to get to the gym and to put healthier stuff in my cart. and a buck-passing attitude where it is someone else's fault how i live, how i look and how i feel is no longer good enough for me.

Eating should not make you feel like your problems are less difficult. I doubt you would ever feel that way in a different environment and with different foods available to you. Did you choose to desire to eat when you had plenty of body fat available? I doubt it. We naturally eat when we are hungry, and trust that the system is working correctly to maintain the correct level of body fat. Unfortunately, our environment really throws a wrench in the gears of that system, causing us to be hungry when we should not be.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Looks great ON HER, but definitely not the look I'm going for at all.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with not wanting this look for yourself. That doesn't mean the people who feel that way are rude or out to offend the OP or the woman in the picture. It just means that that's not a look we want for ourselves. If you post something on the internet, you're inviting commentary and opinion, and not all the opinions will be positive. I'm not obligated to praise this picture or what it represents just because it's been posted here.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think she looks amazing.

She certainly doesn't look like a man to me... I see no peen or adam's apple bulge (lol), just some nice lean muscle and holy cow defined abs.

I guess I don't get how people don't find that attractive. Then again, I don't find stick skinny no definition wasting away females to be attractive. She looks happy and healthy <---- And that is the most important thing.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

So you're saying that people are being forced to eat more than they need to...many to the point of discomfort?

These foods are available to us...but we do have to choose to eat them.

Correct, the mere fact that you have to count your calories on a website like this to maintain a healthy weight should indicate to you that you didn't simply choose to overeat. Tell me what wild animal becomes obese because it has too much food available to it? Show me an indigenous human tribe that does not consume anything other than their native diet and becomes obese?

i can see the argument that this website is a shrine to First World Problems. b/c living in the land of plenty in a time of plenty IS a First World Problem.

HOWEVER - as an obese person, as a MORBIDLY obese person, it WAS a choice. it was a choice every time i ate my problems and my feelings rather than confronting them. it was a CHOICE to sit in front of the TV. it was a CHOICE to put things in my cart at the supermarket and then to put them in my body at home. it was a CHOICE to order an ENTIRE pizza and eat it ALL. these were all a thousand little choices every single day that cummulated in in the CHOICE to be obese.

and that's not even touching the choice EVERY DAY to NOT CHANGE.

i still work two jobs, i still like TV, i still like pizza, i still have a house to clean and laundry to do and an amazing dog who wants to curl up on my lap on my big, comfy couch. but now i CHOOSE to change. i CHOOSE to live my life and not let it pass me by. i CHOOSE to get to the gym and to put healthier stuff in my cart. and a buck-passing attitude where it is someone else's fault how i live, how i look and how i feel is no longer good enough for me.

Eating should not make you feel like your problems are less difficult. I doubt you would ever feel that way in a different environment and with different foods available to you. Did you choose to desire to eat when you had plenty of body fat available? I doubt it. We naturally eat when we are hungry, and trust that the system is working correctly to maintain the correct level of body fat. Unfortunately, our environment really throws a wrench in the gears of that system, causing us to be hungry when we should not be.

Not so: Research optimal foraging theory.