Any spouses with separate bedrooms?

Options
12346»

Replies

• cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    We ended up getting a king bed, and it really does help a lot. It's like having separate beds when we need space (or I need to roll the covers over my ears to block out the snoring), but we can also cuddle if we want to. We have separate blankets since he tosses and turns and rolls up like a tortilla, and that helps a lot too.

But like I said, on the nights his snoring wakes me up every 30-45 minutes and keeps me up for an hour at a time, I just give up and go into the spare bedroom. I see no reason to lose sleep, especially when it means I'll be angry the next day.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The tortilla thing I completely get! LOL

If one of us snored loud enough to be really disturbing to the other from getting quality sleep, we may of ended up in separate beds too. The tossing was creating a problem because I have psoriatic arthritis and when you're being inadvertently pummeled through the night or have a leg thrown over you pinning you down, it made for some very rough mornings. I was happy upgrading to a king size resolved all of our sleep issues.

We have no issues with a TV in the bedroom. Our daughters are grown now (19 & 23) but our bedroom was always a "kid free" zone. If they wanted something in the middle of the night they knew to knock and wait until someone told them to come in. I couldn't of done the co-sleeping thing.... guess I didn't like my kids that much! LOL