Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
Hi all.

This is something I wanted to address for a while and thought that others might be interested in discussing it too.

I wear makeup to the gym. Basically I wear makeup every day (and quite heavy eye makeup) anything that goes directly on my akin is mineral, which doesn't cause acne, and it all has very heavy staying power. It's because of this that I see no reason to take it off.

Secondly, while I don't have any major confidence issues and feel pretty enough bare-faced, I feel more like 'me' in my make up. I see it as a form of self expression and a facet of my personality. Painting crazy *kitten* on my face is part of who I am.

I'm not trying to justify what I do, just explain it. I'd like to hear how others feel about this, do you wear make up to the gym? Do you disagree with it?

Lets keep it friendly, I just thought it might be a fun topic to chat about.

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    People feel very strongly about this here for some strange reason. My own male gender perspective, I don't think twice about a woman in the gym based on presence or absence of make-up.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I think that's good :)

It will be interesting to hear what guys think about this too actually
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Just make sure the mascara is waterproof ;-)
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    wearing make up to the gym doesn't matter, i go the gym after work and i have make up on, i couldn't care less what people think
    :-)
    me having make up on during a work out would not affect my session or anyone elses, so who cares?
  • I too wear make-up everywhere I go. No caked-on madness, just to look good. It makes me feel good about myself and that's all that matters to me. When I'm done with my workout I look like a sweaty mess anyway :laugh: and I don't care!!

Haters are always gonna hate. Do what makes you feel good! :flowerforyou:
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem here. If you feel better wearing it, good. If you prefer not to, also good. Just do what you want and what makes you feel good. :)
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I personally don't, but I don't think it matters.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of women, myself included. go to the gym directly before or after work, therefore there will be makeup involved.

The only thing I find dumb is if someone is going only to the gym and right back home and they showed up with a full face on. On days I am NOT going to work before or after the gym, I literally look like I rolled out of bed and stumbled into the gym. I am there to work not to look good.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't put make up on to go to the gym - however I don't take it off before I go to the gym if I have it on from work etc...I don't really think about it too much!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    If I workout in the morning, I don't bother with make-up and put it on after my post-workout shower (especially if I plan on going out or doing something sociable later in the day).
    If I workout at night and I've been doing something during the day (uni lectures, day out etc...) I'll keep my make up on.

I wouldn't put make-up on prior to going to the gym because I know I'm just going to shower and take it off anyway.

Each to their own though :smile:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup anyway, so gym is the same, and I don't give a rat's *kitten* if anyone male or female wants to wear makeup or zany gym workout clothes to the gym.

Not sure why you would be concerned about it either, but to each their own.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    While I personally don't wear makeup to the gym, really its about whatever makes you comfortable. The more confident and happy you are with yourself the more positive choices you'll make ( like going to the gym)
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i dont wear make up when i work out cause i usually work out in the morning before i shower for work - lol but my friends wear make up when they work out .. do what you feel comfortable with
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I think a lot of women, myself included. go to the gym directly before or after work, therefore there will be makeup involved.

The only thing I find dumb is if someone is going only to the gym and right back home and they showed up with a full face on. On days I am NOT going to work before or after the gym, I literally look like I rolled out of bed and stumbled into the gym. I am there to work not to look good.

I guess I'm yet to actually be in that situation, I always do an evening workout.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    While I personally don't wear makeup to the gym, really its about whatever makes you comfortable. The more confident and happy you are with yourself the more positive choices you'll make ( like going to the gym)

You'd be cute with some mascara.
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    Makeup is fine. I wear it myself coming from work. If someone wants to wear so much that it slides down their face with sweat then thats up to them. Its a lot better than strong perfume.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

THIS !!!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    People will hate you for wearing make up.

People will hate you for not bothering.

People will hate you for training.

People will hate you for not training.

Long and short? Do what you see fit. Life is too short to worry about what others think with such a minor thing, such as make up.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    lol do whatever u wanna do , i go to gym in slippers sometimes . dont care what ppl think ... im there to TRAIN
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    People will hate you for wearing make up.

People will hate you for not bothering.

People will hate you for training.

People will hate you for not training.

Long and short? Do what you see fit. Life is too short to worry about what others think with such a minor thing, such as make up.

lol this ^ ppl will find reasons to hate you.. do what makes you happy ^^