Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I don't, I like looking like a pasty dead corpse with working out.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Each to their own, that's what I say!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    meh
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Women is OK, but not on the guys :noway:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Such a none question seeing as it's "something I wanted to address for a while". Do you think anyone actually cares if you wear make up to the gym?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Do what you want. But I don't like burning eyes from make-up soaked sweat.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I don't care if someone does or doesn't wear make-up to the gym.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Such a none question seeing as it's "something I wanted to address for a while". Do you think anyone actually cares if you wear make up to the gym?

Actually some do. I've seen a lot of those "I hate those little gym bunnies wearing make up and skimpy work out clothes and just standing around flirting with the lifting guys" post
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    lol do whatever u wanna do , i go to gym in slippers sometimes . dont care what ppl think ... im there to TRAIN

pajama pants and sandals here haha
    like a boss

I roll into the gym all the time in flip flops to train barefoot. And I gotta try the bunny slippers, though I may have to get a jet black pair so they're more bad azz
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I regularly show up looking like Mimi from the drew carey show. By the end of my workout it brings a whole new meaning to face painting
  • XopherReed
    XopherReed Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I barely look at people when I go to the gym. I'm there for solitary refinement, but IMO as long as you don't look like Tammy Faye Baker, more power to you.
  • ObiRenKenobi
    Options
    I usually don't leave the house without make up, but I don't bother with it when I go to the gym.. I go very early in the morning, then come home and shower.. It would be pointless to put it on just to wash it off an hour and a half later..
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I like it when ladies show up to work out looking like drag queens.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    i got booted from my last gym for wearing makeup....
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Actually some do. I've seen a lot of those "I hate those little gym bunnies wearing make up and skimpy work out clothes and just standing around flirting with the lifting guys" post

Yeah but would you be concerned enough to want to address it in the forums? Obviously not concerned enough to use the search function :ohwell:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup maybe once a month, once every other month. So I don't have any on when I go. If I had makeup on and I was doing an evening workout, I would probably not bother removing it before doing my workout.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I wear guyliner to the gym. It makes me feel more badass.
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Never bothered me, go there to work out and sweat. Dont think its a good look for ladies with make up running down their face
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I don't apply it just to go to the gym. I don't take it off just to go to the gym. Some days, I rock a full face of make-up that I sweat off that gets all over my sweat towel....gets kinda streaky, but who cares.

Having said that, there are people who go to the gym fully kitted out who don't work out, they just follow around their guy (or like what happened to my husband not so long ago, follow a strange guy they don't even know). Those girls bug me. Especially when there's body glitter on their shoulders.

*off to find rocket powered bunny slippers because those really do sound awesome*
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    People will hate you for wearing make up.

People will hate you for not bothering.

People will hate you for training.

People will hate you for not training.

Long and short? Do what you see fit. Life is too short to worry about what others think with such a minor thing, such as make up.

I think this pretty much sums up most of the squabbles that go on in life and on these forums. As is said above, stop worrying about what other people think.