PISSED OFF!!

Options

Replies

• RaViCa
    RaViCa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A lot of good information in this thread. I'm experiencing a similar situation. I'm just book marking so can come back and read it later.
    To the OP.... DON'T GIVE UP!
  • kymie133
    Options
    Are you eating right? I won't get into this to much about myself, but last March I was 205 and someone asked when my baby was due, BABY? Heck Im 49 I had a hysterectomy..Im not pregnant..so I immediately took it seriously, At this time 1/22/13 I am 133.6 and I was wearing a size 22 womans jeans and I am now wearing size 10 juniors some 13 juniors (depending what company makes them) I started reading anything and everything and realized my body belongs to God and It is only mine on loan, so I consulted our heavenly Father. He showed me high protein foods, low fat cottage cheese and almonds, 24 almonds a day helps eat the fat and keeps you fuller longer and green apples, I have a 1/2 cup of fiber one cereal(60 cal) and I add either 1 tbsp of raspberries to it or blackberries) then I do my workout, I have ataxia and very little balance so I have my 6 foot couch behind me, I always have ice water with me, I have my favorite youtube videos and my headphones(so I don't bother anyone at 7 n the morning) then when I am done with my hour workout, I have 1 ounce of fresh pineapple(not canned) and water and then I shower and for a snack I will have lindts 85% cocoa choc candy 2 squares and 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese and 3 hours later I will have a raw carrot (ALWAYS RAW VEGGIES) because farmers give the cows and pigs steamed veggies to add weight! and I measure out everything..like 1 cup of hot dish for supper and water and green tea.. I have a green apple with my first & last meal to ensure fullness and I have my last meal 15 hours before my first meal.. so its protein you want...and I was told to not go by numbers on the scale BUT I am a fanatic about my weight, I weigh in every morning naked after I pee and 2 hours after my supper...
    Brush your teeth after your last meal so your mouth feels clean and you wont want to eat again.. so deep dark choc anything 70 or above with cocoa and almonds or any nuts 1 oz. I have a food scale and I don't know if you can buy them where you live, but I love cinnamon almonds..cinnamon is fat and calorie free and is god for you, walnuts are also very good for you...

so measure and weigh your food and green apples or red ,green is better and 5 cups of green tea a day and all RAW veggies.. don't forget to drink a lot of water...
    I hope this helps you..

also our weight fluctuates 2 to 5 pounds and if you have a restaurant meal, it will fluctuate at least 5 to 7 pounds..due to sodium..(its not real weight!) Embrace the body God gave you but take care of it.. these are advice thoughts from others and it worked for me.

kymie133
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok i found the article on a new workout program and weight gain - it makes sense to me:

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more
    2. Give it more than 2 weeks.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I think the closer to goal we get and the HARDER we work out the slower it will be because our muscle is being built up and it looks like we are gaining when we are really gaining muscle. I do better if I eat all of my 1200 cals. best of luck!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Eat more, drink lots of water and be patient. No uncommon to gain when you first start lifting. Your muscles must adjust and they take on water. Really. And the scale is a liar. Really.

Consistency over time, take your measurements once a month. Only. The tape measure tells the truth.

Consistency over time..,...you didn't get that way over night....don't expect it to fall off over night either. It's a long hard process, but well worth the time. :)) good luck!!!!
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat so if you're losing fat but gaining muscle maybe that is why. plus 'up' your calories x

Edit to add.. do measurements rather than weight x
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Read this. This is what really happens during the journey. You will get frustrated, impatient and hit plateaus. Stick to it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like
    I love this! great, and funny, and TRUE!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    1) You aren't eating enough. 1131 is nowhere near enough, especially with that kind of workout regimen.

2) When you start strength training, it's common for your muscles to retain water. Many people "gain" a few pounds during the first few weeks of a new weight program.

Calm down and read this again......

^^^All of that^^^

And, I can tell you from firsthand experience - you may think you are doing your body good by only eating 1000-1200 cals a day, but all your hard work is going down the drain because you are not eating enough. I did it to myself because I was hardheaded and didn't listen to anyone on here. Please, if you don't hear anything else from any of these posts, hear this:

EAT

:flowerforyou:
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Two weeks!!!!?????? EARLY days my friend. Your body changes from the inside out. There are things happening that you don't see. Look for change in 12 weeks and eat some more!! Calories are too low
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more!!
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What is your bmr and tdee? For the type of exercise you are doing I would bet you are not eating enough. You need to fuel your body or you won't get the results you are looking for. Also at such a large deficit the likely hood of you building muscle is honestly slim to none. I know people like to throw that around but it has only been 2 weeks and you are eating very little for the type of workouts you do so...no it probably isn't because you are "building muscle". If you just started working out it could be water weight from your body trying to heal from the workouts. Be carefull about eating so little. If it isn't enough to properly fuel your body you could slow your metabolism and make reaching your goals even more difficult.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

I gotta support what this guy said. Eating more does not work for me. I have tried it and gave it time, Believe me! What works for me is high protein, and reducing calories. Sucks but it works.
    The one thing I hate about MFP is that I am not allowed to say this. If you say anything to contradict EM2WL you get your head handed to you on a platter.
    Let the roasting commence....

I completely agree with you here. Some people can eat more, and some cannot. If you look at the people who have lost 100 pounds or more on here, they did NOT lose it by eating more. I follow results. 90% of the people that keep giving the 'eat more' advice either, lost their weight by eating less, but now say they did it the 'wrong' way and you should do it the 'right' way, or they have just started, have lost 1 pound, and swear that the pounds are 'falling off' and it is working and you should do it too!

I am not supporting starving yourself, but I really wish that people would not give others advice that they need to eat more, simply because they read it on the forums that that is the way you should be doing it.

If it really has worked for you long term, then tell your story with details of how exactly you did it.

If you have been on here for 2 weeks, then you do not have enough life experience to be giving out advice. You don't know what works for you yet, so don't just recycle advice you have read from others on here.

If you have had WLS and lost a ton of weight eating 500-800 cals, do not tell people they need to eat more.

There, now I can share some of your roasting!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    1) You aren't eating enough. 1131 is nowhere near enough, especially with that kind of workout regimen.

2) When you start strength training, it's common for your muscles to retain water. Many people "gain" a few pounds during the first few weeks of a new weight program.

But I bet you LOOK fantastic. Take pictures. Take measurements. There's more to fitness than weight.
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options

There's more to fitness than weight.

:drinker:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

If you have had WLS and lost a ton of weight eating 500-800 cals, do not tell people they need to eat more.

No, I would tell them to seek a professional, as 900 calories a day is considered medical starvation. Lower than that could be coined as "suicide." You ARE promoting starvation - by quite literal terms, no less. Many anoretics set their diets at 500 calories a day - is that something you really want to say is OKAY?

I'm glad you're comfortable with it.

I'm not.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you have been on here for 2 weeks, then you do not have enough life experience to be giving out advice. You don't know what works for you yet, so don't just recycle advice you have read from others on here.

I've actually been on here since April. This is a new profile.

I started out eating 1400 calories. My weight loss kept stopping for 4-6 weeks at a time, and then I'd lose a couple pounds and stop again.

I did the road map Dan set up, increased my calories to 1800, and started losing 1-2 pounds per week. I've lost 36 pounds since July.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I gotta support what this guy said. Eating more does not work for me. I have tried it and gave it time, Believe me! What works for me is high protein, and reducing calories. Sucks but it works.
    The one thing I hate about MFP is that I am not allowed to say this. If you say anything to contradict EM2WL you get your head handed to you on a platter.
    Let the roasting commence....

I completely agree with you here. Some people can eat more, and some cannot. If you look at the people who have lost 100 pounds or more on here, they did NOT lose it by eating more. I follow results. 90% of the people that keep giving the 'eat more' advice either, lost their weight by eating less, but now say they did it the 'wrong' way and you should do it the 'right' way, or they have just started, have lost 1 pound, and swear that the pounds are 'falling off' and it is working and you should do it too!

I am not supporting starving yourself, but I really wish that people would not give others advice that they need to eat more, simply because they read it on the forums that that is the way you should be doing it.

If it really has worked for you long term, then tell your story with details of how exactly you did it.

Lol! I lost over 125lbs by eating more (1700to1800 a day). I don't know if you are just reading what you want to read but there are a lot of people who eat more and lost massive amounts.
  • stgc95
    stgc95 Posts: 7
    Options
    So many good comments. If your looking, which of course you are, some positive movement in your workout/diet. Take measurements. Waist, arms, legs and so forth. You'll see a reduction in size without weight loss initially due to many of the factors menitioned by others. But, then you'll start seeing the weight dropping over time. Don't give it a lot of thought in two weeks, give it two months before being concerned.