Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If I workout in the morning, I don't bother with make-up and put it on after my post-workout shower (especially if I plan on going out or doing something sociable later in the day).
    If I workout at night and I've been doing something during the day (uni lectures, day out etc...) I'll keep my make up on.

I wouldn't put make-up on prior to going to the gym because I know I'm just going to shower and take it off anyway.

Each to their own though :smile:

This basically, personally I'd find it too much hassle to get made up for the gym just to shower it off after an hour and reaapply for work I'd have to get up at like 5AM 0_o, but if I go after work my work makeup just stays on. :)

I also find it strangely liberating to wake up and just take 5 mins getting dressed, brushing teeth and brushing my hair in a ponytail than my non gym morning routine of over an hour lol
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If I happen to have a light case of make-up on that day already and i'm going to the gym then yea, but typically i never wear make-up just to go to the gym.

I couldn't care less when I am going to the gym on HOW I look. Make-Up serves no purpose at the gym. What's your purpose?

I guess i'd rather not put on make-up, just to sweat and wash it off when I take a shower. It seems like a waste of make-up, time and money to me. Call me frugal.

I dont think it matters though. to each his own. it's totally up to you.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to wash it off (I wear heavy eye makeup most days and it's no fun when it runs in my eyes), but I have times where I just don't get to it or forget, but I don't give a **** about it running or looking a mess while I am working out, I just wash it off when I am done.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Such a none question seeing as it's "something I wanted to address for a while". Do you think anyone actually cares if you wear make up to the gym?

Actually some do. I've seen a lot of those "I hate those little gym bunnies wearing make up and skimpy work out clothes and just standing around flirting with the lifting guys" post

Exactly, thank you. I just thought it would be an interesting topic because I've seen some fairly strong opinions on the issue before
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Such a none question seeing as it's "something I wanted to address for a while". Do you think anyone actually cares if you wear make up to the gym?

Actually some do. I've seen a lot of those "I hate those little gym bunnies wearing make up and skimpy work out clothes and just standing around flirting with the lifting guys" post

Yeah but would you be concerned enough to want to address it in the forums? Obviously not concerned enough to use the search function :ohwell:

Obviously she was concerned enough to post it in the forums. If she wasn't then she wouldn't have.

No one made you reply to this post. You can take your bum elsewhere if you don't like it. And stop checking back in if you're so opposed to the post :happy:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I don't care either way. If I go first thing I wear tinted moisturizer and mascara and a little liner. If I go any other time I wear whatever makeup is on my face. Wearing full makeup might look silly but no need to redo it just to workout. I did see a girl working out in Uggs yesterday which was kinda weird....
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't care. I'm not at the gym thinking OH MY GAWD how DARE her put on eyeliner to spin...um, no. I typically work out following and I almost always have makeup on, so chances are, you'd see me with makeup on, too.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I believe women should always look their best.. Nothing looks more trashy then woman sloggin through walmart in a pair of sweats, uggs, and her husbnds tee shirt.... Put some effort into yourself and your husband won't have as much of a reason to be looking elsewhere....

I get up and immediately put my makeup on.... It doesn't take 5 mins to slip on a normal shirt and a pair of jeans..It may even take less effort then riffling around in your husbands closet to raid his over sized clothing....

I see nothing wrong with women wearing makeup to the gym...Now I do find it sad when she doesn't wear waterproof mascara and she's got coon eyes...bless her heart, she tried....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I'm more interested in their physique. Hot and less clothing..........yes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I have it on at the gym, but it's because I have just come from work and don't feel like taking it off first. If I go to the gym on a Saturday morning or something like that, I will not put it on.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I go early in the morning, so I don't put it on to go there, but if I went after work, I wouldn't go through the effort to clean it all off before working out either..:ohwell:
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The only time I wear makeup to the gym is when I go in the evening and I've had it on all day. It's a waste of time because I'm just going to sweat it off and have mascara running down my face .
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If someone wants to wear so much that it slides down their face with sweat then thats up to them. Its a lot better than strong perfume.

This.
  • samlankford
    Options
    why the hell would you wear make up at the gym?!!! guess you want to break out? lol pop a zit +weight loss!!! hahahaha Only thing i ever put on was light color on my eyebrows, blonde eyebrows look funny when your face turns red/purple... :blushing:
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't put make up on to go to the gym - however I don't take it off before I go to the gym if I have it on from work etc...I don't really think about it too much!

^^this...if i was wearing makeup before I go to the gym, it stays on, but if I wake up on a Saturday morning and hit the gym first thing, I won't put it on, just to go to the gym. It all sweats off anyway..
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I don't understand wearing makeup to the gym, but if you do, as long as you are actually working hard and sweating, who cares. However, if you are sweating and causing it to run and affect your workout, wearing make up is stupid.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I try not to concern myself with what other people do. I really don't take notice if people are wearing makeup or not and I don't care.

I definitely advocate for people expressing themselves in whatever way they choose, inside and outside the gym, whether that means stained sweats or a glitter tracksuit. Seems like a lot of people on mfp get their confidence from their perceived superiority over other people they see at the gym.

Do I wear makeup at the gym? sometimes. If I have some on for the day already I don't wash it off beforehand.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Would i put on make-up to go to the gym? No, i will look like i'm melting by the end, with or without make up on.
    Would i bother taking my make up off, if i go to the gym at the end of my day? No, i don't see the point.
    I took a boot camp class a couple of months ago, it was at 5 PM so right after work for pretty much everyone involved. All the ladies had make-up on. We still worked hard!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessary to take OFF makeup when going to the gym. I usually go right after work, and I'm not going to wipe off the makeup I have on to workout. However, if I am leaving right from home, I don't usually put any on (unless I have a pimple I need to cover up so I'm not thinking about it the whole time). Just my insight.
  • if i wore make up at all i would be in the hosiptal from a puffy red swollen face. I am highly allergic to all types of make up and cant wear it or have it touch any part of my skin.

so wear it just dont touch me.