8 foot wide hips?!?

Options

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/mikel-ruffinelli-worlds-largest-hips_n_2526338.html

Why is this something to be proud of?

At 420 pounds, I find it really hard to believe that she "doesn't have health problems".

Why post something like this?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    hummmmm Whatever make her happy
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    There's a really nice thread that came up today, and I think many of you should read it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/864142-observations-on-body-shaming

Is there some deep spiritual reason why you felt the need to post this? 'Cause I can't think of a reason.
    i thought of mentioning this but decided against it...thanks for posting :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Good for her for loving her body :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    So thats what I will look like if i dont keep exercising...Im scared.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    {insert "people on MFP are so mean" text}

Oh that's only us long time users. We're the ones who pick on all these good-hearted people with our nasty gifs.

The funny part is seeing the same people in this thread that yesterday were telling a very fit woman "Eww I don't want to look like that ever!"

I guess for some people you if you're either to heavy OR too in shape they feel it's their right to mock you for it. Even when they have so much weight they need to lose themselves...
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    this is body shaming....and it's mean....

why even post this?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How many people posting on this thread have been hurt by the things people say about their bodies? Where do we draw the line?
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's my mom. :angry:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    And here come the hall monitors b1tching and complaining about everything as usual. Don't any of you have anything better to do?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just finished the body shaming thread and came here......really?? :angry: \m/
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options

I don't see the OP complaining about insurance :wink:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Now think about if you were in her shoes. How would you feel if people were talking like this about you? Try putting the shoe on the other foot and think about other people's feelings other than your own for a change.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Friggin disgusting and the slideshow at the bottom with the worlds biggest woman marrying a chef are THE WORST. He has her covered with plates of food!! WTF?!?!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I am missing the point of this thread.....is there one O.P.?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

"The weight epidemic is greatly affecting our health insurance" is a totally different statement and sentiment than "OMG GROSS! I'm scared! What is wrong with her!"
  • Ascalzo13
    Options
    All I can say is.....as long is she is happy, she should just keep living the way she wants. It's her life let her enjoy it! :smile:
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    Why would you post something like this? Her size is not affecting your life at all to my knowledge, and if shes happy with her body who cares?
This discussion has been closed.