• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    What do I put on my baked potato?

Mah teeth!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The chives are still good, and the meat and cheese are fine in small quantities. Try to choose butter OR sour cream, not have both. If you're looking to "stuff" it a little try some steamed broccoli, mushrooms, or cauliflower.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Always put plain yogurt and salsa, then add green onion/chives if I've got them. Yum!!!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I do cottage cheese and a little bit of bacon bits.
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sour cream, lots of black pepper, and a little cheese! If I'm ever at a seafood place I use cocktail sauce. You could also get green giant brocolli and cheese and put on top....I think it's only 90 calories a serving!!!
  • LadyAnaid
    LadyAnaid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Another tasty (lo-cal) favorite is horseradish/sauce LOTS of flavor for low calories.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Try honey mustard on your baked potato, it sounds gross but it's good and low cal.. Tastes better than plan mayo or butter/sourcream
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of potato's in general. They're bland and require seasoning to be palatable. Healthy options would be steamed broccoli and some light sour cream. Perhaps a slice of cheese. Or just cubed, roasted so they get extra crispy skin, and some ketchup.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pepper, a little salt and cottage cheese.
    ditto
  • caligurl02
    Options
    Salsa,greek yogurt ,salt pepper and low fat cheese if you cant live without it. Russet potatoes are usually 100cal each.......:smile:
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    sour cream, chives and garlic. Yummers!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bump. Love baked potatoes.
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My favourite is tuna and onions
    I also love it with bologneise :)
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a little bit of cheddar cheese :smile:

+1

I like using the brown cow zero fat, it has the consistency of sour cream and has a similar flavor.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    Just had a baked potato this evening. I tried something new, a Greek yogurt spinach dip, 40 calories in 2 Tablespoons. Delicious.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a baked potato for lunch. Normally I would load it with EVERYTHING, cheese, bacon, ham, sour cream, chives, butter, sauteed onions etc. I do not like plain potatoes at all. What are some healthy (but delicious) alternatives for toppings?

I recently found an article on baked potatoes and toppings. Some ideas:
    1) ground beef with shredded cheese and diced tomatoes.
    2) strips of smoked salmon (this would be a pricey topping!) and chives.
    3) pepperoni, grated mozzerella and parmesan.
    4) sauteed sauage and peppers, topped with the parm.
    5) chili, cheese, and cilantro.
    6) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and sauteed with cumin, tumeric, and garlic, and mixed with Greek yogurt and parsley.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great idea from my former trainer: cottage cheese and salsa. Sounds weird but tastes great!

I've also done "taco" baked potatoes, with taco meat, salsa, sour cream, cilantro
  • Quiltladysews
    Options
    Eat out at Wendy's and get a plain baked potato and put some chili on it. Yum.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Salsa is great and low in calories makes a potato delicious