I'm at a loss and need some help, please!

Options

Replies

• alegna1975
    alegna1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever the eff you want. We don't know what you like. You don't need support to handle this.
    I didn't solicit support. Where is everyone getting that idea from? I posted this in "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games", not the support forum.

I was asking for ideas. Any ideas. Don't worry about what I might like. Just fire away!

Actually you did when your 3rd post on the thread is "I thought this was a place of support". Why would you throw that out there if you weren't looking for support?
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Actually you did when your 3rd post on the thread is "I thought this was a place of support". Why would you throw that out there if you weren't looking for support?
    Humor is dead in the forums. It really is.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're not willing to make sacrifices. Might as well just give up now if that is your attitude.
    Fantastic judgmental attitude! :drinker:

Do you never eat pizza, m'lady? Eating lasagna or pizza one day, and I should just give up? :huh:

Wow. You're a jerk dude. I'm compelled to say it. I don't need to make a judgement call, you put it right out there for everyone to see. I'm feeling plenty sorry for your wife, that's for sure. Yikes. I'm not reading anymore of your comments.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Maybe sushi/sashimi? It's mainly protein and good omega-3 fat.
    Oh! Excellent idea!

And that's what I'm gonna go eat tonight -- actually at a Japanese buffet place! Great selections there but I'd probably stay away from the rice and stick with sashimi, seaweed salad, shrimp and grilled meats.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the amusement for the day it has been fabluous go have a big steak or some fried chicken who cares its your birthday stop being a man and make a decision---why is it men cant make decisions on there own
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    why is it men cant make decisions on there own
    Ha! Exactly what my wife says!
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the amusement for the day it has been fabluous go have a big steak or some fried chicken who cares its your birthday stop being a man and make a decision---why is it men cant make decisions on there own

Bahhahaha!!!
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    why is it men cant make decisions on there own
    Ha! Exactly what my wife says!

I tell my husband that all the time WTF are men just not capable of making choicese I don't get it
  • amandavictoria80
    Options
    I understand that it's hard to justify eating these foods to yourself. I do it all the time.
    Oh, I'm not struggling with justifying anything. I'm struggling with making up my mind. :bigsmile:
    Wow. You're a jerk. I'm feeling plenty sorry for your wife now.
    I'm a jerk?

I clarified that I'm not trying to justify anything, and did no in a courteous manner. You, m'lady, are the one suggesting that if I eat pizza one day, I should just give up.

Yeah, you are.

You posted on a forum asking for suggestions. IT'S A FITNESS/WEIGHT LOSS SITE!!! It's not Facebook or Twitter.
    When someone reads a post like yours, they assume you need suggestions because you don't want to eat those foods for obvious reasons. That's why I suggested you don't want to sacrifice.

You did not do so in any courteous manner, to anyone you tried to help you. And saying "m'lady" is rude actually.
  • dmchiz
    Options

And this is why I get in trouble all the time on Facebook - too hard to tell sarcasm, voice intonation, inflexions etc over a typed message!!!! lol
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    She probably says that because she just wants you to pick something and go with it....In the end only you know what you are going to eat and how much of it...
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're not willing to make sacrifices. Might as well just give up now if that is your attitude.

Do you never eat pizza, m'lady? Eating lasagna or pizza one day, and I should just give up? :huh:

Wow. You're a jerk dude. I'm compelled to say it. I don't need to make a judgement call, you put it right out there for everyone to see. I'm feeling plenty sorry for your wife, that's for sure. Yikes. I'm not reading anymore of your comments.
    It amazes me how some folks get so wrapped up in the what is "healthy" that they cease to live and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. One day of not tracking and eating something you normally don't will not kill you, ruin everything that you've done, or make your efforts any less serious.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    She probably says that because she just wants you to pick something and go with it....In the end only you know what you are going to eat and how much of it...
    But, why the anger and frustration? It amazes me. It really does.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Do folks that ask for ideas about clothing and such get crucified like this too?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Humor is not dead in the forums. You're just really bad at it.
  • amandavictoria80
    Options

It amazes me how some folks get so wrapped up in the what is "healthy" that they cease to live and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. One day of not tracking and eating something you normally don't will not kill you, ruin everything that you've done, or make your efforts any less serious.

Uh, I don't track anything I eat. You don't even know me. Don't you dare assume how I live. It's a 'health' site.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Well played. Well played.
  • dmchiz
    Options

hence what I said earlier!!! I think there are people who look at all of this very differently and have different approaches and maybe didn't understand your original post but Im still not sure why everyone's got their panties in a bunch...
  • amandavictoria80
    Options

lol :) Yes!
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    With whatever you do decide, don't forget to have a birthday drink. I vote for red wine!