Options

Replies

• Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Trying to hide my belly to look better in clothes

Trying to always cover up with a beach towel at the beach

Getting out of breath from walking up the stairs

Not being able to run around on the playground the whole time with my babysitting child
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    - Shopping sucks, if you have any sense of style.
    - Back and knee problems from years of toting too much weight around.
    - Not being able to do activities I once did and having physical limitations too soon.
    - Feeling invisible sometimes, when people seem to look through me.
    - Watching my marriage fall apart when my ex couldn't stand my "fatness".
    - Not being a better role model for my kids.
    - Shame from letting myself get here, when I was fit the first half of my life.
    - Having a potential BF tell me I'd be the perfect woman "if I just lost weight".

To the OP: I had the same problem 3yrs ago. I ditch the friend and quit going to clubs. Got tired of men pushing me aside to get to her, when she was batsh*t crazy and only looking for a paycheck. ::rolls eyes::

I so relate to ALL of this... Very well said!!! So sad how much people are judged by their outward appearance...
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Being constantly overlooked. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not fat, I'm invisible. I couldn't get a guys attention if I ran down the street in flames with a pack of wild dogs chasing me.

Ain't that the truth!!!
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What do I hate about being fat? Well, let's see, what don't I hate? So it begins ~ Having to shop in the Big Girl stores, the way my fat hangs over my bra strap and always feels poked by the underwire, the way I feel about not being able to wear sleeveless shirts because of my fat arms, worrying about whether or not I will fit in a certain chair, worrying about not being able to connect my seatbelt on an airplane, not participating in activities because I can't keep up, the way I get looked at, the lack of energy, the unhealthy numbers of my blood pressure, blood sugar, and the scale, lack of confidence, my thighs rubbing together, having to pay more money for clothes, not being able to buy the "cute" clothes, reminding everyone when they take a picture of me that it's waist up only, having to stay covered up at the beach, being self conscious, worrying that my kids will be fat like me, worried that I'm not desireable to my wonderful husband, avoiding amusement parks, afraid to try new things..... Isn't that enough?

You would think that with a list like that I would have been motivated enough over the years to get it right, but I haven't and it makes me sad to realize the lost time and memories because of my weight... I'm sad for all the frustration and the give ups that I had, the depression, the loneliness, the settling... But I am determined now to get it straight. I am almost 47 yrs old and it's time to get it right. I want to live my life with my new husband and future grandchildren for the next 40-50 yrs and be healthy and active while I'm at it.

So, my thinking is, stop hating and get to losing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can relate to everything you've just listed there.

I always panic when i go on aeroplane that ill need the seatbelt extension, which then puts me off wanting to go abroad on holiday. And i used to LOVE theme parks. Now the very thought of one makes me feel ill.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Stranger: "When are you due?" or "Are you having a boy or a girl?"

Me: "Oh, I'm not pregnant!"

Stranger: "So you just had a baby?"

The conversation turns from awkward to REALLY awkward pretty quick. As I've been losing weight I've been getting asked more frequently - WTF! So now I end the conversation with "My husband & I don't want to have kids. It''s just residual fat from last year."

^^^^ THIS! I LOATHE being asked if pregnant! It happened to me A LOT before I ever even had children. And mainly from other women!! WTF? It happened a few times in between my 2 children. Funny enough, it has only happened like once since I had my 2nd child. Maybe I look older now and people just assume I've already had kids and that is what it is from?

I also hate clothes shopping. I was once a very skinny teenager and am only 5'1". So I still have a "petite" frame, but a big gut, chest is somewhat large-ish (kids did horrible things to the girls, lol!), and I've always had a large rear-end (years of dancing). Tops are frustrating because in order to fit over or hide the gut, the shoulders and chest area are much too big, but a top that should fit me is hugging all the wrong places. Empire waists just make me look preggo. Pants are too tight in my normal size on some designers, but when I go up a size they are too baggy around my thighs and butt and always, always are too long.

And when I used to go out, I hated looking at the pictures from our girls night outs and seeing my pudgy self next to my skinny, tall, beautiful friends who also constantly getting hit on and drinks bought for them. Once I even got laughed at by a VIP bouncer because he thought it was insane that I was included with the girls sitting in there. That one made me cry.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Not feeling like I am attractive for my husband anymore. He deserves the "healthy" girl he married. He is so sweet about it but I know he would like that person back too. I got me to the place where I am and I will get me back to the place where I was. Even having only lost 21 lbs I am more confident in myself I feel better about myself and he says that shows and makes me more beautiful.
  • cprough
    cprough Posts: 40
    Options
    :frown:
    My husband will tell me to buy a new out fit and I come home with nothing.:frown: :frown: :frown:
    Not having fun shopping because none of the clothes fit like I think they should
  • Bee_629
    Bee_629 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    General ill-fitting clothes...I'm super short so it gets even harder to shop in the Petites sections.

dealing with my skinny friends is huge. They don't seem to get that their "fat day" complaints are nothing compared to my fat years and that they really have nothing to complain about in retrospect. And going to the bar with them is ridiculous when I'm constantly brushed aside as the "fat friend".

also I just wish one pair of decent jeans would last longer than 3 months!!

oh and boots season....I adore boots but finding them for my larger calves? impossible.
  • plumgardenia
    plumgardenia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Have you ever tried Maurices?
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    back fat,...tummy pudge.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    The huge boobs it gave me that will inevitably shrink with weight loss. I've had a taste of the good life, now. :grumble:
  • sgtdub555
    sgtdub555 Posts: 692
    Options
    everything!!
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Always being the 5th wheel, always the wing woman, I've gotten to the point I don't even try to flirt with guys anymore because I figure I don't have a snowballs chance in hell.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Always being the 5th wheel, always the wing woman, I've gotten to the point I don't even try to flirt with guys anymore because I figure I don't have a snowballs chance in hell.

We all have a chance..no matter the size!! I plan to stay positive no matter what.
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    no definition.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Not being able to wear the clothes I want to wear.
  • skinnyashata
    Options
    I hate not being able to wear clothes that I want.
    I hate feeling like my boyfriend doesn't find me attractive.
    I hate my stomach.
    I hate that I have a bad knee at 23.
    I hate that I'm unhealthy.
  • skinnyashata
    Options
    I hate not feeling desirable. ):

Even when guys ARE checking me out, I don't recognize it because I think there's nothing worth checking out. And that's irritating.

I'll second that one! I hate feeling so down on myself when I know that I'm better than that. Trying to get healthy body AND mind wise so I can recognize that I am a person of worth and dammit - a guy should be lucky to have me! :happy:

This!

I'll third it!
  • caroalec
    caroalec Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lack of confidence
  • therealsuperbigrob
    therealsuperbigrob Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    wearing 4 x shirts. 46 pants and having bigger boobs than most women. Damn it I want pecs not tits. Trust me gals buying fat guy stuff is just as tuff. Aint many options in normal stores. They make special fat guy stores. they dont hide the name to be all cute they call it casual male XL. Aint nothing casual about walking in a place like that. Trust me most guys dont know what Lane Bryant is. I sure wouldnt if my wife was not the beautiful woman she is. Just saying I feel your pain. Everyday I feel it.