Most hurtful comments

Options

Replies

• SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    he kindly let me know that the buffets were open til midnight

That's the kind of moment I'd like to make a sarcastic comment like, "Well, somebody knows that latenight schedule well..."
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    This isn't bad compared to yours, OP, but years ago when I was probably 30 pounds slimmer than now, I told my chiropractor that the move he was trying to do was hurting my ribs, and he said "most of the fat girls don't complain about their ribs."

I haven't seen him except in passing since.
  • irishkittie
    irishkittie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be overweight than a pos.

I wish there was a "like" button for this comment.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Some people are A***holes and should mind their own goddamn business and worry about themselves. I hate it when other people put others down to bring themselves up.

I am really sorry you had to go through that!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    When I hit puberty, my family became quite mean about my weight. They would make a noise as I crossed the living room "boom bapppa booom bappa boom" to mean that I made huge elephant steps. I mentioned it to my Mom years later, and she hardly even remembered it, She recalls that she was concerned about my weight because she also put on quite a bit when she hit puberty, and because her mother was also overweight at the time. As kids, we made jokes about our grandmother being like a manatee or a whale. I feel awful about it, and ashamed that we weren't taught to be kinder.

I know what you mean. My Mom was always being mean about how big I was growing up, too. One time, her and my cousin were doing dishes, and I was cleaning off the table. She turned to me and asked me to go get something for her. When I came back, I told her I couldn't find it, and she said, "yeah, the only thing you can find is food!" That one really hurt, obviously since I still remember her exact words almost 30 years later. She had always been pretty thin when I was growing up...now the tables have turned, and I hate to admit it, but it kind of feels good! :wink: :tongue:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    he kindly let me know that the buffets were open til midnight

That's the kind of moment I'd like to make a sarcastic comment like, "Well, somebody knows that latenight schedule well..."
    Got some fava beans and a nice chianti? Just to make um think...
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's sad and pathetic that people feel they have the right to shame and belittle others. Do people not stop to think at all anymore? It's not okay to discriminate in any situation but no one would get away with making racist or sexist comments these days. Body size however is fair game evidently! It's pathetic. How would he feel if it was his wife, his son, his daughter, mother or father that was spoken to in this manner? Honestly! I feel sorry for him. Body sizes can go up or down but ignorant *kitten* will never change.
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    0P ...You shouldn't have to waste the energy doing the following but you will enjoy it

A) good kick to the nuts
    B) cuff up the side of the head
    C) extend middle finder (either hand or both ok)
    D) the most important part.... SMILE.... as you leave!
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It is truly sad that people are so mean. Stuff like this used to make me wanna cut a *****. LOL. Still does.

However, I try to have compassion for people like this. Bullies are usually sad, angry and abused people. They learned to be awful as a response to being mistreated by someone. Seriously. Imagine how broken you would have to be to speak so unkindly to another person.

So, when I am hurt by someone, I pray for them. Its something I learned in recovery. Having compassion for people who are so small minded and mean spirited can be very healing.

So next time some douschbag feels the need to share some of their misery with you, try praying that they are blessed.

If that doesn’t work….

CUT A *****.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, the boys would call me mean names because I was so flat chested.

Fast forward several years, and two kids later, and I have to admit, the "girls" really grew on me, if ya know what I mean. And all WITHOUT surgery.

I went back home and saw some of those boys a couple years ago.

Needless to say, it took a mop and a bucket to wipe the drool off the floor.

Heh, heh, heh.
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Aw. everyone's replies make me so sad! People can be so needlessly cruel, especially when there's so much other suffering in this world.

I still think about the time in middle school, a popular boy turned around and said to me "You're fat. You think you're skinny but your not -- really, you're fat." ... and turned back around ... for no reason. Kids can be so mean!

Actually the worst things ever have been from my older brother who pretty much tormented me my entire childhood about my weight. And comments from my mom ... both completely damaged my self-esteem.

I am lucky to not have any rude comments made to me as an adult, I think I would get really mean!!
  • 98by2014
    98by2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I was like, 10, maybe? somebody was walking behind me whilst I was walking home and a few of her friends joined her. Suddenly, one of them goes "who's your new friend, amber?" referring to me as the ""friend"" and she goes 'i don't know, but i do know who ate all the pies'. I went home and cried but got over it quickly.

Two years later, I saw that b walking down the street with a freaking huge baby bump and wearing school uniform meaning she was only about 14/15 years old. It's like, I can lose this weight but you'll always have a baby now. Since then things haven't affected me as much.
  • mwalker73
    Options
    People often open their mouths without thinking, or they justify their comments by telling themselves they are "helping" you. My own mother (who struggled with her weight) would show me pictures of her much younger and slimmer and tell me how being fat was making me unattractive. She nicknamed me "tubby" and used to roll her eyes at the sizes I'd need for school clothes.

More appalling than any of that are people who feel they can ask you personal questions or make comments without concern for your feelings. A few months after adopting our children, a family member remarked that she was going to be the first to have two children in the family. I noted that I already had two children, to which it was implied that they didn't really count.
  • annakommers
    annakommers Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    a guy once broke up with me by saying i had "more rolls than a hovis factory"
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just be lucky that you don't have to know those people. They must be an awful to live with. And the person who watched you eat at the smorgesbord--that was none of his business! Don't waste another minute thinking about those evil, hateful people. Also, that is so sweet that you save food for the homeless animals.
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Some people are just *kitten*. You should feel good about yourself and what you do is your business, no one elses. Just being here tells me that you are proud enough of yourself to want to attempt a change. We all will have setbacks at times. A true warrior will accept setbacks and go forward. Remember "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
  • littlebre33
    Options
    I don't know what has happened to the people in society these days. I find people forget that words are far more hurtful than any action - a physical cut will heal, but an emotional one will never! Yesterday I went to the doctor to get my 4 months old his immunization and happened to weigh myself. I found out in the last 2 weeks I had lost 3lbs so I went and told that to my boyfriend. He responded "way to go, fatty". My boyfriend has never been overweight in his life, and I find sometimes people forget that when you say stuff like to someone that it hurts, even though we may smile and chuckle to mask it. Keep going!!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I've had some random insults thrown at me from guys, too. A couple of times, it was from a moving vehicle so there is no chance of actual interaction with the *kitten*. But when someone has the brass to address me and they remain within earshot, they typically find out too late that they are in way over their heads.

Jerk guy surrounded by male friends: "Hey fat girl!"
    Me over my shoulder as I keep walking: "And you're here dateless, imagine my surprise."
    Jerk guy's friends: *point at him and laugh like a pack of deranged hyenas*

Keep your head held high, and know that some people are douche canoes, but there are plenty of good people out there... and what they say to you says way more about them than it ever could about you.
  • annpatrin
    Options
    This one was said out of anger (not even directed at me) a future in law referred to me as fatty along with a few other choice words. I had finally had enough of her and her attitude. I replied "I may be fat but remember this, I can lose the weight....you'll still be an ugly person inside." It was the best feeling ever to have finally stood up for myself.

The only thing you can do is to keep your chin up, most of the people making horrible comments are really insecure themselves, bringing down others makes them feel better about themselves.
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    Yes, I had guys that dated me even call me fat after we break up or stop talking. It's like then why were you dating me? You certainly weren't complaining at that time! lol I had a guy call me fatty and then a few months later call me. Obviously I can hold a grudge and just ignored him.