Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Now that is hilarious!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    That most of the people I knew, co-workers, workout buddies, lunch time friends, guy friends, boyfriends and college acquaintances would all desert me when I got sick. That none of them were actually true friends and would stop calling as soon as I could not book a workout date, booty call, lunch date, or etcetera with them.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread.
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not about me, but my daughter threw away her Blow Pop yesterday because it had gum in it! LOL
  • sariannach
    Options
    Before I learned to drive, but after I realized that the car had two pedals (yes, I'm in the U.S. and have only known automatic cars in my lifetime, shh), I thought people used both feet to drive. Couldn't quite figure out how people balanced doing that though!! ...Dad set me straight when I got my permit. Heh.

Also, a conversation I had when setting up my portable clothes dryer's vent hose to a window-insert so it'd vent outside:
    me: "Ugh, this [vent hose] isn't staying on right. Do you have tape or something? They should make stuff for this..."
    friend: "They do. It's called duct tape."
    me: *facepalm*
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Slugs (the bullets that been fired) are called slugs because they shell is gone

Mind. Blown.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I sang the national anthem as "star strangled banner" and " nuns bursting in air" ...yeah.

Also, I was so surprised in high school when I learned that Christopher Robin s not a girl.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    One I learnt a few years back that astounded me was that sweet mince pies (the kind you get at christmas) don't actually have meat in them. I always thought the idea of minced beef and fruit together was gross so never tried them...until I was told its actually 'sweet mince meat' which is basically fruit.
    I also thought money laundering is where you accidently leave cash in clothes when you wash them...oh and that the black market was a market in Germany until my second year of university (shameful for a criminology graduate)

Wait, those pies are fruit and not meat?? *facepalm*
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

Awe, SON.OF.A . . . . MAN!!!! ^^^^ That right there totally trumped what I was going to post. I feel like an *kitten*.

On a related note: Have you ever seen the "Pachelbell Rant" Youtube video? Same idea but really funny...

Yes!! so funny. I notice it all the time now!
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My son kept saying he had to "drop a deuce"....I had no idea what that meant for the longest time!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use to say 'second whim' instead of 'second wind'. I think I got this right.
    I used to say 'out of the frying pan and into the fryer' no one ever corrected me, so now I just say it fast so no one notices.

Also I still don't now what NSV means on this website, enlighten me.

At work I have some friends that use idioms incorrectly or use different words in places for example.
    Coming in thick and thin
    So many hoops you have to go over
    A problem halted is a problem solved
    Rise to your level
    Push comes to the shove.
    Feel free to add some more they make me laugh.

And here's a free fact for you today
    An octopus has 3 hearts

Have a good day all
    Ben :-)
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Slugs (the bullets that been fired) are called slugs because they shell is gone
    Wow! Who knew!? lol
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    On Captain Kangaroo (yes, I'm old!), Dancing bear was just Mr. Greenjeans in drag. :(
  • Schaffer83
    Options
    That New Zealand is NOT in the Netherlands and is down by Australia.
  • starryfruit
    Options
    ( My 14 year old brother) -->That silhouette was pronounced sil-oh-et and not sil-howt :laugh: :laugh:
  • IvanDimitrov
    Options
    When i was 13 my parents told me Santa is not real and i should stop writing him letters because im a big boy now.
    Felt so stupid when i learn they were lying to me.I mean, come on, Santa is not real ?. Whats next, storks doesn't bring babies ? LoL
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    It took me 2 weeks to figure out how to switch the water from the bath to shower in my new apartment :tongue:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    That baby carrots are not actually tiny carrots. They're shapely pieces cut & skinned (via machine) from large carrots.

Oh, and my first time at a Mexican restaurant, I asked for "jalapenos" pronouncing it "Jala-peeno"
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I found out it is illegal to drive with a few inches of snow on top of your car.. or to drive through a puddle and splash a pedestrian! Haven't done either of those things personally, but didn't realise you could get points on your license and a fine for doing them!!
  • devorekatie
    devorekatie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Whenever I went to Taco Bell I always asked for a quesadilla. Not knowing I was saying it wrong.
    I was pronouncing it QUES-AH-DILLA instead of CASE-AH-DEEA.
    It's a good thing I found out how to say it, because I work at Taco Bell now. Haha :ohwell: