Replies

• tm4mulator
    tm4mulator Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am here...talk to me.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Turned forty a few months ago in the midst of my weight loss journey. Good luck and I hope you have as much (or more) success as me.
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Does it count if I just turned 40 four months ago? I could still send out a lot of encouragement your way :happy:
  • GenieB100
    GenieB100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and holding lol. I am fairly new to the sight but have been on this journey for two years now. I have plenty of set backs but I keep getting up and going. I started at over 400 lbs YIKES!! how did that happen? One bite at a time :/
    I am always looking to find people that knows what I am going thru an would love to join cheering on each other. I'm a single mom of two great kids (most of the time they are lol) 18-21 man where did that time go?
    Anyway would love to hook up with some more people and go thru this together
  • DutchFrancis
    DutchFrancis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45, mother of an almost 18 year old son and on the way of losing 40.5 kg (almost 90 lbs).
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will be (gulp) 46 next month. I have 7 and 9 year sons. And I have (double gulp) 130 pounds to lose. How does that happen?! :)
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and mother to 5. I have lost all my weight with MFP, couldn't recommend it more!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi there, wow there are a lot of 40 somethings out there. lol. Well add me to the mix, I'm 46 & have at least 80lbs to lose. I joined MFP a few years ago but never used it until this week so I'm still new to this. Best of luck to you all.
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm about to be 42 (in 12 days), and I'm really looking forward to it. Call me crazy, but I'm a Douglas Adams/Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan, and I plan on being the answer every day for a year. And I'm going to let people know it. Heh.

I also have about 70 pounds to lose. I had made some lifestyle changes last year and was doing okay, but then I got really depressed in November and stopped caring. I ate fast food like 6 times a week, and drank waaaaaaay too much high carb good beer (Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale to be exact). I gained 17 pounds in about 9 weeks. So here I am, recovering and trying again. Now I know I need a plan for the holidays. Hopefully I'll take off enough weight before next year that falling in that hole won't be quite so tempting.

Anyway, probably more than you asked for, but I'm new (just been on here a week) and I need friends. Please feel free to friend me, whoever you are. A very nice lady who is a definite inspiration friended me immediately, and I really appreciate that, and it has helped keep me focused. I'm super-positive and leave comments, so if you need friends too, let's do it!
  • cguerra72
    Options
    HI there! Im a newby here. Just started last Sunday and happy to say Ive already lost 2 lbs. Looking forward in meeting new people to help me get motivated & vice versa. I have 10 lbs to lose. ive tried so many diets and diet pills and have never achieved my goals. ENOUGH OF THAT!!!... I wanna continue losing weight the right way. Please add me...FEELING WONDERFUL,BABY!!!
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "I will be (gulp) 46 next month. I have 7 and 9 year sons. And I have (double gulp) 130 pounds to lose. How does that happen?! :)"

Carbs, man. They are the enemy after 40. Me & carbs have a love- hate relationship. I love them, but they want to kill me, so we don't hang too much anymore. :wink:
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Im 47 and would love to add you:)
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    OMG!! I'm only in my 40's for another 8 and a bit months .... that's scary!!:frown:
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44, married and the mother of 23 and 21 year old boys. I've lost 10 pounds and want to lose 10 more.
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    41 tomorrow here!

Happy Birthday! :drinker:
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    41 years old here, just joined. I have 60-70 more pounds to lose. I have lost 40 pounds before joining here.
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, 44 here! Lost 62lbs, reached my goal and maintaining ever since, add me if you'd like!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. You can add me!:flowerforyou:
  • Clarkjoy
    Options
    I'll be 48 on Wednesday. I just joined to day. I have a friend who has lost 46 pounds since May using myfitnesspal. I'm working toward the same success. I've got about 65 pounds to loose.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Of course there are. 46 here and kicking major *kitten*.