Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

1789101113»

Replies

• Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Since I never wear makeup, I never wondered if it was appropriate or not to wear any to the gym. The one thing I can't do without (gym or not) though is lip balm. If I don't have that on (especially while in the gym), I get paranoid and start imagining my lips cracking away and bleeding.
  • If I was wearing make up already, I wouldn't take it off to go to the gym. If I wasn't wearing any and I was going to the gym, I'd put on mascara. I don't really go anywhere without mascara :laugh:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    I've found that I can't get a proper pump if I don't have my face on. I've even got the timing figured out so that I can freshen up what I've sweated off between sets....*nods* true story...
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    People will hate you for wearing make up.

People will hate you for not bothering.

People will hate you for training.

People will hate you for not training.

Long and short? Do what you see fit. Life is too short to worry about what others think with such a minor thing, such as make up.
    ^^^^THIS!
  • Me putting on make up before going to the gym?

tumblr_ma3xc4uVYO1r3l66z.gif
  • Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    My problem is i have permanent make up so it will always look like i got ready (its awesome) but the girls that are constantly fiddling with it in the mirrors are annoying
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    I don't put make up on to go to the gym - however I don't take it off before I go to the gym if I have it on from work etc...I don't really think about it too much!

This.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Me putting on make up before going to the gym?

tumblr_ma3xc4uVYO1r3l66z.gif

LMAO! Love her!
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    I wear a bit - tinted moisturiser, bit of concealer if my skins not it's best, some mascara and some blush (I don't seem to get very red or pink when I work out, I'll be dripping in sweat but still be ghostly white - nice circulation I know haha).

I don't care whether people wear makeup or not to the gym, doesn't affect me. Although I find it odd, and I've seen a few woman do this at my gym, they put on makeup for the workout. Like, they come in with none on, put it on, and then take it off to go home!
    I guess maybe they have a hot personal trainer ;)

xx
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    I wear make up pretty much everywhere I go... When I usually workout it's in the evening unless I'm working out with my PT. If it's in the morning I don't wear make up but in the evenings I already have it on so I go to the gym with it on. I feel pretty without it but rather to have it on then not. lol .... I Just like to look the very best that I can. BOY does that sound vain? lol
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    What's on someone's face is none of my business. If someone wants to wear makeup to the gym, that's fine with me. I found it silly that people have such an issue over it. Focus on self improvement and getting a good sweat/burn and not on the other patrons, that's what you're there for! Myself, I usually wear a tinted moisturizer and mascara, but I often do a light grocery shop before or after my workout or run other errands, and I'm not comfortable without a little bit of something on my face.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I don't wear makeup because I sweat profusely when I work out, and it will all come off anyway!
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Personally I dnt wear make up to the gym because I sweat like crazy and it will end up running looking a mess... I'm too very big on make up but that's one place I dnt...
  • If I work out before work, the only make up I have on is traces of eyeliner from the previous day.