If you drink or eat this....

Options

Replies

• nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If man made it, don't eat it....

^ THIS ^ :drinker: key word: MADE. (in a laboratory may I add??)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to add to this is...... :grumble: Before you post a new topic please go to the search and plug in the topic. So far there are 50 pages of this info with all the same type of postings.

Maybe people on here get tired of the same old things being posted ? Please use the search function people both ways before you post or if you want to find out something. Your answer may be already there.

you are right. I should have done that. Sorry. Thanks
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

I will continue to drink my diet pepsi... I dare someone to try and take it away and watch what happens.
  • LaSutopia
    Options

And to those who are advocates of diet soda, would you give it to your baby? And if not, why not?

Oh c'mon!

I like beer too, I wouldn't give that to a baby. Doesn't make it poison.

Some of us don't like to cut things out of our diets that we enjoy if we don't have to. And saying that something is lethal, when it's not, is just fear mongering. Don't act like "I don't know why people are making a big deal of this."

It's the equivalent to yelling fire in a rather crowded theater. You're telling people that something the majority of us ingest on a regular basis can kill us. It's a big claim. Big claims need to be backed up and supported with evidence. Not just posted and followed up by "hey whatever man, your funeral."

actually alcohol is poison...you wanna tell my mother (that I never really knew) who died from cirrhosis of the liver from drinking to much from the age of 13 to 34...and yes the dr's and science said that was the cause of her cirrhosis, that it is not bad for you?...YES...moderation is everything and having a glass of wine HAS been shown to have positive effects on you...and your casual beer drinking may not harm you noticeably but your liver is having to process something that it was not made to and that is just the truth...but that is the same truth with any medication we injest and a host of other things...I wil not stop taking my OTC meds just like you will not stop having your beer...but we can be responsible and informed . No you probably wont die from it and if you like it then that is your right. sounds like you are responsible about it but it's not my business what YOU do....I can however put the information out there for you to do with it what you want....

But 20 people have put the information out there for us to do with what we want. You just wanted to be the harbinger of material we've already seen dozens of times before and have your name as the author of an overdone thread. It's called doing a search.

wow. Really? you know me so well.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    *Facepalm*

There is no good scientific evidence that aspartame is harmful to healthy individuals. Period. There is however, LOTS of bad evidence.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's the laboratory that makes things bad... laboratories are instigators of evil.
  • nikbolok
    Options
    I found something online about how upper middle-class housewives have an affinity for working-class domestic workers.

And a surprising number of pizza deliverymen who travel with camera crews.

ha! love it! where's their pizzas??
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Nope, no soda period. This is a clean eating non GMO and organic household.

And you realize that whey you consume has acesulfame potassium and sucralose right?

Oh boy. And those are artificial ingredients, right?
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    actually alcohol is poison...you wanna tell my mother (that I never really knew) who died from cirrhosis of the liver from drinking to much from the age of 13 to 34...and yes the dr's and science said that was the cause of her cirrhosis, that it is not bad for you?...YES...moderation is everything and having a glass of wine HAS been shown to have positive effects on you...and your casual beer drinking may not harm you noticeably but your liver is having to process something that it was not made to and that is just the truth...but that is the same truth with any medication we injest and a host of other things...I wil not stop taking my OTC meds just like you will not stop having your beer...but we can be responsible and informed . No you probably wont die from it and if you like it then that is your right. sounds like you are responsible about it but it's not my business what YOU do....I can however put the information out there for you to do with it what you want....

The information you put out is false and intentionally misleading. Making it not information at all, but lies and fear mongering. People can not make educated choices if they're being told bad information.

That's where people like myself and others come in to refute what you've said. You may not like it, it may hurt your feelings, but it's important that people know the truth.

there are always people like you that will refute ANYTHING.Just because someone refutes it does not make it wrong...and just because I post information I find does not make it right...I believe it is bad and that is all there is to it...There is all kinds of info out there that supports both sides....you obviously agree with the side that thinks it is safe and ok to drink...More power to you. I do not....you gonna bash me some more for my beliefs now? you gonna keep telling me how wrong you think I am when you OBVIOUSLY don't like it that I said you might be wrong....
  • nikbolok
    Options

Yeah, it's the laboratory that makes things bad... laboratories are instigators of evil.

Well it's actually the scientists who are genetically manipulating your foods and beverages IN the above mentioned laboratory, LOL. GMO, anyone?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    and just because I post information I find does not make it right...

*slow clap*

Stop while you're ahead.
  • brower47
    Options

Well it's actually the scientists who are genetically manipulating your foods and beverages IN the above mentioned laboratory, LOL. GMO, anyone?

Oh, those mad, mad scientists with their bubbly beakers and bunsen burners.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Ive been telling this to my friends and family for so many years. It took some time for me to narrow down what was making me so sick and i finally figured its aspartame as well as other synthetic sugars. But aspartame is definitely the worst. Its straight up poison.

Im sorry that happened...Thanks for posting...I imagine you are about to get mocked and made fun etc for believing that this stuff is bad. Even when it happened to you...:( sorry

She won't get mocked or made fun of. She had a personal experience and made a personal choice. If you came on here and said you've chosen to cut aspartamine from your diet, no one would have mocked you. But when you come in preachy and holier than thou/fear mongering attitude, people will ask you to get off your high horse. To each their own.

Im sorry if it seemed that way to you...I was not preaching not fear mongering...I just shared an article that I found. No need to get all upset, I am not judging anyone...I don't care personally what you decide to do in your own life..it is your life...so get off my case.

Not fearmongering? The title of your thread is "IF you drink or eat this..." and then in the first line had the statement "sometimes fatal". Seriously, if that is not fear mongering, I really don't know what is. I'll get off your case when you stop spouting nonsense.

The title was ment to get your attention....which it did.....and just because you don't like a fact or it scares you does not mean the person giving you the fact is fear mongering....Do you call everyone that tells you something is or may be dangerous or fatal fear mongers....I think you all protest to much...
  • Mizzpeace
    Mizzpeace Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share this. I'm sure there are some that will benefit from this information. I actually ran across this about a year ago and I've made the decision not to partake of Splenda. This was mainly due to a lot of the side effects that I actually experienced.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Sometimes... I just really want a diet coke.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    TL;DR

I will continue to drink my diet pepsi... I dare someone to try and take it away and watch what happens.

at this point I would rather let you keep it and watch what happens....seems we need more research on the topic.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Monsanto is the root of all evil.
    Perhaps we can all agree to disagree.
  • brower47
    Options
    Ive been telling this to my friends and family for so many years. It took some time for me to narrow down what was making me so sick and i finally figured its aspartame as well as other synthetic sugars. But aspartame is definitely the worst. Its straight up poison.

Im sorry that happened...Thanks for posting...I imagine you are about to get mocked and made fun etc for believing that this stuff is bad. Even when it happened to you...:( sorry

She won't get mocked or made fun of. She had a personal experience and made a personal choice. If you came on here and said you've chosen to cut aspartamine from your diet, no one would have mocked you. But when you come in preachy and holier than thou/fear mongering attitude, people will ask you to get off your high horse. To each their own.

Im sorry if it seemed that way to you...I was not preaching not fear mongering...I just shared an article that I found. No need to get all upset, I am not judging anyone...I don't care personally what you decide to do in your own life..it is your life...so get off my case.

Not fearmongering? The title of your thread is "IF you drink or eat this..." and then in the first line had the statement "sometimes fatal". Seriously, if that is not fear mongering, I really don't know what is. I'll get off your case when you stop spouting nonsense.

The title was ment to get your attention....which it did.....and just because you don't like a fact or it scares you does not mean the person giving you the fact is fear mongering....Do you call everyone that tells you something is or may be dangerous or fatal fear mongers....I think you all protest to much...

When they present "facts" from debunked information, yes, I would call them fear mongerers.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    there are always people like you that will refute ANYTHING.Just because someone refutes it does not make it wrong...and just because I post information I find does not make it right...I believe it is bad and that is all there is to it...There is all kinds of info out there that supports both sides....you obviously agree with the side that thinks it is safe and ok to drink...More power to you. I do not....you gonna bash me some more for my beliefs now? you gonna keep telling me how wrong you think I am when you OBVIOUSLY don't like it that I said you might be wrong....

This is not a "whatever you believe is true for you" situation. You posted black and white statements about the dangers of aspartame. They're true or they aren't.

This is not a religious or political choice.. I'm not bashing you. Aspartame being lethal to human beings is not a "belief". It is or it isn't.

You are free to call anything I've said wrong at any time. But back it up as I and others in this thread have done with hard evidence. Not your unspecified feelings on the matter.
  • nikbolok
    Options

Oh, those mad, mad scientists with their bubbly beakers and bunsen burners.

I love Bunsen and Beaker!