What do you refuse to take out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Alchohol.

I am so bad, I don't even log it.

Same here. I don't drink during the week at all, but have wine on the weekend, and don't log during that time. Lol.

Life is for enjoying!

Also, I refuse to give up cheese. But I keep it within my calorie limit.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Food.

And wine. All the the wine. It's mine. Get your grubby paws off of it. I'm not kidding.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What is the one food or treat you refuse to give up?

None. I "give up" no food.
    How do you control the amount of that item that you eat?

Calorie counting and planning
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nothing is completely off the table, its just that most things I no longer want once I read the label.
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just do portion control..I have a sugary treat once a week and a cheat meal once a week the rest of the week I eat super healthy lower calorie. It works for me I am already down 8 lbs. I do try to have the cheat meal and desserts earlier in the day though not at night before bed so I have a higher chance of burning it off.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Everything.
    I don't give anything up.
    Eat ALL the foods! In moderation.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    White pizza with plenty of garlic, broccoli, tomato, and ricotta. Only once a month. Every couple of months I get my other favorite: pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni. yummy!

I have a short list of foods I will never eat again: pop-tarts and fruit snacks.

Everything else is allowed in moderation and in reasonable portions.
  • Kmacavery
    Kmacavery Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    beer!! My boyfriend and I are home-brewers and beer is (oddly enough) a huge part of our relationship. We like to try new beer pretty frequently. I hate to drink my calories, and I refuse to drink bud light or any of those other "light" beers. I drink beer because I love it and because I think it is delicious. Anyway, he and I try to share, whenever possible. Or if it is a beer I just HAVE to have all to myself, I'll make allowances for it in my meal by not having bread or something.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Lattes, both from home and from Starbucks. You can pry them from my cold, dead hands.

How do I fit it in? Plan for it. Drink a smaller size. Use less sweet stuff in it.

I love lattes too! I get a skinny vanilla latte sometimes. Yum. I've been trying to swap to skinny cappuccinos as they have far fewer calories in them.

Actually, the one thing I can't give up is coffee! I don't drink masses of it, but I have it strong. My personal trainer says I need to cut down on caffeine. Well, i've managed to lose weight for the past 18 months drinking lots of coffee! Plus he doesn't have 2 small kids who still wake in the night....
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nothing is completely off the table, its just that most things I no longer want once I read the label.

That helps me alot when I am at the store..I see whats in the label and how many calories it is and wonder if its worth it.90 percent of the time I put it down :)
  • LongLiveJen
    LongLiveJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's not a "food" per se but....my Starbuck's Mocha Frappuccino every morning! We have a date that even my hubby can't satisfy!:love:

I've got to have my morning mocha fix too! It's part of the morning ritual.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Beer. I only drink on the weekends and try to keep my food calories where they are normally.
    Same. Even had a converstation with my trainer when I started. I blurted out "I'm not giving up my beer" in one of our first sessions, hardly knew the poor guy. He said I didn't have to and I haven't, just cut back to weekends only (most of the time). Over 100 pounds less, I guess he was right that I didn't have too.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I haven't found the need to cut out anything. As everyone always says, moderation is key. Just eat my favorite foods less often and in smaller sizes. It works for right now.
  • dfquigley
    dfquigley Posts: 186
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing I took out 100%

There are things I have SUBSTANTIALLY cut back on, such as pepsi, chips, pizza, etc. but I am not so strict that I can NEVER have them again.

Hell you only live once, and as long as most of your eating is healthy, and you are getting appropriate exercise, then the treats OCCASIONALLY won't have a significant enough impact to outweigh the enjoyment that I get out of them OCCASIONALLY :p
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options

Same here as ^^^^

But I have my bi weekly bag of Old Dutch BBQ chips and a glass of Coke...there are many things I have changed in my new lifestyle...but that combo IS NOT one of them.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can’t stop eating chocolate. I know milk chocolate bars helped make me fat so I switched to dark chocolate even though I did not prefer the taste. I have found two brands that I am LOVING. Theo and Alter Eco- Their Almond flavor. Less calories for a richer flavor means that you need less and it still feels like I am treating myself.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I can't live without ice cream. It's a must, almost on a daily basis. To stay within my cals I buy skinny cow and limit it to 1 bar (100 cals) after dinner. There are days I cannot resist the temptation and will have two, but most days, I stay within my limit..
  • calimoma
    Options
    diet pepsi for me! i tried but its so hard! i had three just last night!! oh my!!
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Chips. I get those little 100 calorie snack packs so that I don't feel deprived. I've learned that I can still have them, just not a jumbo/big bag and eat it all in one sitting. I cut those cravings by having the smaller packs on hand.
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    Pasta and Caffeine. I usually have a Lean Cuisine for lunch at work, so that's where I get my pasta fix. I've tried several times over the past few months to break my soda habit... which I can do, but only if I replace it with Crystal Light energy mix or Mio Energy.