What do you refuse to take out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• Kkleo2102
    Options
    Dark Chocolate. I eat it maybe once a month now. Before was almost every day. Pasta is still a hard thing to take out. But it's something I'm working on.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods. I just eat them in moderation now and use portion control.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    What is the one food or treat you refuse to give up?

None. I "give up" no food.
    How do you control the amount of that item that you eat?

Calorie counting and planning

I agree.. except I am not a good planner yet.. trying to be better. It is a process.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I won't completely give up anything...everything in moderation :bigsmile:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Just do portion control..I have a sugary treat once a week and a cheat meal once a week the rest of the week I eat super healthy lower calorie. It works for me I am already down 8 lbs. I do try to have the cheat meal and desserts earlier in the day though not at night before bed so I have a higher chance of burning it off.

for me, one cheat meal turned into a 5 day splurge. Now, I just keep it in perspective. I eat until I am satisifed and keep within or below my calories that way when I indulge I am covered.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Anything that I like, really. I just limit things...... I don't eat out more than once a week, etc. I'm all about portion control, logging it, and moving on.

This!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

None. I "give up" no food.

Calorie counting and planning

I do the same, I eat anything I want. I drink all the beer too
    my work outs would make most of you cry, I do this because I love food. That's how I wound up here in the first place. The one and only thing that is different, I don't drink soda at all anymore.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola and Nachos...I work them in my daily calories whenever I can!
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have not cut anything out 100%, I just eat less of the bad stuff. Less bacon, less pizza, fewer cookies. I still eat what fits my cals and macros, just not as much and not as often. So far it has worked well for me. Not once have I felt deprived or had a 'food sad' because I could not have something I love.
  • heatherzapolski
    Options
    I refuse to give up Cheese i love cheese way to much and soda (sprit) but i only drink that at night or i feel sick in the morning...so thats kinda a plus i dont drink it all day long now...
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options

I'm a huge Dr. Pepper fiend. I refuse to give it up completely, and whenever I try I'm completely miserable and feel deprived. I've been trying to cut back to only 1-2 a week. I drink sparkling water with natural flavor when I crave the fizz. I'm just curious what other people insist on keeping in their diets :-)

Just noting that diet does not necessarily mean a reduced cal or weight loss diet.
    A diet refers to what you eat, whatever you eat.
    I don't deprive myself of anything that I really want to eat. Cheese, bread, chocolate, etc.; I eat it all in moderation! What is hardest for me is controlling and reducing my Dr. Pepper habit.

Thanks for all the feedback and support on this one, MFP peeps!
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Things I like lol. I like burgers, nachos, chocolate, butter, pizza, cookies. I just find healthier ways to make them at home :)
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Booze, any and all! I log it so I can see how bad it is..that usually helps me keep it "under control". -meaning fitting my caloric intake for the day.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi. I know that the artificial sweetener acts just like sugar when you are operating under the assumption that you crave what you eat. But I've just decided that for now I'm not giving it up.
  • AndreaMerrill
    AndreaMerrill Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar. I did cut back to 1 (sometimes 2) cups a day though. It was more :-)
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't give up anything :)
  • muttmom105
    Options
    Beer and potato chips ! :drinker: but I may try giving up chips at lent .

LOL, I remember my parish priest calling Lent the Catholic diet plan....
  • blueyedgrits
    Options
    I love Kettle cooked chips! Cannot have them around as I can eat a whole bag at a time. For a while I was counting out the amount for a serving, but most times my hand would go back in the bag. So for me I have given them up. Can't have the sodium either.
  • LoveasaurusRex
    LoveasaurusRex Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything (aside from total junk processed food like chips and such)

I have half and half in my coffee everyday. I've tried replacing it but...I can't.

Everything else I have in moderation including going out to eat, bacon (mmm), chocolate, pumpkin bread, banana bread, etc.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I refuse to get rid of any of them. My one killer was lindt chocolate, in the big bars. Now, I'll buy one, open it before leaving the store, throw out 75% of it and then go on my way. All other foods I have the willpower to leave alone but not that one type of chocolate. I waste a bit of money but since I only buy it once every few months, that's ok.