When do you let your FWB go?

Replies

• saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    He always gets a bit jelous???? :(

I know this is more complicated then we know..... but can I ask why no possiblilty of relationship with FWB? he's a great lay & a great friend so why not a great BF?

You're obviously looking for a relationship ... how about him? Does he want to be alone forever or just got divorced or something?
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Just me, but if we went on two dates and there was a connection and I then found out you slept with someone else I would have trust issues with you

Not just you.
    I would be same.
    Thought maybe it's because I'm English, and we have a different ethos on dating and going steady etc. I don't think we date with more than one person at a time, tends to be exclusive then over with us.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Mind you... I'd kill for a date or FWB right now. lol:flowerforyou:
  • PhoenixFitLife
    PhoenixFitLife Posts: 229 Member
    i think that you're failing to look at this from the other stand point. let's say that this blossoms into an amazing relationship.... you may feel that you are carrying the baggage of sleeping with another man early in the foundation of your relationship..... Wheeew!, and if he some how found out on his own it may be World War 3 lol.... i think you should just use self control until you know where this is going. what could it hurt???..... the other guy will still be there if it doesn't work........... but hey!..... it's just advice :)

Thats great advice. You are a smart man.

Thank ya :)
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    You drop the FWB when you and this other guy decide it's time to be mutually exclusive. Until then, you're a free agent.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    tumblr_m7999efmKo1rys4czo1_500.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    If the new guy is a potential keeper you owe it to yourself to start a "clean" relationship with him.

You dont' want to end up 6 months or 6 years down the road with this nagging idea that you started out "cheating" with your FWB.

By definition shouldn't an FWB understand and be less possessive or "feelings" than an actual boyfriend. Isn't the whole "B" part the benefit of being able to exit the relationship with no guilt and then presumably reentering with no explanation. The fact that it's even a question makes it seem like less of a benefit than it's supposed to be.
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    I think if you're questioning it, then your gut is probably telling you something. I say bow out for a little bit with FWB and see where these dates go, that way you have no regrets if you end up together. Your FWB should understand and if he really is just the benefits then he'll have no problem going back to what you guys were if the dates don't work out.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    i think that you're failing to look at this from the other stand point. let's say that this blossoms into an amazing relationship.... you may feel that you are carrying the baggage of sleeping with another man early in the foundation of your relationship..... Wheeew!, and if he some how found out on his own it may be World War 3 lol.... i think you should just use self control until you know where this is going. what could it hurt???..... the other guy will still be there if it doesn't work........... but hey!..... it's just advice :)

see and there's a guy that agrees with me.

oh and by the way even tho I'm an "old married lady" like the above replier said LOL, I actually do have experience with this. I was having an FWB for months when suddenly I got 3 keepers on the hook a the same time! When it rains it pours. The minute I evaluated and realized they were all keepers, I immediately put on my chastity belt informed FWB that the real deal was heading down the pike and karaoke and pool time and eating whatever he brought home from dates with older cougars was fine but no more hanky panky. He said ok but what about yanky my wanky. I said still no. So eventually the 3 were all great but one stood ummm head and shoulders above the rest and that's the one I married, guilt free.
  • saintspoon
    He always gets a bit jelous???? :(

I know this is more complicated then we know..... but can I ask why no possiblilty of relationship with FWB? he's a great lay & a great friend so why not a great BF?

You're obviously looking for a relationship ... how about him? Does he want to be alone forever or just got divorced or something?

I think.... you don't want to give up your FWB too easily & that's why you're asking this all in the first place. You obviously have feelings for him or this would be a super duper easy choice for you.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    NEVER!!!! Always keep your options open.................just keep him on the down low. And lower the volume alittle in your contact with him text, calls etc...... trust me it willl freee up some time for him to find other options as well! and everyone can be happy!!!!:devil:

Oh and playa rule # 6 ALWAYS wear a rubber with the FWB IF YOUVE KNOWN FOR LESS THAN 2 YEARS !!!!:bigsmile:
  • It is sad to see that there are so many people who don't value what commitment truly is, no wonder the divorce rate is so high. If you are concerned that there may be an issue "if" someone finds out down the road; then don't do it. If the person is a "friend", they will understand. What happens in the dark always comes to light.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I think that I would be upset if I knew he was sleeping with another girl tonight. Even though we've only been seeing each other for a very short period, we seem to have a strong connection.

I've dated guys before that my FWB knew about and we would go on hold for that period. He always gets a little bit jealous but is understanding.

I think I can practice a little self control tonight. I might not have instance gratification but if everything pans out with the new guy, I will feel much better later.

Then you know what you need to do. :)

I find it curious that your FWB gets jealous. Why is it you two aren't anything more serious?
  • saintspoon
    I think that I would be upset if I knew he was sleeping with another girl tonight. Even though we've only been seeing each other for a very short period, we seem to have a strong connection.

I've dated guys before that my FWB knew about and we would go on hold for that period. He always gets a little bit jealous but is understanding.

I think I can practice a little self control tonight. I might not have instance gratification but if everything pans out with the new guy, I will feel much better later.

I find it curious that your FWB gets jealous. Why is it you two aren't anything more serious?

EXACTLY!!!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member

If you would be upset if you found out he was having sex with someone else then you should probably stop. Treat others as you would want to be treated! :)

And a FWB that gets jealous is never a good situation....
  • My FWB is my best friend's brother-in-law (husband's brother). The reason we have never tried a relationship is complicated, so I don't really want to go into all of that. Anyway, I think I'm going to abstain for tonight. Then if it doesn't work out with new guy, I will call up my FWB and get him over here.
  • Mind you... I'd kill for a date or FWB right now. lol:flowerforyou:

I know. Terrible predicament I'm in right?
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BEERRUNNER
    It is sad to see that there are so many people who don't value what commitment truly is, no wonder the divorce rate is so high. If you are concerned that there may be an issue "if" someone finds out down the road; then don't do it. If the person is a "friend", they will understand. What happens in the dark always comes to light.

Why you gotta hate????:bigsmile:

Playa rule # 3 DENY DENY DENY DENY AND DENY THAT YOU ARE DENYING ANYTHING AT ALL!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member

I know. Terrible pre****ament I'm in right?
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Not only that, you have an awesome choice of words.
  • BEERRUNNER
    NEVER!!!! Always keep your options open.................just keep him on the down low. And lower the volume alittle in your contact with him text, calls etc...... trust me it willl freee up some time for him to find other options as well! and everyone can be happy!!!!:devil:

Oh and playa rule # 6 ALWAYS wear a rubber with the FWB IF YOUVE KNOWN FOR LESS THAN 2 YEARS !!!!:bigsmile:

HAHAHAHAHAHA