This site should not be about weight loss bullies !

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask...why are there so many profile pics of legs with knee high socks? This relates nothing to the topic of discussion but since I was here reading, thought I'd ask.

Cause there was a thread about them yesterday, and, well, knee high socks are awesome. :D
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much a smart *kitten* everywhere.

If you tell me are taking a chemical that is essentially pregnant lady pee and restricting yourself to 500 calories a day. I will mock you.

It is dangerous behavior and to be supportive of it might encourage someone else to try it also.

move more. eat less. You will lose weight AND find tons of support on here.

Hoss is right. It is very hard to support the action of doing something dangerous and illegal. Very possible to support and be concerned for the person, but public support for a dangerous activity might encourage someone else to do something dangerous.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You know bullying has been in the news quite a bit lately. There is a new focus on it as there are children that are being taunted, assaulted, humiliated to the point of suicide or murder.
    The fact that a bunch of adults with full control of how they use this site are considering themselves victims of bullying is sickening.
    Grow up. You want to stop REAL bullying - get off of your computer and volunteer with a local children's group. Become a big brother or sister.
    Someone telling you your DIET is unhealthy is not bullying. And to say so it pathetic and demeaning to people that have actually faced bullies.
    Next you will be crying internet rape.
    I don't feel sorry for you and I would gladly say this to any of your faces.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    So...actually possessing a sense of humor and/or telling someone something he/she doesn't want to hear is considered bullying? Well, I guess I'm guaranteed a seat in the 5th ring of hell...kickrocks.gif
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

If you tell me are taking a chemical that is essentially pregnant lady pee and restricting yourself to 500 calories a day. I will mock you.

It is dangerous behavior and to be supportive of it might encourage someone else to try it also.

move more. eat less. You will lose weight AND find tons of support on here.

^^ And this man, and a good number of others, is the type you SHOULD be listening to. Great advice isn't always bound up tight in a cute little all polite and **** package. Learn to help yourself by not discarding excellent advice because it wasn't polite enough for you. The con men and snake oil salesmen are always the most polite - they know that game.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet. People can come off a bit ****ish now and again. You're not going to change that.

I haven't experienced anything, but then again I don't seek out support for starving myself while injecting pregnancy hormones into my body. Seriously, don't do that.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask...why are there so many profile pics of legs with knee high socks? This relates nothing to the topic of discussion but since I was here reading, thought I'd ask.

Cause there was a thread about them yesterday, and, well, knee high socks are awesome. :D

Oh OK. I'll post that as my NSV after I lose some more weight.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    ^This.

It makes my blood boil every time I see the word "bully" thrown around on here, because 90% of the time, no one is being bullied.

i just want to chime in here and make an observation which i feel is a common trait amongst the folks being called bullies.

take a look at the ticker for the member who posted the above quote. she has lost 134 lbs. she knows what she's doing. alot of the so-called bullies on here have similar success stories. the reason they comment on the bad information on these forums (and don't kid yourself, there is a lot of bad information being passed off as true) is because they've been down these roads before. they've learned what works, what doesn't, and what is harmful. they want to make the learning curve easier and faster for those who are new to this.

i don't know her at all. she's not on my friend's list. i've seen her around the forums. but she is indicative of the sort of people who are providing real help here (as well as humor), only to be called meanies and bullies for it. to be honest, it would be comical if there wasn't a small segment of overly sensitive folks who have made it their task on MFP to stalk members like her, looking for things to report to the mods to try and get these people banned. that is no different in my mind that going down to your local public library and burning all of the books that you disagree with. when you do that, you remove information from your universe. as these folks get banned from here, the same thing happens. then this site will become nothing but a giant marketplace for people selling green coffee beans or raspberry ketones or meal replacement shakes to unsuspecting newbies.

now i don't really know if anybody is stalking her, but there have been some knowledgeable folks banned here in the past couple of weeks, whose absence is already having an negative impact around here. so the next time one of you is tempted to get angry and cry, "Bully!", take a minute to look at the person's profile and see if it's somebody who has succeeded in this long "journey" already. odds are they have and they know exactly what it's like to be in your shoes. odds are also that they are really trying to help, even if it doesn't seem that way at the time. maybe, just maybe, if you ask them for clarification, you'll discover that somebody like that is EXACTLY who you want on your side.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You know bullying has been in the news quite a bit lately. There is a new focus on it as there are children that are being taunted, assaulted, humiliated to the point of suicide or murder.
    The fact that a bunch of adults with full control of how they use this site are considering themselves victims of bullying is sickening.
    Grow up. You want to stop REAL bullying - get off of your computer and volunteer with a local children's group. Become a big brother or sister.
    Someone telling you your DIET is unhealthy is not bullying. And to say so it pathetic and demeaning to people that have actually faced bullies.
    normally i dont like girls but i think i just fell in love with one lol
  • x3Gingerx3
    Options
    Some people can be rude! I just started yesterday so feel free to add me I'm on a couple times a day to log my food so I'll message back pretty fast :)
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I work out!
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! This site is for all people trying to get healthy, why hate? People who want to be rude should just stay off of here. Anyone can add me, more the merrier!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It certainly can be daunting when you first get on here. I suggest you don't post on the boards for a while, just post to your friends, and if someone rubs ya the wrong way unfriend them.

There are all sorts of people here, and unlike a room full of those same people where most would be quiet, being 'anonymous on the internet gives a lot of people a free pass to say/act as they want. For some that means bulling, some it means they come across unfavorably, some will be super sweet while sabotaging you, other's will be blunt, other's will give you exactly the kind of support you need. At the same time everyone is looking for different 'support' as well. Some want hand holding, some want told what to do, some want motivation, some want accountability, some want tough love. Unfortunately it is hard to filter and get only what you want. And even if you could, maybe you'd miss some important information.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

This.

You all need a big dose of perspective here.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Does rude = Bullying now??
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

You sir owe me a new keyboard as I just snarfed my coffee all over the one I have.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    ^This.

It makes my blood boil every time I see the word "bully" thrown around on here, because 90% of the time, no one is being bullied.

i just want to chime in here and make an observation which i feel is a common trait amongst the folks being called bullies.

take a look at the ticker for the member who posted the above quote. she has lost 134 lbs. she knows what she's doing. alot of the so-called bullies on here have similar success stories. the reason they comment on the bad information on these forums (and don't kid yourself, there is a lot of bad information being passed off as true) is because they've been down these roads before. they've learned what works, what doesn't, and what is harmful. they want to make the learning curve easier and faster for those who are new to this.

i don't know her at all. she's not on my friend's list. i've seen her around the forums. but she is indicative of the sort of people who are providing real help here (as well as humor), only to be called meanies and bullies for it. to be honest, it would be comical if there wasn't a small segment of overly sensitive folks who have made it their task on MFP to stalk members like her, looking for things to report to the mods to try and get these people banned. that is no different in my mind that going down to your local public library and burning all of the books that you disagree with. when you do that, you remove information from your universe. as these folks get banned from here, the same thing happens. then this site will become nothing but a giant marketplace ground for people selling green coffee beans or raspberry ketones or meal replacement shakes.

So. Much. Win.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Does rude = Bullying now??

I work out!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you felt bullied and felt it necessary to leave. It is clear that all of us should have told you what a wonderful and healthy diet HCG is ... injections and 500 calories are so much better than actually eating and exercising.

I wish you and all of your HCG supporting friends luck on this plan. Please be sure to put this info in your profiles so I know not to friend you in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Shut it