This site should not be about weight loss bullies !

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Please don't hijack this thread. I think Timmy and bee stings are extremely relevant.

Once when I was small. I was laying on my bed and my cat jumped up on me, walked over and bit my nose, then left. My point is, if you tick off cats all day and expect to have a ***** cat come up and bite you in the middle of the night.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it depends the the context. If it is in response to a serious discussion, it may be inappropriate and snarky. If it is in response to a humorous post (even a failed one) it could be appropriate and in the spirit of jest. :happy:

That's why I specified "in context" and included the post to which it replied. I understand snarky in response to snarky, that's just good fun.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it depends the the context. If it is in response to a serious discussion, it may be inappropriate and snarky. If it is in response to a humorous post (even a failed one) it could be appropriate and in the spirit of jest. :happy:

That's why I specified "in context" and included the post to which it replied. I understand snarky in response to snarky, that's just good fun.

you'll have to ask the poster directly to find out what she had in mind.

i have an informal rule that i try to follow, although i'm not 100% successful. i try to leave my humor in the Chit Chat forum. on these other forums, i try to stick to the matters at hand and avoid sarcasm and jokes as much as possible.
  • Dagreth
    Dagreth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You came for support and got a dog poop story instead. Not exactly bullying but about what to expect trying to get support on the internet. As far as Hcg being dangerous, so is overeating. Your goal should be to eat right and change your lifestyle to eating right. This is very hard to achieve, there are people that dieted "right" and have regained. I think you can find great support on the internet, but you are going to get the rude people. You are also going to get people that disagree with you. The nice thing about the internet tho is while its easy to be rude here, its also easy to ignore the negativity.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    When it's all said and done I'm here to be surrounded with positive people who are here to support each other. Again I am not advocating any diet it was an example and I wont be apologizing to anyone for trying something once. Do I do things differently now yes cause I've learned. But the fact that that's all some of you focused on and not my message about being positive and helping each other is sad. However for those of you who truly took the time to read what I said and see that it was nothing more then me expressing my feelings about an experience I had (which I can do just like you all) , thank you. You have all been on forums and seen people made fun of , mean comments , and a group attacking someone's choice. I just don't like that and if that means I'm unrealistic that a bunch of over weight people can join together to support each other in a positive way then I guess I am. There are people everyday who feel that because their smaller they should tell me how to lose weight , on this site i experience rudness, mean comments, nasty emails with very vulgar language and things I wont even mention. I dont want that. the true spirit of this site is to encourage each other and that's what I'm here to do. Some people may not like the way I "stated " things or the words that I used but I wont apologize just like I wouldn't ask you to. Thank you for all of your post, concerns, lessons, and witty comments. I have learned that surrounding yourself with positive people is about picking those who are worth your time and throwing back the rest. People need different things to prosper and I'll just find people who fit my needs.

Have a great day guys ! God Bless! :)

Translation = You win, I lose. I'm taking my toys and going home now. Somebody, call my unicorn STAT....where are my rosy shades? That sun is shining so brightly I can barely see for all the shiny, reflective, happy people nearby. *prances off on the path of positivity*

Okay, I'm curious: Does anyone consider the above reply to be unnecessary and snarky in the context in which it was posted, or is this one the "helpful but misunderstood" posts that everyone's talking about? Maybe it's an example of "tough love"? Or is it "good humor"?

NOT

Push the IGNORE button!!! Life is too short to indulge this.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    the true spirit of this site is to encourage each other and that's what I'm here to do
    not for everyone. for me, this is a tool to manage and track my food. I read the forums and have learned a great deal from some of the "bullies" that so many folks are complaining about. I don't need cheerleaders and don't expect it. I support my friends and offer my insight to them if they ask. just the same, some folks need their *kitten* to be kicked in gear, some people can't handle constructive criticism, or advice based on sound knowledge, science, and experience. perhaps venturing to the forum to air your grievances about everyone not sharing your vision was the problem.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Oh for the love of teddy bears! Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them bullies. Grow up. And welcome to the internet, where people aren't gonna hold your hand and coddle you. And if you really expect people to support unsafe diets then that is ridiculous. Most the people on this site are really on here as a path to good health, surely there are other sites more accepting of dangerous fad diets. Good luck to you.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Oh for the love of teddy bears! Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them bullies. Grow up. And welcome to the internet, where people aren't gonna hold your hand and coddle you. And if you really expect people to support unsafe diets then that is ridiculous. Most the people on this site are really on here as a path to good health, surely there are other sites more accepting of dangerous fad diets. Good luck to you.

I like teddy bears. :flowerforyou:

Teddy-bear-omg.jpg
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

I don't love teddy bears. They are a waste of space.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Maybe people were concerned because HCG is actually pretty dangerous and not a healthy way to lose weight.

I doubt people are/were trying to bully as much as trying to help. Sometimes people just want others to give them positive affirmation that what they are doing is right, but there is such a thing called tough love. Just because people disagree doesn't make them a bully.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Obviously, this needs to be reposted.
    uncaptioned-0xyde-50eb3781bacbc.jpeg
  • lippymac
    lippymac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is delete anyone who doesn't provide you with support and encouragement...not only on this site but in your life as well. Feel free to add me as a friend. I know how difficult weight loss can be and I appreciate all the friends I've made on MFP.
  • crazydaisy15
    Options
    Maybe people were concerned because HCG is actually pretty dangerous and not a healthy way to lose weight.

I doubt people are/were trying to bully as much as trying to help. Sometimes people just want others to give them positive affirmation that what they are doing is right, but there is such a thing called tough love. Just because people disagree doesn't make them a bully.

Wow, your weight loss ticker has a picture of a cat that looks just like my cat. And yes, my cat's name is Timmy! He is awesome.
  • dutchess4884
    Options

I love teddy bears ! So thanks! I am not promoting a fad diet which i have stated many many many times in this thread. I did try it and had success but that's me and now I work out five days a week, eat 1000-1200 cals a day and drink water until I feel like I'm gonna bust. I like "most people" am here to lose weight in a healthy way that i can keep off for life. This is just one avenue I chose at the time to kick start the weight loss. kinda like all the other "fad" diets promoted on this site. Lets face it were all over weight and weve all been desperate for the quick fix, hell i'm not afraid to admit that i'm human and my weight is my worst struggle so yes before I got a trainer and started learning about proper weight loss I tried anything that looked like it might work. I don't need another site I think I'm fine right here for now but thank you for your concern. I will always welcome positive people who want to help motivate me in my weight loss journey so if that's you then add me. By the way congrats on your weight loss so far, obviously you are doing an amazing job!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I love teddy bears ! So thanks! I am not promoting a fad diet which i have stated many many many times in this thread. I did try it and had success but that's me and now I work out five days a week, eat 1000-1200 cals a day and drink water until I feel like I'm gonna bust. I like "most people" am here to lose weight in a healthy way that i can keep off for life. This is just one avenue I chose at the time to kick start the weight loss. kinda like all the other "fad" diets promoted on this site. Lets face it were all over weight and weve all been desperate for the quick fix, hell i'm not afraid to admit that i'm human and my weight is my worst struggle so yes before I got a trainer and started learning about proper weight loss I tried anything that looked like it might work. I don't need another site I think I'm fine right here for now but thank you for your concern. I will always welcome positive people who want to help motivate me in my weight loss journey so if that's you then add me. By the way congrats on your weight loss so far, obviously you are doing an amazing job!

If you eat 1000-1200 you still have a lot of learning to do. There is no way that is enough to support someone who is active. In fact 1200 is treated as the bottom floor for caloric intake regardless of size. If you're eating under 1200, you're doing it wrong. And even if you're just barely eating 1200, you're still more than likely doing it wrong.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Okay. I can tell that people are getting worked up here, so I think everyone needs to hear the story of Timmy and Me.

When I was growing up, our next door neighbours had a daschund named Timmy. His lady owner was very nice, but his man owner once shouted at me, because the Big Wheel I was riding up and down and up and down and up and down (etc forever) the street was too loud. He was relatively ****ish.

Timmy and I were wonderful friends. Whenever he went for a walk (off his leash, because this was in the olden days when seat belts were optional and shirt collars were as big as your face), he would overshoot his driveway to come and see me, and kiss me and let me hug his neck. I was not tall.

One day, my family and I were going to visit my grandparents, or some other old people who only ever had crappy candy in their house, and since I was ready before everyone else, I went outside to impatiently wait. Timmy was on his front lawn. We ran towards each other, slow-motion-on-a-beach style, to hug, and I sat down on the grass to hug him better.

Timmy was not outside for no reason, as I discovered, after sitting on the lawn. Atop the lawn, was a fresh pile of his ****, which I sat on. In. On. Whatever. Wearing corduroy pants, as in so many situations, just made things worse.

Anyway, my mom was very angry and I made us late in going to whatever ****ty candy place we were going to, and I totally sat in dog ****.

The End.

I love story time. Thank you. Sorry it didn't get you out of visiting old people with crappy candy. Insult to injury.
  • dutchess4884
    Options
    Thank you for the concern but my doctor actually chose the amount since i have a medical issue that requires me to lose weight inorder to be dealt with. I'm sure her medical degree and all the weight loss professionals at the hospital are well versed in the subject. that is just what is personally working for me.
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I like teddy bears. :flowerforyou:

Teddy-bear-omg.jpg

I just about peed myself laughing...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I personally have never been "desperate" for a quick fix. I've lost weight twice in my life already & kept it off both times for years and not with anything quick. I took me a full six months to lose 51 lbs to be exact and this time I predict it will take a full year to lose 80.

Please don't say "we all" as though everyone feels the same about weight loss as you and how to get there.

( I did my best to disagree with you, without doing anything even close to bullying.) What exactly is HCG and what is snowflake? Off to google.
  • dutchess4884
    Options

I personally have never been "desperate" for a quick fix. I've lost weight twice in my life already & kept it off both times for years and not with anything quick. I took me a full six months to lose 51 lbs to be exact and this time I predict it will take a full year to lose 80.

Please don't say "we all" as though everyone feels the same about weight loss as you and how to get there.

( I did my best to disagree with you, without doing anything even close to bullying.) What exactly is HCG and what is snowflake? Off to google.

WE ALL know you dont have to agree with me and that's fine. if you've never struggled or been desperate then congrats on achieveing a higher level of weight loss. i have , many have, but I'm sure your much better then those of us who have been desperate. Besides as you many well know since you are on a higher level people use words to describe a feeling, a moment. i was simply sharing my experience. You agreeing or not is besides the point. I'm glad your weight loss is going so well and I wish you all the luck in the world. God Bless .