This site should not be about weight loss bullies !

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I pour my heart out to you people and NOTHING! Are you all dead inside? Dead like Timmy is, now? That's right. He died. He was like 17, which is pretty good for a dog, but still. Your hearts are THREE sizes too small. THREE!
  • millerlm87
    Options
    I've found a lot of positive people on here. When I didn't log in die a while they all store me saying te missed me and what they could do to help. Thank you everybody.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What I wonder, how many people who have done 'quick fixes' actually keep the weight loss off?
    Since the quick fix never addresses what made them gain weight in the first place.
    Isn't that why they are always re-doing the quick fix, or looking for the next newest better one?
    But maybe the 'quick fix' is part of a plan that addresses their weight gain in the first place?

As for people that have lost lots of weight knowing what they're talking about:
    All too often on here it seems that people that have succeeded presume their way is THE best way.
    For instance, I've often been seen chanting 'Calories in, Calories out', while others don't always find that methodology works for them*.

*Of course, I'd point out that I hold this view partly because it's based on the rather fundamentals rules of the universe, as we understand them :P.

So, what's a quick fix that addresses their weight gain in the first place?

I'm listening.
    I'm interested.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I pour my heart out to you people and NOTHING! Are you all dead inside? Dead like Timmy is, now? That's right. He died. He was like 17, which is pretty good for a dog, but still. Your hearts are THREE sizes too small. THREE!

Actually mine is 5 times too small.

And I laughed at your post.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I had a cat named Timmy when I was little. He was awesome. :heart:
  • Contrarian
    Options
    TIMMY!!!! *raises fist in the air* WHY????
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    When it's all said and done I'm here to be surrounded with positive people who are here to support each other. Again I am not advocating any diet it was an example and I wont be apologizing to anyone for trying something once. Do I do things differently now yes cause I've learned. But the fact that that's all some of you focused on and not my message about being positive and helping each other is sad. However for those of you who truly took the time to read what I said and see that it was nothing more then me expressing my feelings about an experience I had (which I can do just like you all) , thank you. You have all been on forums and seen people made fun of , mean comments , and a group attacking someone's choice. I just don't like that and if that means I'm unrealistic that a bunch of over weight people can join together to support each other in a positive way then I guess I am. There are people everyday who feel that because their smaller they should tell me how to lose weight , on this site i experience rudness, mean comments, nasty emails with very vulgar language and things I wont even mention. I dont want that. the true spirit of this site is to encourage each other and that's what I'm here to do. Some people may not like the way I "stated " things or the words that I used but I wont apologize just like I wouldn't ask you to. Thank you for all of your post, concerns, lessons, and witty comments. I have learned that surrounding yourself with positive people is about picking those who are worth your time and throwing back the rest. People need different things to prosper and I'll just find people who fit my needs.

Have a great day guys ! God Bless! :)

Translation = You win, I lose. I'm taking my toys and going home now. Somebody, call my unicorn STAT....where are my rosy shades? That sun is shining so brightly I can barely see for all the shiny, reflective, happy people nearby. *prances off on the path of positivity*
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say, in a very positive way, that we have become a people obsessed with whining and finger pointing.

Bullying hasn't increased, it's been defined down to the point that each and every whining little snowflake can claim to be bullied at the first sign of honest, frank disagreement, and thousands of other snowflakes will whine in agreement about how nasty all the bullies are.

Drive the disagreement out. Drive the humor out. Drive the life out.

Pathetic.
    Disgustingly, pathetic.

HERE HERE ! RAWR !
  • Contrarian
    Options
    *curls up in fetal position, sobbing*
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    TIMMY!!!! *raises fist in the air* WHY????

ykcZmXP.gif
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    *curls up in fetal position, sobbing*

gosh, you are so negative. Stop your crying.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

you are pretty funny
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    ITA. Seriously. I cannot imagine some of these people acting this way offline. It is bullying behavior pure & simple. Just one small example: a newbie asked a question about calf exercises, and someone posted sarcastically that calves were in the meadow. Of course several regulars had to say how clever that was (it was????). I'm sure the newbie made the unforgiveaqble mistake of using the word "toning" thus opening him or her up to obscene ridicule by the forum regs who claim they are sick to death of answering the same questions although no one's forcing them to do it. They just need to step on someone to feel good about themselves. There are worst example of bullying here, but that one stuck in my mind as it was very similar to a sarcastic response my middle schooler had heard the week before. At middle school.

Oh and then there are the constant posts about women just being jealous of each other. Sexism is alive and well here. Racism would never be tolerated (and it should never be!), but it's OK to rip women apart.

That's not bullying. It's called a joke. It wasn't at the person's expense, it was wordplay.

All you people who mistake humor, or even sarcasm, with the "use of force and coercion to bully and intimidate others" must live in a very pleasant world. Really. When I was getting chairs pulled out from under me, cornered in hallways and berated for sticking my neck out for quieter kids, and consistently called "ugly," "horseface" and given carrots when I walked in a room, I could have gone for a joke that wasn't about *me*, but was about a funny coincidence of words. Goddamn Shakespeare used wordplay similar to the one you commented on; and that's really considered bullying by you?

And the people who "rip" apart women are generally not the same people making the clever wordplay.

Who are these "they" and "them"? It seems like anyone that disagrees with someone, or makes a joke they don't get, or just grinds their gears, becomes part of this inexplicable other of "bullies."

That's. Not. Bullying.

This thread comes up all the time, yes. Does that mean there's a problem? Maybe, but not of "bullying."

And we have a winner !
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I read it.. I just didn't know what to say to sitting in doggie poop. like. ew.

Your story touched my heart... this one time, I stepped in dog poo, and I had to wash it off with a hose..

Not nearly as traumatic as your story, granted, but... wait what was the question?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I read it.. I just didn't know what to say to sitting in doggie poop. like. ew.

Your story touched my heart... this one time, I stepped in dog poo, and I had to wash it off with a hose..

Not nearly as traumatic as your story, granted, but... wait what was the question?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    When it's all said and done I'm here to be surrounded with positive people who are here to support each other. Again I am not advocating any diet it was an example and I wont be apologizing to anyone for trying something once. Do I do things differently now yes cause I've learned. But the fact that that's all some of you focused on and not my message about being positive and helping each other is sad. However for those of you who truly took the time to read what I said and see that it was nothing more then me expressing my feelings about an experience I had (which I can do just like you all) , thank you. You have all been on forums and seen people made fun of , mean comments , and a group attacking someone's choice. I just don't like that and if that means I'm unrealistic that a bunch of over weight people can join together to support each other in a positive way then I guess I am. There are people everyday who feel that because their smaller they should tell me how to lose weight , on this site i experience rudness, mean comments, nasty emails with very vulgar language and things I wont even mention. I dont want that. the true spirit of this site is to encourage each other and that's what I'm here to do. Some people may not like the way I "stated " things or the words that I used but I wont apologize just like I wouldn't ask you to. Thank you for all of your post, concerns, lessons, and witty comments. I have learned that surrounding yourself with positive people is about picking those who are worth your time and throwing back the rest. People need different things to prosper and I'll just find people who fit my needs.

Translation = You win, I lose. I'm taking my toys and going home now. Somebody, call my unicorn STAT....where are my rosy shades? That sun is shining so brightly I can barely see for all the shiny, reflective, happy people nearby. *prances off on the path of positivity*

Okay, I'm curious: Does anyone consider the above reply to be unnecessary and snarky in the context in which it was posted, or is this one the "helpful but misunderstood" posts that everyone's talking about? Maybe it's an example of "tough love"? Or is it "good humor"?
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Another one of those "people here are mean" threads. If you are so deeply affected by faceless people on a weight-loss forum then maybe you should steer clear of it. People arent going to change, this is the internet. Just like there are *kitten* in real life, they come online too.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Okay. I can tell that people are getting worked up here, so I think everyone needs to hear the story of Timmy and Me.

When I was growing up, our next door neighbours had a daschund named Timmy. His lady owner was very nice, but his man owner once shouted at me, because the Big Wheel I was riding up and down and up and down and up and down (etc forever) the street was too loud. He was relatively ****ish.

Timmy and I were wonderful friends. Whenever he went for a walk (off his leash, because this was in the olden days when seat belts were optional and shirt collars were as big as your face), he would overshoot his driveway to come and see me, and kiss me and let me hug his neck. I was not tall.

One day, my family and I were going to visit my grandparents, or some other old people who only ever had crappy candy in their house, and since I was ready before everyone else, I went outside to impatiently wait. Timmy was on his front lawn. We ran towards each other, slow-motion-on-a-beach style, to hug, and I sat down on the grass to hug him better.

Timmy was not outside for no reason, as I discovered, after sitting on the lawn. Atop the lawn, was a fresh pile of his ****, which I sat on. In. On. Whatever. Wearing corduroy pants, as in so many situations, just made things worse.

Anyway, my mom was very angry and I made us late in going to whatever ****ty candy place we were going to, and I totally sat in dog ****.

The End.
    When I was 5 years old I sat on a bee and it stung my butt. Although it's not the same thing as sitting in dog poo, I can relate.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say, in a very positive way, that we have become a people obsessed with whining and finger pointing.

Bullying hasn't increased, it's been defined down to the point that each and every whining little snowflake can claim to be bullied at the first sign of honest, frank disagreement, and thousands of other snowflakes will whine in agreement about how nasty all the bullies are.

Drive the disagreement out. Drive the humor out. Drive the life out.

Pathetic.
    Disgustingly, pathetic.

I really really hate the term snowflake as it's used on here. yes, I am a special snowflake. deal with it.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Okay, I'm curious: Does anyone consider the above reply to be unnecessary and snarky in the context in which it was posted, or is this one the "helpful but misunderstood" posts that everyone's talking about? Maybe it's an example of "tough love"? Or is it "good humor"?

Well, I think it depends the the context. If it is in response to a serious discussion, it may be inappropriate and snarky. If it is in response to a humorous post (even a failed one) it could be appropriate and in the spirit of jest. :happy: