Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry I missed Monday check in, but things are going good. I did my mid-week check in yesterday and there was some loss, but I wont record it officically until Thursday. Ive been feeling VERY tired lately, which I am attributing to the weather.

Tuesday goal- I have to meet with a trainer from the gym that I joined. My appointment is at 6pm tonight. It's supposed to be a tour of the gym and I guess weighing me and finding out what my goals are. Should be interesting, just a bit nervous about it. This will force me to verbally and openly discuss my weight with someone other than you fine folks.

I hope you all are having a great day.

-Rachael
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Holly~Way to go with broadening your horizons and trying the elliptical, keep using it and increase your time periodically - it WILL get easier, I promise! :bigsmile: I think my least favorite piece of cardio equipment is the stairmaster, why would someone want to walk up the stairs for a workout intentionally!!! :laugh:

@Rachael~Good luck with the trainer tonight, its always scary to share weight loss goals with someone you don't know - I know it took a while for me to open up to my trainer about stuff, but now I tell him everything! :laugh:
  • sarabeth02
    sarabeth02 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So today is Tuesday, thus the goals....hmm. Well, one goal I have is to be able to jog a 5k by April. I'm going to be part of the Color Vibe run in Atlanta, and I would like to be able to jog it. I'm not off to a good start though. I can only run for about 30 seconds right now, and I'm working up to a minute. It's awful, I should be a better runner than this. I thought that it would get easier with running, but it's getting more difficult, if that makes any sense. It doesn't to me. Anyway, yeah, that's a goal of mine.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just to let everyone know...I logged onto my Verizon Wireless account today and saw that they had awesome prices on the FITbit and the Fitbit/sleep. The Fitbit was 44.99 and the fitbit w/ sleep monitor was 74.99

thanks! looks great!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me Lin. Open topic for discussion: What should we make our Goals or Challenges for February be? Any suggestions??? We've been thinking about sweating and being hungry for January, and honestly that's been a little limp..:laugh: so what do we want to get behind, besides our BEHINDS in Groundhog Month?

HMMMM????????

Robin - I agree with Groundhog Day theme---like the movie, something healthy that we choose to do each and every day over and over and over in February.

Back later.......couldn't sleep through the thunderstorms last night. Then the recycle trucks were out early and I couldn't sleep again but I was stubborn enough to TRY to go to sleep again and I did but now it's late, late, late.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    i'm fuhreeing. i was really hoping winter was over. it's been in the 60s for weeks. not so much. it's like 17 out there. brrrr. no outside exercising yet, i guess
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good morning. My goal today is to push past this cold and get the laundry done! Not very impressive, I know, but that's about it.
    I wondered the same thing about the waist measurement. As a seamstress, I always assumed it was the smallest part of the torso, but there is a debate. My ratio would be alot different if it is the navel. There's 5" between my waist and my navel.
    Have a great day. Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: I *WILL* lose at least 1 pound this week if I have to carve it off with a knife! I'd like to stay under calories for the entire week and get in the amount of exercise that I'm supposed to. Except for one night off the wagon, last week didn't look *TOO* bad. Numbers wise, it should have equaled a 1 pound loss but no such luck this morning. I'm holding fast and hard at 214.

Tuesday - 30 Day Shred - DONE
    Wednesday - walk - DONE
    Thursday - 30 Day Shred - DONE
    Friday - Walk - Binged instead How many calories do you burn while shoveling food into your pie hole at lightening speeds?
    Saturday - 30 Day Shred - DONE (Plus 30 minutes of yoga to make up for Friday)
    Sunday - Day Off
    Monday - Walk - DONE
    Today - 30 Day Shred (Have errands to run tonight, so I'll put in a 45 minute walk during the work day instead)
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    tuesday goal - start some form of weight training this week and work it in at least 2x/week. I have a couple of DVD's somewhere - an old Kathy Smith and I think a Jillian Michaels. Or maybe I'll just explore some apps and see what's out there. Mostly going to concentrate on arms and abs for now. I think running is all my legs can take at the moment. LOL.

A challenge for February - what about trying something new each week - could be an exercise, type of equipment, a food, exercise in a different location - anything really.... Not necessarily a new thing each day but definitely something new each week?

although I like the Groundhog Day idea too.
  • kvandeest
    kvandeest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. My Tuesday goal is to continue to lose the weight that I gained over my 3 surgeries. I have 14 more pounds to reach my first goal. Not sure what my next goal will be, but I am determined to get to this first one.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hello - So we are liking the Groundhog Day theme - do something and repeat it every day of the month, ey? :laugh: :noway: :sad: :glasses: So we should each pick our own demon and repeat it for 28 days ! OK its a done deal! :smokin:

I for one, am going to pick Leslie Sansone and do her for frickin' 24 days at least, right up til the time I leave for vacation on the 25th. There, I said it in print. OMG - I'm committed! :sad:

Yesterday was BIG HAUL day from Craig's List. I got a forest green velvet wingback chair for my living room for dirt cheap (they practically paid ME to take it away) and it totally MAKES my living room pop with color! It pulls all the greens from the plants and my paintings right out and looks great. Now I have adequate seating for guests actually. I can have company!:flowerforyou:
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @Robin- I think thats a great idea. Rock on with Leslie!!! LOL I dont know what I'm going to do just yet. I have a few days to think about it. I guess I can wait and see what this trainer says.

The closer it gets to my appointment, the more nervous I am becomming. LOL --What is #$^#$ wrong with me?
    My NSV is that I had clients asking today, how I am- which is a daily question, I said I'm good. One lady looks at me and says "I'm not trying to be rude, but are you losing weight?" I said while laughing, yea, I am. She said oh ok, you look good. I said thanks. then another female client said, you do look good, you can see it in your face. So I'm super excited that other people who see me daily are seeing a difference. YAAAAAYYY!!! Just wanted to share that good news.

I'm clearly bored at work right now HEHEHEHE

I'm up to cup #7 of water right now. WHHHHEEEEEWWWW!!! I also have a SERIOUS case of the munchies, but I'm hoping that it will pass with some water and distraction.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: WATER TAG !!!!!

-Rachael
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Can't believe I didn't check in yesterday. I was so excited in the morning after weigh in I wrote a big blog on my site but guess I just forgot after that. I was down 3.5 lbs for the week which got me so excited. Then I got busy with my house cleaning purge. Unfortunately, most of what I did yesterday is stuff only I'll see (drawers and closets) . Its stuff that never gets done but boy does it need it. Also cleaned the cats litter box, recycled old magazines and catalogues and did a general tidy up. My downstairs areas is about 3/5 done. Got a few more days to go before I have to go back to work so hope to get it all finished.
    I love the February theme, so I'm in. I'm going to have to give it some thought about what I can repeat everyday. I'll post my personal challenge tomorrow after giving it some thought.
    Sorry to hear that there is still some illness doing the rounds amongst our group. Hope everyone feels well soon. Don't get discouraged when things are going wrong, just keep perservering and you will succeed in the end. Charlotte
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I like the Groundhog Day idea for February - I think I'll repeat eating everyday. :laugh: Seriously, need to think on that one.

@Rachael~Nothing to be nervous about, just be yourself and be honest with him. Really talk to him about the short-term and long-term goals you want to achieve, you want to get the most of the session that you can. You'll do great! What a great feeling that people are starting to notice - always good for a mood lifter. Congrats!
    Hi All, Can't believe I didn't check in yesterday. I was so excited in the morning after weigh in I wrote a big blog on my site but guess I just forgot after that. I was down 3.5 lbs for the week which got me so excited. Then I got busy with my house cleaning purge. Unfortunately, most of what I did yesterday is stuff only I'll see (drawers and closets) . Its stuff that never gets done but boy does it need it. Also cleaned the cats litter box, recycled old magazines and catalogues and did a general tidy up. My downstairs areas is about 3/5 done. Got a few more days to go before I have to go back to work so hope to get it all finished.
    I love the February theme, so I'm in. I'm going to have to give it some thought about what I can repeat everyday. I'll post my personal challenge tomorrow after giving it some thought.
    Sorry to hear that there is still some illness doing the rounds amongst our group. Hope everyone feels well soon. Don't get discouraged when things are going wrong, just keep perservering and you will succeed in the end. Charlotte

Awesome, Charlotte!!! WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Yeah--I guess I should have specified that I was referring to the movie Groundhog Day--glad Lin clarified for everyone. :laugh:

I think I'm going to focus on my macros. What I *should* do is keep my carbs below 40% everyday, but I know that won't happen on a few special days like Superbowl Sunday and an overnight girls' weekend mid-month. I don't want to choose a goal that I already feel I'm destined to fail.

Instead, I will make sure to eat at least 80 grams of protein EVERY DAY in February. It will be tough (it's really easy for me to get 70g, but I fall short of the 80g mark fairly often), but it's do-able. It also should have the added side-effect of lowering my carb intake since I'll have less calories to devote to carbs.

I'm at work right now, so I'll do personals later.

It's mid-60's today, so I'm hoping the lull in the rain lasts long enough for me to run outside! Fingers crossed!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope you all are having a gret day. I am trying to restructure my sleep cycle so I made myself go to bed at 9 last night and even though I didnt sleep sound I was up at eight. I know doesnt sound that early but I have been sleeping till 9 or 10 most days. I think part of the problem is I have no outside reason I have to ge up in the morning but I am working on changing that. I am officially job hunting again and this time I am determined to give it the same time and dedication i have put into this journey. I have turned in one cover letter and resume to a posting that was on craigslist this morning. In their ad they asked for a cover letter personalised to what they were looking for which I guess I should do for all of them but it made me broadenmy thinking a little bit and I really enjoye writing it. I have always enjoyed writing but for specific purposes not so much as a form of expression. I think this cover letter might give me a better chance as well because my work experience doesnt tie in with what I went to school for and the kind of job I am looking for. I was able to show that though the technical skills wern't the same I had exhibited all of the intangibles they were looking for like muti tasking organization and so on and so forth. I plan on turning in another applicatin this afternoon and then I am dropping off one more tomorrow and am trying to figure out ways to expand my searching field for my area. My goals for this week are to get in my workouts every day and to do at least one job search related task every day. Then there are the never endings cook clean blah blah:laugh: I gave the dogs a bath this morning which I feel is a workout in and of itslef. The little pom just looks at me with big sad eyes asking why I am torturing him and my lab sprays me nonstop with water for revenge so clean the bathroom is also now on my list for the day:laugh: Well I Hope you have all had a great day and I am on my sixth glass of water so tag your it:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Monday: calisthenics 20 min- done Monday: job search activity- Done
    Tuesday: Walk with Leslie Tuesday: job search activity- Done
    Wednesday: Calisthenics- Wednesday: job search activity
    Thursday: Walk with leslie- Thursday: job search activity
    Friday: Calisthenics- Friday: job search activity
    Saturday: Walk with leslie
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    I have not forgotten about any of you or this journey. I have not logged food but have been logging in daily. My mind is still in it. Mostly. I haven't made all the right food choices but I am trying.
    Right now with family, school and work things are crazy. I knew it would be crazy but had no idea how crazy and it's really just the 2nd week of school. This week is my first full week as far as all my classes at school and my online classes. And I have been dealing with a lot at work.
    So I am here. I am thinking of you all. Hopefully I get a chance and can catch up on how everyone is doing.
    I miss checking in daily, it just seems most of my extra time is either trying to relax or school work.

Tina
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    HOLLY - you wrote:
    @Lin- The virtual walking program you use is it on a treadmill or is it a phone app?

It is neither.........it's a web site that's been around for a while but I'm loving it. You just establish an ID then every day you can log your miles: walking, running, biking. As Skinny said, it's nice you can track them separately. I'm walking the entire distance, if I stick to it I should make it by September 2014. So you need a computer or iPad or something so you can get to a web site. Here's the place to start. If anyone else has other information, please add in......

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: To get over the cold I am getting today. I have dealing with a snuffy nose and just feeling miserable. I am not surprised because my classroom has either been cold (no heat) or today it was to HOT. To get a full night's sleep. Last night I woke up at 1;50 am and did not get back to sleep until after 3am. Then I don't think I slept well at all last night.

Rachael- Good luck with your trainer. It is hard to open up in the beginning but they do become a source of support and motivation for you.

Tina- Good luck with school and work.
    Charolette- Congratulations on your loss.

Fitness Goals for 1/26 to 1/31
    Saturday- REST or GYM DONE:laugh:
    Sunday- Rock Climbing DONE:smokin:
    Monday- Gym TRAINER double work out DONE :bigsmile:
    Tuesday- REST Meeting after work DONE:happy:
    WEdnesday- Bowling then dinner with co-workers
    Thursday- REST (Meeting all day and after work)
    Friday- Rock climbing should be ready to climb hard
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i am deffently going to make one of my goals for this week to check in on this board every day !
    For the month of February i am going to commit myself to working out every day and i am liking robins idea of the leslie sansome tapes i might do the same thing ! And i am going to drink more water too !