I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Options

Replies

• Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Just eat 1 or 2 a day, plan it or whatever. No need to deprive yourself. I bought 3 boxes and they're gonna last me a long time. And if they don't they fit into my macros anyway. :)
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    If you bought them, and you don't want them just pawn them off on someone else.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I want to get hit up for GS cookies. I was a girl scout until I was in college. I LOVE cookie season.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    4 Thin Mints

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size
    4 cookies (32.0 g)
    Calories
    Calories from Fat
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    See how long you can make them last. Make a game of it.

Or allow yourself only one per day. Have some fun with it. Don't make it something dreadful. Mine lasted all the way to July (6 boxes).
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    my kid is selling them this year, i wass obligated to buy!!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I offered to buy four boxes... any flavor... IF and ONLY IF the little girl scout would donate them. I gave the family ideas such as taking them to an old folks home, mailing them to soldiers stationed overseas, and so on. They LOVED the idea. I LOVE showing my support, but I don't want it on my lips or my hips.... hahaha...
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:

omg why would you put this picture on here right now. this is killing me. i need that somoa.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I offered to buy four boxes... any flavor... IF and ONLY IF the little girl scout would donate them. I gave the family ideas such as taking them to an old folks home, mailing them to soldiers stationed overseas, and so on. They LOVED the idea. I LOVE showing my support, but I don't want it on my lips or my hips.... hahaha...

That is so sweet! I'll be sure to think of this next time a little girl comes by and offers me some. Brilliant idea, no clue why I hadn't thought of it before.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this topic, my husband has ordered me a box of thin mints...
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options

That is so sweet! I'll be sure to think of this next time a little girl comes by and offers me some. Brilliant idea, no clue why I hadn't thought of it before.

No problem. Happy to help!! :flowerforyou:
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We put them in the freezer and have a few. I have to support the girls in my school, but I could have just donated money now that I think about it. However, I know I will stay on track more if I will allow myself to have a few on the weekend. I also ordered some to share with my students.
  • amberdust
    Options
    only eat the serving size. they last forever (mine lasted over ayear in a sealed container) and they're only 150 calories for the serving size. that way you can enjoy them EVERY day. instead of in one day then have a sour stomache and alot of guilt/=
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Everything in moderation!!!!!!
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do what I do every year. I always order a ridiculous amount from my 3 nieces. I keep a box of my fave, and give the rest to coworkers. I don't freak out about gs cookies though, or any junk food. I mostly keep it healthy. if it's something I really want, and I have the calorie allowance, I'll eat it. if I don't, I pass.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yummm! Samoas are the best cookie ever, I can't wait to buy some :) I'll just have to have no more than one serving a day....
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I bought some from my neice and when they came in I told my neice and sister to deliver them to a soup kitchen, hospital or to someone less fortunate. I would have but if they came in the door I would have morphed into the cookie monster.
  • Momto32010
    Momto32010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bought them from my neighbors daughter. When I get them they are going straight to my local food pantry :smile:
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought some from my neice and when they came in I told my neice and sister to deliver them to a soup kitchen, hospital or to someone less fortunate. I would have but if they came in the door I would have morphed into the cookie monster.

I like this idea. I know a couple other posters have mentioned it as well. donating sounds better than giving to my coworkers
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a Girl Scout Leader of 20 girls Next week I will have a garage full of 287 Cases of cookies!!! Talk about will power!!!!! Man this is going to be hard!!!!