Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Very nicely stated. :drinker:
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    On a serious note: I agree with you completely! I never deprive myself of anything, I eat what I want, just less of it.

I now really want a 40g bag of Doritos with a whole pot of low fat houmous!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great post. Except that Doritos are meth. I haven't bought them in years, because I know I can't stop eating them once the bag is open. If I go to a party where they have Doritos out, I'll be the lady scraping the cheese dust out of the bowl when all the chips are gone.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Evidently, binge eating on a single food was never your issue.

Yes, it actually was my issue. That's the whole point of this to me, to work through my issues and learn from them rather than hide from them the rest of my life. Learning that food is not comfort is my biggest mind block to fight though.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Nor were the ???????????? of cheese pizza I ate Saturday :noway:
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    While I do agree with your stance, in how it applies to me, I also recognize that I'm not in someone elses mind or body. I don't have food fear, but I do understand the power of addiction. Food addiction does not apply to me. That in no way makes me believe it can't apply to someone else.
  • freshstart14
    freshstart14 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Agreed! But I may or may not be eating spaghettios later so I am clearly not an authority on anything.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    TOTES AGREE! sadly the people who do freak out are the ones who don't stick with MFP or view it as a diet and not a lifestyle change. Completely banning yourself from junk food is not always feasible and why should it be?! I have lost 40lbs and I did not do by giving up alcohol or the occasional ice cream or fast food. I do work out extra on days I know Ill be in a party food situation, or if Im going out to the bars, etc...but thats life!
  • lismchp
    lismchp Posts: 10
    Options
    There’s no shifty dudes hanging out in the alley trying to sell you Cheetos

I love it.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Hot Cheetos. They will haunt me for the rest of my life.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great post. I still have chips and pop, stuff like that in my house. If I want a serving then I eat it and go about my day. It is when I eat the whole darn bag or bottle that I am in trouble. But that doesn't happen anymore so I am happy.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Eat Doritos in moderation? Unpossible!

Seriously. It's not even remotely likely.

So yeah, avoiding food which so easily defeats one's willpower is a good life choice.

I'm going to venture a guess that if you're letting Doritos have so much power over you that you can't eat them in moderation, you need to work on your willpower.

You are choosing the lazy way, and you are not making lifelong-sustainable choices.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

If someone brings cupcakes into my work, and I decide I’d like one – I eat it, I think “What a delicious cupcake.”, log it as best as I can in my food journal and continue with my day. I never think about it again, I don’t skip dinner or do an extra workout or pray to the Weight Loss God. I don’t shiver and sob on my bathroom floor while rubbing Sensa crystals all over my body

I think I love you.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    EXTREMELY LOUD CLAPPING!!!!!!!

This!

Own your eating!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don’t shiver and sob on my bathroom floor while rubbing Sensa crystals all over my body. I ate a cupcake, I didn’t hit someone with my car and keep driving, so why should I feel guilty?

:laugh:

I get so annoyed with the same thing. Please stop having a one person pity party over eating something you think you shouldn't have. Just don't eat a dozen and be cool. I ate 4 slices of Chuckie Cheese Pizza on my son's b-day. I said, yum yum yum, and that was it.

I know people who literally give up on their whole diet after given in to a small binge. I always just roll my eyes and say "Give me a break!" :huh:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I see what you're saying, but we each have to find our own way through the minefield of temptation. There are certain things I don't buy because I don't want to be eating them, and I know if they're here, I will rationalize having just a little, which as often as not turns into a lot.

It does annoy me how easily people throw around the word "addiction". It does not mean "love so much that I can't resist", but I have to admit it's accepted common usage for the word. It shouldn't be.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    True, but everyone has that one food that is their 'kryptonite".
    I used to have a seriously hard time with portion control, and had no self control over anything.

Then I had to go gluten free. HAD TO. Then I learned self control. Baby steps, right? Now its cheese. I freaking love cheese, but I'm baby stepping into controlling it. I still eat it, but its not in EVERY MEAL.

Man, I used to get this frozen veggie meal? I thought it was soooo good for me. Voila or something? Noodles, veggies, cheese sauce? Then I'd add more cheese. I justified it cause it had veggies in it. Then I'd eat the entire bag. By myself.

Its about making good choices, and sometimes the best choice is to not give yourself the choice.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Hot Cheetos. They will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I can never find these. Maybe they don't exist in Canada? I really want to try them.
This discussion has been closed.