1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• pbekkerh
    pbekkerh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1230 for a month and don't find it hard. Mind you I get about +900 kcal from the burned fat everyday :-)
    I eat what I used to, just less (maybe more salad and vegetables and less butter and cheese orientated).

4 kg lost in 5 weeks.

There is a big advantage to this diet. You learn to appreciate food again.

I'm really looking forward or directly plan some days where I can eat two biscuits or a cheese sandwich or an ice-cream.
    Because its so rare, I really enjoy it. Before I never thought much of it, just ate it.

It seams like we humans always have to be deprived of something before we learn to appreciate it.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i was but i put my goal up so i can burn more and lose more, i have only gone over my cals once and i dont plan on doing that again
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That would be a super small girl. Most of the girls I eat fall in the range of 350,000 to 600,000 calories.
    Bahahahahaha..... Nice!!!
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing....both groups in this argument have a point. I think the Eat More police is being a bit childish however.

I agree with eating more, but that is because I find a body type that is muscular is more sexy then one that is very soft and squishy...it is a personal preference. I know many girls...my girlfriend included who prefer their body to be soft and think any sight of muscles on a girl to be gross and manly.....again while I dont agree and think girls with abs and slight definition is sexy...it is still her and their opinion.

By eating more and losing slower, you retain more lean body mass while working out to still have muscles when you get lean.
    By eating less and losing faster, you lose more lean body mass while working out because your body has to go to muscles and break them down for food you are not putting into you body by way of calories.

Again, the 2nd option there could be perfectly acceptable to anyone who cares very little about muscles....however this 2nd option would be devestating to the Eat More crowd and they preach the 1st option. To each their own.

I think both of you need to calm down and have people make their own decisions.

But then how will they troll and tell everybody they dont eat enough and they are doing it wrong and all they will do is shrivel up and die bc they are in starvation mode?!?! PLUS THEY ARE SKINNY FAT! lol they have to puff their chest out somehow and tell everybody how much better they are!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, I also workout 3-5 times a week either in the gym or at home doing the 30 day shred. I usually do my workouts in the evening after I eat dinner and get my kiddo to bed, so by the time I do my workouts I have maxed out my calories and then burn a ton. MFP is telling me that I am not getting adequate nutrition, but the point of working out is to burn some of what you eat, right? I shouldn't be eating back up to 1200 after I work out, right? Helllllp!!!

The thing is, MFP has already built in a deficit to your total. so 1200 is WITH a deficit built in....working out is giving you an even FURTHER deficit. Those calories you need to eat back, hence why your values will go up after you enter your workout into MFP. You want calories to end at 0 every day perferably.

So yes, eat your exercise calories back...MFP was designed to lose you weight without exercise.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    I've been doing 1200 for 3 weeks now.. i find it hard to stay in my sugar im always over in sugar .. what are you girls eating

I have such a hard time with sugar! I'm also a 1200 cal. per day girl. Is the sugar proportional to your caloric intake? I find I use half my sugar just eating a banana! It's crazy!

Yes, agreed I'm exercising every day. It's hard to stay under if I'm not exercising.
  • Jessymyn
    Options
    I set my total for 1200. Now that I'm actually watching what I eat and logging it all, it seems like a lot of food--since you should eat back exercise calories to reach the 1200. Under-eating every day can be just as bad as pigging out on a bag of Oreos and a bowlful of Lay's. Without enough nourishment, your body will stop using fat for energy and will turn to your muscle--not a good thing.
  • FuneralForMyFat
    Options
    1200 cal girl here, im never hungry or starving and I work out 6 days a week :)
  • poebug
    poebug Posts: 2
    Options
    Candy bars are horrible for you! what are you talking about
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

saw those too. quit it already. the sad realization thread was stupid. she's at a healthy body fat percentage now and just wants a reason to whine about nothing.

U like stalking these threads & getting all defensive about it when people try to give others a little knowledge about what they're doing to their bodies, don't you?
    The sad realization thread wasn't stupid...it was a true story. Just because she is at a healthy body fat %, doesn't mean she can't complain. She lost quite a bit of muscle from the beginning, that was the whole point. And while it's true that you will lose some muscle while eating a deficit no matter what, eating enough calories & protein will keep it to a minimal.
  • Bensmommylis
    Options
    I have been eating the same foods you mentioned and staying at or slightly under 1200 calories for the last month, lost 15 lbs and feel great! I did have a slip up on Sunday and ate some ice cream, while I was eating it I asked myself why because it didn't taste as good as I remember. I have plenty of energy, feel full and not sad at all (like some people mentioned)
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing....both groups in this argument have a point. I think the Eat More police is being a bit childish however.

I agree with eating more, but that is because I find a body type that is muscular is more sexy then one that is very soft and squishy...it is a personal preference. I know many girls...my girlfriend included who prefer their body to be soft and think any sight of muscles on a girl to be gross and manly.....again while I dont agree and think girls with abs and slight definition is sexy...it is still her and their opinion.

By eating more and losing slower, you retain more lean body mass while working out to still have muscles when you get lean.
    By eating less and losing faster, you lose more lean body mass while working out because your body has to go to muscles and break them down for food you are not putting into you body by way of calories.

Again, the 2nd option there could be perfectly acceptable to anyone who cares very little about muscles....however this 2nd option would be devestating to the Eat More crowd and they preach the 1st option. To each their own.

I think both of you need to calm down and have people make their own decisions.

But then how will they troll and tell everybody they dont eat enough and they are doing it wrong and all they will do is shrivel up and die bc they are in starvation mode?!?! PLUS THEY ARE SKINNY FAT! lol they have to puff their chest out somehow and tell everybody how much better they are!

Fanaticism at its finest is what it is. They believe so hard that it becomes the absolute truth, to them anyone who doesnt want a muscular body is wrong so why do things wrong? I've learned (the hard way by upseting my girlfriend) that there are different camps of thought and that some honestly find muscles unattractive....so took me a bit to wrap my head around this but I can understand her hesitation to eat more and exercise more because shes afraid she will get "bulky".
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    1200 cal girl here, im never hungry or starving and I work out 6 days a week :)

how much LBM have you lost since starting this 1200 calorie diet? do you know? do you have starting measurements for BF% and current measurements?
  • jenniferp04
    jenniferp04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 cals and it's not so bad. I usually fall somewhere between 1100 and 1200. The only time it sucks is if you decide to have a rare splurge and then one good food messes up all your cals for the day. However, I dont run into that most days.

Typical food day for me is egg whites and 35 calorie toast every morning (sometimes with a glass of chocolate almond milk), either salads, veggies, turkey sandwiches, soups or black bean burgers for lunch and dinner is usually some small portioned entree with a side salad. If I want dessert, I love the Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt or a cup of strawberries with a drizzle of light chocolate syrup.
  • Jessymyn
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, I also workout 3-5 times a week either in the gym or at home doing the 30 day shred. I usually do my workouts in the evening after I eat dinner and get my kiddo to bed, so by the time I do my workouts I have maxed out my calories and then burn a ton. MFP is telling me that I am not getting adequate nutrition, but the point of working out is to burn some of what you eat, right? I shouldn't be eating back up to 1200 after I work out, right? Helllllp!!!

I've been told by personal trainers and nutritionists that having a protein shake (pureed fruit & protein) within 30 minutes after you work out is super good for your muscles (and your diet).

You should be netting 1200 after eating back workout calories--so this would be a good alternative to adding another meal or snack.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Here!
  • claremac27
    Options
    I started a couple of weeks ago. I'm finding it pretty easy BUT I think that is because I start the day off each day with a green smoothie consisting of: 3 cups baby spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup berries, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 2tbsp Chia seeds along with about 6oz water. It comes in at around 485 calories, but gives me a ton of energy for the day. I have a light lunch and then eat whatever I want for dinner just keep an eye on the portion size and the time I'm eating. I rarely feel hungry and my energy levels are good. I've given up all juices/sodas etc and stick to water and one cup of black coffee a day.
    If I work out I make sure to eat the equivalent calories because 1200/day is the minimun needed for vital organs etc., to function properly. If you're consistently coming in way under 1200 your body is not getting adequate nutrition and your weight loss efforts will be negitively impacted.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    This is how much MFP told me to eat so don't give me any @#$% about it!
  • Bensmommylis
    Options

I've been told by personal trainers and nutritionists that having a protein shake (pureed fruit & protein) within 30 minutes after you work out is super good for your muscles (and your diet).

You should be netting 1200 after eating back workout calories--so this would be a good alternative to adding another meal or snack.

That is what I have heard, I guess I'll try a smoothie after my workouts then. Thanks
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I typically have a boiled egg and two slices of center cut 30% less fat bacon for breakfast and coffee. Snack is a piece of fruit. Lunch is typically leftovers (meat and a veggie) - sometimes a snack in the afternoon sometimes not. Lara bars are a good snack and seem healthy. Dinner is meat and a veggie. I can even have a glass or two of wine and stay at/under 1200. I truly believe the protein keeps me full. If I eat a large salad with a lot of delicious veggies, I'm hungry in two hours. Add protein to it and I'm good. When I'm good about the gym, I do eat back some of the cals burned, but typically not all of them (1/2 maybe?). Only grains I'm eating are brown rice and that's maybe weekly. Staying away from bread right now. And the Lara bars are keeping me away from 3 musketeer bars when I get a hankerin' :-)
This discussion has been closed.