ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Burn 3 done-zo! I can barely finish all the reps at the end of that program. I did the ab burner when I was done as well. I'm glad I picked this program up!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm home. Finally found the ChaLEAN Extreme thread I've been looking for... :D
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    i completed week 2 this morning. i love this workout and love the burn intervals.

this is the workout i have been looking for. i can do the weight lifting (minus pullups) workouts for P90x but nothing else. the modified versions that are demonstrated have been a huge plus for me. i'm actually doing burpees for the first time in 20 years.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So I just ordered the DVD's . I will check back with you all once I get them and start using them.
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options
    Ok I've switched around my schedule since FI was complaining all I cared about was doing my videos and not helping out around the house (which is a lie...but I digress)...so I started for 1st day working on in morning before work and man was it hard. I noticed I was more tired...struggle more through the workout and have been dragging butt all day. I realized I needed more sleep but other than that will it get easier to get out of bed and do a good workout in the mornings? Has anyone noticed a difference in the quality of the workout in morning vs afternoon/evening? Just curious...I'm a bit resentful I have to get up early to do this but I refuse to give it up- as Chalene says, you deserve the time for you to do it!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    l
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    okay, so now another member on MFP and i have been discussing the body fat testing. How accurate is the body fat testing with the calipers on CheLEAN extreme...do you guys take measurements anywhere else other than above your hip bone. Of course, now I think about the accuracy of it when I only have 2 1/2 weeks left of the program!!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ok I've switched around my schedule since FI was complaining all I cared about was doing my videos and not helping out around the house (which is a lie...but I digress)...so I started for 1st day working on in morning before work and man was it hard. I noticed I was more tired...struggle more through the workout and have been dragging butt all day. I realized I needed more sleep but other than that will it get easier to get out of bed and do a good workout in the mornings? Has anyone noticed a difference in the quality of the workout in morning vs afternoon/evening? Just curious...I'm a bit resentful I have to get up early to do this but I refuse to give it up- as Chalene says, you deserve the time for you to do it!

I had this problem where I needed more time in the evenings for other things (family events, household chores, fun time). I felt like I was getting home from work, working out, then doing chores and then time for bed. So I made it a goal to start getting up early in the AM (5am) to get my workouts on before I had to get ready for work. Now, I actually prefer it. I have to go to bed at 10pm in order to feel rested enough. But, I ended up getting off my plateau doing that. I was at a plateau for 4 months and then I started working out in the morning (which also gave me more calories for the day since I was up for much longer), and I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. It was crazy! My metabolism has sky-rocketed and I have so much more energy for the day. Plus, now I can use my evenings to do fun things, and getting my workout in the morning helps me to avoid the days where I get home from work and "I just don't feel like it". Hope it works for you! I think having personal time to be able to work out is so important as well.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    oops, double post!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    okay, so now another member on MFP and i have been discussing the body fat testing. How accurate is the body fat testing with the calipers on CheLEAN extreme...do you guys take measurements anywhere else other than above your hip bone. Of course, now I think about the accuracy of it when I only have 2 1/2 weeks left of the program!!!

I don't have the skinfold calipers, but I did get it done at a Wellness Center at the local University. They measured in 3 places: about 3 inches above the hip (stomach), mid tricep & mid center thigh. They took the body fat at each of those places to get a total body fat percentage. They said that the test runs a margin of error of 1-3%. So, its not too far off. But, its a good number to track. I would recommend having someone who is skilled to know what they are doing to minimize the amount of error in the testing. I had someone test me once (as part of their Exercise degree) and their number was wayyy higher than what the instructor performed on me. (They had to have the instructor do it also to make sure they were doing it correctly and got the same numbers as the instructors). Anyways, good luck! Body fat % is a great way to measure fitness. A lot better than the BMI. Did the calipers come with your CE kit??
  • crking
    Options
    Yes! They came with the program but it only suggests taking the measurement above the hip so I have been....... I want to stick to that number since it's saying I've lost 11%!! lol
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have a hand-held body fat analyzer (Omron HBF-306 Body Fat Analyzer) and it and the calipers that came with CE seem to be pretty close together. My BMI says I'm like 33% body fat, but the others say I'm about 28-29%. So I guess they've been pretty accurate for me as far as I know.

But congrats to you for losing 11%! That's great!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    We're gonna get the Bod Pod done since it's only $35. You an look it up on the website to see if there is a university near you that can test you. That's one of the more accurate ways to test your body fat.
  • crking
    Options
    I believe my gym, Urban Active, does testing BUT..everything there costs a crap load. I think I'll settle for now lol Thanks guys!
  • crking
    Options
    okay, so i kind of cheated today...well not really... Today is suppose to be my Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs for week 2 of the Lean phase. Well, this morning I woke up feeling pretty good and decided to go to Turbo Kick since I finally have time to go! After Turbo Kick is a 15 min ab workout... Needless to say, I got the best workout, burning 1054 cals.. So i decided I am not going to do the burn intervals today since I don't want to over due myself. I don't think it's really that bad.. so I guess I didn't really cheat!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    As long as your exercising I think you're doing fine!
  • sam4sure
    Options

I had this problem where I needed more time in the evenings for other things (family events, household chores, fun time). I felt like I was getting home from work, working out, then doing chores and then time for bed. So I made it a goal to start getting up early in the AM (5am) to get my workouts on before I had to get ready for work. Now, I actually prefer it. I have to go to bed at 10pm in order to feel rested enough. But, I ended up getting off my plateau doing that. I was at a plateau for 4 months and then I started working out in the morning (which also gave me more calories for the day since I was up for much longer), and I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. It was crazy! My metabolism has sky-rocketed and I have so much more energy for the day. Plus, now I can use my evenings to do fun things, and getting my workout in the morning helps me to avoid the days where I get home from work and "I just don't feel like it". Hope it works for you! I think having personal time to be able to work out is so important as well.
    Thanks for the comment...it is just hard starting something new...but I know in the end it will be worth it like you said it gives you more time for everything in the evenings...you don't take the chance of not doing it if you are up and have done it in the morning, too. Will just keep on...and hope I get used to it and not feel so tired.
  • sam4sure
    Options

Thanks for the comment...it is just hard starting something new...but I know in the end it will be worth it like you said it gives you more time for everything in the evenings...you don't take the chance of not doing it if you are up and have done it in the morning, too. Will just keep on...and hope I get used to it and not feel so tired.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I did Lean Circuit 3 yesterday and my arms are still feeling it! I really like the Lean circuit. I feel like it's MUCH more challenging, but the reslts should be that much more rewarding. I know in the other phases I couldn't feel my abs much after the workouts until I did the special ab exercises, but in Lean I can feel that they've been worked for sure! I'm really glad I got this program. :happy:
  • cpatt
    cpatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Do you eat before you work out? I have been thinking about switching to morning workouts, but wasn't sure about timing breakfast.

Cassie