What do you do while you execise?

Options

Replies

• angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you are seeing results while rapidly walking on a treadmill, please let me know!! This actually sounds fun. :D

I do HIIT on the treadmil -- walking -- but the speed and high incline not only sheds the wt because of the high heart rate, but builds the muscle because of the incline. I've lots 10lbs in 23 days and my overall goal is 30lbs. Shedding it pretty quick and I was only aiming for 1lb/wk
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I will admit it, I use an elliptical and a stationary bike simply because I can read my nook and exercise at the same time.

People talk about women not wanting to lift because of fear of bulking up..BWAHHHH.. in my case its because I cannot read.

(And not accepting criticism for either, it makes me happy and is better than not exercising)
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What do you do while you workout?

If I'm on the treadmil, then I watch my favorite shows -- in the mornings there are actually music videos!! Say WHAAAAAT???!!! haha

If I'm doing a different type of workout (ie TaeBo, Jillian Michaels, P90x), I can't think of ANYTHING but what I'm doing. I really try to focus on whatever the muscle group/goal is --- to make that mind/body connection! :)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i knit scarves. LMAO!

seriously, while running on the treadmill i watch either the food network or E
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    If I am doing cardio, hopefully I am working too hard to watch TV or read. I usually listen to music or I also find audiobooks a good distraction because you don't have to use your eyes. Current audiobook/distractor for long workouts - Tina Fey's Bossypants (read by her = hilarious).

I don't understand this. I work out hard while doing cardio and I have no problem keeping my eyes on my phone while watching netflix

<<<<< Hard worker over here
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I stare at a paint chip on the wall in front of the treadmill. Sometimes I try to heal it with my mind. No luck yet.

hahaha
  • jaybird110
    jaybird110 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love to put my phone on the treadmill, hook up the headphones and watch/listen to upbeat, fast-paced music videos.
  • Kimberley197222
    Kimberley197222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to NJ Classic House Music on my Ipod . . . . It's the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Netflix while doing cardio. I watch thriller/action stuff. It's funny but I have noticed I'm kicking it harder when there is action stuff going on in the show.....
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Sweat.

And sometimes I rage internally when this happens

KcPQHGr.jpg
  • meganbook
    Options
    When I'm on the elliptical I love watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix :-)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have movies on my phone.
    My mornings start off with 20 minutes of stair master while watching a movie.
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had wi-fi. I would love to watch netflix on cardio days. I get bored so easily.
  • caffeinified
    caffeinified Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually read on my Kindle. It makes it feel like the time moves along faster. :)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    While on the treadmill or the bike I watch Netflix, makes the time go by and I am not looking at the time either.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I close my eyes and pray it will be over soon. lol

I just spit my water at the screen :laugh:
  • mrshilarybrown
    Options
    I watch TV & listen to music...and try not to die!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run outside, and when I do, I listen to music.

When I run on my treadmill, I sometimes watch TV, but I have to line the treadmill up perfectly with the TV, which is mounted on the wall at about eye level while standing. I run between 8-9 minute miles, and can watch TV okay. I can't read while I run though.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    At the gym I listen to my ipod. When I am doing the Jillian dvds I listen to her yelling at me..and sometimes I yell back :tongue: :wink:
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I listen to fantastic music and read books on my e-reader. :smile: