What do you pay for your gym?

Options

Replies

• osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    About 11 Euros a month for the gym, nothing else. If I wasn't doing Stronglifts, I'd just work out at home for free, but I like my gym, so it's not too bad!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    26 a month for my gym. That's it :)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hmm.... I think this is going to make me sad, but I participate in a sport:

$40/month for a gym membership.
    $40/month for protein supplement (ish - it is the only one I have found that doesn't make me feel sick, and is $60/tub)

But then also for paddling and adventure races, I estimate:

$400/yr for sport specific coaching and training fees
    about $1000/yr for racing events, travel, entry fees
    about $1000/yr for clothing, equipment, etc

Those are all low estimates.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    19.99/month. For that I can go to other planet fitnesses, use the tanning booth (no thanks) and the massage chairs (good after I lift).

I used to pay 9.99/month but I upgraded to the "Black card" for the extra gyms and the exercise chairs.

My local PF is seconds away and it's 7/24 so I am happy with it.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    I pay 15.99 for gym membership. I just figured out how to get YouTube on Wii so I've been trying out a variety of exercise videos. I really like Fit For Duty on the Pentagon channel. They have a lot of different videos taught by military personnel who are certified trainers, no frills, and no made up non- sweating celebrity hosts, just service women and men. I love it!

I use Nature's Bounty Protein Shake mix which just went up to 17.99 on amazon.com.
  • joe3166
    Options
    World Gym - Kitchener $10.00/month
    Includes all classes
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I pay a one time fee of $75 for a 24 hour membership and that lasts for the length of my lease (13 months). Our complex does not have a gym so they partnered with the local gym so we have one.
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    $10/month. Planet Fitness. Really like it!
  • scottelle
    scottelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work out with Gilad on FitTv for free. Every day. Light on my pocket book and he's easy on the eyes!! (well..not free, I guess. We do pay a monthly cable bill:-)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    My gym is $38 per month. I spend $0 on fitness. I am not a big believer in supplements etc. I feel if you can eat a well balanced diet and you are getting all your nutrients thru food there really is no reason to spend extra on supplements.

me too, $38- my gym is huge and has a womens only area, sauna and steam rooms in both of the womens changerooms, also full access to a pool and hot tub. my gym also offers tons of group fitness classes and aquabics. i also pay for child care which is $128 for 4 moths of unlimited time- this is a must for me, or id never go to the gym, i wouldnt be able to. so...aside from a good pair of shoes, i havent spent much more on fitness...i also have a pair of boxing gloves and a gym bag, but i hardley count that as a major expense-because the get enough use :) . i do however buy fitness assesment packages from my gym which i can use whenever i want. you get 4 for just over $100...its worth it to me to see my progress, or lack there of, on paper. its nice to look back on from time to time to remind me of how far ive come and not to get discouraged....it can also have the reverse effect if no change has happened, but im finding it to do more good than harm, so i keep with it.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    $60---but they have a million exercise classes.
  • elorawood
    elorawood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We pay 720 pesos which is about $56 per month for a family membership. They have a tennis court, pool, sauna, hot tub etc, private training and some classes. I also do some exercise videos on youtube and have a few DvDs at home (but I find those at sales, so it´s not an amount that I spend every month). We don´t do supplements but instead invest the money in fresh, nutritious foods (Hmm I would say $300ish/ month for two). Oh, also, you mentioned your workout clothe - there is a Canadian brand (Tuff Athletics) for Sports clothe they sell at Costco - it is a lot cheaper than big brand names and super comfortable - I really like them. I buy some new pieces every ones in a while.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys pay a lot for membership!

Mines about $30 a month, that includes all fitness classes and programs

I probably spend around 50 a month on supplements, new workout gear, the ocassional pt session etc if you worked it out over a year
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking, that is a lot..I pay 28 a month..and 45.00 on Protein powder ..a big bag from Costco usually last me 2 months
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    They all seem very high my local fit space is 13 pounds a month
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    $88/mth for the family membership. It includes access to all locations as well as childcare. The childcare has classes within it broken down by age so the kids stay fit as well. Also includes classes, workshops, racquetball, basketball and the pools (one of the locations has water slides in the kids pools and a water fun area outside that are great in the summer).
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I pay: $38 month for gym membership
    $15 month for protein powder
    $49 month for cage fitness class - there are classes at my gym, but I like this class so much that it's worth it to me to pay extra.

So, my total is $102.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    when i called 24 hour fitness they said its 80 JUST TO START

38 monthly

and if i want personal training classes 150 for 3 sessions... I was like nah

Ill buy my own machines thats sooo expensive!! no way.. so now I work out in my house lol.. untill I get money for an ellipitical
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Used to be $37, it was an amazing gym. Couldn't afford it. Now mine's only $17.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    $0 for one gym, $100 for 10 drop-in sessions at my CrossFit gym.

I look like a college kid still so I get into the local university gym for free. Its awesome, lots of cardio fiends so I rarely have to fight for a power rack :)

Groceries typically are like $100 for one week out of the month to stock up again on meat, $25-50 for the rest of the weeks of the month.

Protein, well, I was paying like $15-20/lb of whey isolate, now I pay about $9/lb of a protein blend with additional flavorings at <$1.00/lb.