Starvation mode is not a myth - WARNING!!!

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    untitled2_zpsb8713375.png

imagesCAJN252Y_zps14a7e84b.jpg
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Made my morning...thanks! Hmmm...wonder whats in the kitchen....
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOL actually.... I just had major, kick *kitten* surgery and I am still a little vague.... Re-reading it now I see it was a joke. Sense of humor slowly returning. :bigsmile:
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is true people. There are people dropping every minute as they have been either fasting or waiting too long to eat after a workout. You must eat during your workout to avoid this unfortunate condition. I would recommend taking a 3 course meal into the weights room with you. Starter following your warm up, main course mid workout and some cake following your cool down. Too many people are suffering and further pain must be avoided at all costs.

One gym has decided to set up a food stall next to the squat rack following the death of 3 starvation mode athletes in the last 8 days. Hungry athletes were tucking into chicken curries, pastas and bagels between sets.

Be careful people don't say I didn't warn you!!!

:)

Another expert heard from..... :huh: I think you should truly look into what starvation mode is.... and this isn't it. Waiting too long to eat and getting light headed (and even passing out) has more to do with low blood sugar levels. True starvation mode does exist but what you're describing isn't that.

When is your sense of humor coming back from vacay?

Just got it back..... I'm still a little fuzzy from my surgery.... I see now that it was a joke! :bigsmile:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Some of my best weight loss runs have been following a starvation mode week - kicks the metabolism into gear - use fat or die!
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Eat during cardio right? i don't recall Tony horton stopping to let you stuff your face whilst doing the p90x! :sad: maybe i missed that part! :mad:
  • xrayrodgers
    xrayrodgers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    haha love this
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    It is true. I do not have refs to back it up but I studied this in my psychology courses. Basically our body doesn't know the difference between actually starving and "dieting" so it does what it can to help us survive.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What about insulin?

I hear they are trialling a needle bar in some places. When you feel yourself waning, you just pop over and they fill you up. They are being sensible and keeping it away from the food bar though...Food Hygiene reasons :)

hillarious!
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just use a camelback attached to my back with gravy in it. BAM Problem solved

you are my hero!
  • Ermahgerd_Derpina
    Options
    This explains why Planet Fitness has pizza Mondays, cupcakes, and tootsie rolls! Lol
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I usually just bring my hibachi grill and cook up some ribs while I'm doing my first couple sets. When I first started, I had to eat them while still on the rare side, but now I can make it all the way up to medium-well.

I nearly reported this post. Medium well??? How dare you sir. :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    Thats great and all, but everyone comes in here stating that it is and that it isnt. If youre going to make big claims like that, you need to back it up with scientific proof. And by that I mean linking to real references, not some guys blog.
    Wow you have no idea what sarcasm is lol
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    mmmm Krispy Kreme...

mmmmmm...
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    I usually just bring my hibachi grill and cook up some ribs while I'm doing my first couple sets. When I first started, I had to eat them while still on the rare side, but now I can make it all the way up to medium-well.

Luxury! Try eating a chili dog while swimming!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha, Loveeeee this!!!!
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thats great and all, but everyone comes in here stating that it is and that it isnt. If youre going to make big claims like that, you need to back it up with scientific proof. And by that I mean linking to real references, not some guys blog.
    Wow you have no idea what sarcasm is lol

I would go and search google scholar or pub med for evidence but sitting eating my 14th meal of the day
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't work out after 7! You'd drop dead for sure, cause everyone knows you can't eat after 7.