What do you pay for your gym?

Replies

• TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Free..I use the sitting area in my bedroom or the family room..
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    I pay 25$ CAD per month for my gym membership. I used to take dance lessons (45$ per semester). I received my free weights and my 2 Jillian Michaels DVDs as Christmas gifts. I don't buy any protein or shakes.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Wow glad my gym membership isn't as expensive as what seems to be about the general consensus... Mine is $28/mo... all of the cardio machines have their own TV and the whole thing is only about a year and a half old...

I spend between $35-70/mo for RAW meal replacement beyond Organic... depending on whether I only have it for 1 meal a day or 2... I buy it on Ebay... I always get the vanilla and mix with coffee and almond milk and only do 1 scoop of it... sure it kind of tastes like licking the bottom of a dirty fish bowl... but it is the single healthiest 'food' I've EVER seen, so worth it to me for the health benefits... plus maybe it's just me, but even though I can eat cheese ok, I just cannot stomach the aftertaste in Whey protein.
  • I pay $70 a month for MMA classes, and the centre lets you use their cardio and weight equipment any time. I also do P90X at home for free (yay Pirate Bay :tongue: ) .
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    My gym ws $285 up front for the year, works out to $23.75/mo. For that I get a full weight room, machines and free weights, squat rack, smith machines, dumbbells, treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes. 2 full basketball courts with an elevated running track above them (1/12 mile loop). 6 lane lap pool (25 yards) with at least 2 lanes always open for lap swims, and a splash pool for the kiddos (3 ft max depth, with a tube waterslide). They have open swim times as well, which I can use. Not bad for what I pay.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    I go to the YMCA and pay $47 a month and that includes all classes plus 8 hours a week of free child care.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Has anyone heard of IMS Barter?? That is how I pay for my gym membership. It's great. I also pay for my personal training sessions that way. Just dropped $1500 trade dollars on a new 6month program. Please feel free to PM me if you would like more information. Or go to www.imsbarter.com

I am not soliciting, just passing on helpful information. Thank you.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I get access to one gym free from the wife's job.

I pay $10/month for another one.

I have a treadmill and a bunch of weights/equipment in the garage.

I still don't manage to actually work out with any frequency... :-/
  • Retro Fitness: $19.99 per month
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    $19.99/month. Includes everything, gym, pool, classes and tanning.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    $30/month for the gym (cardio, weights, classes, pool, jacuzzi, sauna). This is totally worth it as I go to two Zumba classes and two Yoga classes a week which would probably run me at least $20/week individually. I go through about 2 jugs of protein every 3 months, so that works out to be about $30/month for that. I've spent maybe $80 in the last year on exercise apparel and $130 on shoes (but I would've bought new sneakers anyway).
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    My membership is free (because I work here)...and I spend just under $100 on supplements a month.
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    $10/month for the gym (Planet Fitness!)

$14 for pedometer
    $15 for a home scale
    $40 for Zumba Core game for XBOX Kinect
    $40 for Dance Central for XBOX Kinect
    $150+/month for healthy groceries
    $90 for nice Nike walking shoes (did me well for the Avon walk!)
    $300+ for workout clothing/gear
    $100 for my bike

You get the idea lol. XD Little expenses come up here and there but over time it balances out pretty well.
  • beesknees47
    beesknees47 Posts: 13 Member
    CRUNCH! $9.95 or $19.95 per month per person (depends on extras). Check it out if you have one nearby.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Y'all must be going to the fancy clubs to pay what some of y'all are! I pay $20 a month at my gym, includes all the classes. But I spend probably about $400 a month total on fitness...I see my personal trainer 3X a week, always having to get new workout gear because mine gets too big, and protein powder/bars are PRICEY! Though one does not have to spend that kind of money for their health...but I used to spend that much money a month on going out to eat, drinking, and buying crap I didn't need...so I am okay with it :happy:
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    $26.49/m after tax. That's the cheapest we have here. Looked at one yesterday that would run me $348 for a personal trainer + $44.99/m, but I don't think I'll do that. My gym has the bare minimum right now.

I am going to look at one today with an indoor pool, indoor track, classes, free training help, etc.. I'm guessing it'll be much more than I can afford ($80/m is my estimate).

Edit: As for fitness, I don't spend that much per month. I buy what I need, when I need it. Just bought an HRM for 80 on amazon, I buy new clothes from time to time. I have a pair of $120 sneakers (plantar fasciitis sucks), but I don't have any *good* workout clothes. I spend most of my money on food. I'd love to buy a personal trainer, but I am/will be paying for school out of pocket so that won't be for awhile! :cry:
  • The YMCA by my house is like $165 a year...which isn't bad...they take into consideration how much you make and the cost of your bills and total it and that's what you pay. Honestly I think every gym should do this! Just because you are low on money doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to join a gym. My boyfriend and I are going to join soon :)
  • PhoenixFitLife
    PhoenixFitLife Posts: 229 Member
    $10 A MONTH.... PLANET FITNESS!!!
  • TheGreenHouse6
    TheGreenHouse6 Posts: 3 Member
    Gold's Gym is $19.99/month (Florida).