How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• denakisland
    denakisland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've gotten this to work on Firefox, although even changing it to PP, it isn't matching up with my WW log.
    I'm attempting to make it work on Chrome, and I can if I get it installed under my Chrome extensions, but can't edit for PP, but when I attempt to install it with Tampermonkey (where I can edit it,) I can't get it to run. I'm really hoping I can get this to work, I love different options :)
  • kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It works pretty accurately. Problem is that some foods on MFP aren't entered correctly for all nutrients and therefore the points may be wrong for that reason. The browser you use doesn't make any difference. Also,make sue you are using either the new PP or old PP and set those values accordingly in the script. For new PP, set both lines 10 & 11 to true.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've gotten this to work on Firefox, although even changing it to PP, it isn't matching up with my WW log.
    I'm attempting to make it work on Chrome, and I can if I get it installed under my Chrome extensions, but can't edit for PP, but when I attempt to install it with Tampermonkey (where I can edit it,) I can't get it to run. I'm really hoping I can get this to work, I love different options :)

It definitely calculates the points correctly - the nearest .5 pts. If it isn't matching, you may be selecting an incorrect food item in the MFP database.
  • SoFLpeg
    SoFLpeg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Based on a couple of entries I see using it today I am reluctant to rely on it.

It calculated 3 oz of farm raised salmon, with the nutrients entered in the correct places as 1 point vs 5
    It calculated 113 grams of cottage cheese, entries also correct as -1 points.

It counted the points for fruit, which is ok, I could subtract those if I had to but the first two make it a deal breaker for me.

It doesn't really matter, I don't pay for WW anymore anyway but do follow the WW structure so it would have been a nice to know thing. I already double tracked on both sites for 3 months so have a sense anyway of how the two compare.

Nice idea, needs work.
  • Amylinton
    Amylinton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks so much for posting how to do this :)
  • CM9178
    Options
    Based on a couple of entries I see using it today I am reluctant to rely on it.

It calculated 3 oz of farm raised salmon, with the nutrients entered in the correct places as 1 point vs 5
    It calculated 113 grams of cottage cheese, entries also correct as -1 points.

It counted the points for fruit, which is ok, I could subtract those if I had to but the first two make it a deal breaker for me.

It doesn't really matter, I don't pay for WW anymore anyway but do follow the WW structure so it would have been a nice to know thing. I already double tracked on both sites for 3 months so have a sense anyway of how the two compare.

Nice idea, needs work.

I guarantee you either don't have it showing Points Plus (haven't edited the script correctly), or you aren't entering the correct foods with the correct macros on them.
    I have been using this tool for a year and it has NEVER calculated a points value incorrectly, and certainly not by a difference or 4 points.

I am using the old points, however I just searched the database for "farm raised salmon" and there were a TON of entries, all varying in nutrients entered. I chose one, 3 oz, and it showed it at 4.5 points (not points plus). so that is a clear indication you chose the wrong entry in the database if it is calculating it as 1 point. It can only calculate the points based on the nutrients the way they are entered, so if they are wrong, the points will be calculated wrong - but the SCRIPT itself works perfectly and is completely accurate.
    And yes, it is going to calculate points plus for the "free" fruits and veggies" because they still have a caloric value. If you don't want to count the points for them, don't enter them, or just subtract that number from your daily total. But at least that way you can see how many points worth of "free" fruits and veggies you are consuming on a daily basis.
    If you share your diary with me, I can take a look to see what you are doing wrong.
  • jodybarrett
    jodybarrett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CM9178
    Options
    deleted
  • love811
    love811 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for this for some time now!! Glad I finally found it!!
  • amazinglywell
    Options
    This is awesome. I entered several days of journals into MFP and it calculated everything correctly.
    I found one thing wrong (I thought), but when I double checked it seemed I had entered the NI wrong into the WW site.

I need to find a simple way to track my weekly and AP. I know I can use the notes section here...anybody else do something different?
  • CM9178
    Options

I need to find a simple way to track my weekly and AP. I know I can use the notes section here...anybody else do something different?
    I'm not sure what you are referring to?
  • kabertrand63
    Options

I think she means that WW gives you AP that roll over for a week if you set it that way and the additional weekly allowance, I love that about WW but there isn't any way for MFP to track that. That's a WW special :) I just sort of do it in my head...:smile:
  • roman109
    Options
    Bump
  • CM9178
    Options

I think she means that WW gives you AP that roll over for a week if you set it that way and the additional weekly allowance, I love that about WW but there isn't any way for MFP to track that. That's a WW special :) I just sort of do it in my head...:smile:
    sorry, I'm having a brain lapse. What is AP?
  • wait1966
    Options
    I am a technophobe! and can,t follow how to load the ww stuff to link into my mfp- so this is my question_ i bought march edition of ww mag today (UK) and got a freeww choccie bar with a pro points value of 2- about how many calories is it? i am feeling very vituous as i have put it away as i can't track it! Please put me out of my misery! Thank-you.
  • CM9178
    Options
    I am a technophobe! and can,t follow how to load the ww stuff to link into my mfp- so this is my question_ i bought march edition of ww mag today (UK) and got a freeww choccie bar with a pro points value of 2- about how many calories is it? i am feeling very vituous as i have put it away as i can't track it! Please put me out of my misery! Thank-you.
    does the label list the nutritional information???
  • kabertrand63
    Options

AP is activity points.
  • CM9178
    Options

AP is activity points.

OOOOOH ok, sorry I never heard it referred to as AP and I couldn't make the connection.
    I've never used activity points, when I used to exercise I wouldn't bother eating those points because it was usually minimal, like 1 or 2 points.
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    Oh, I LIKE to eat my APs :)
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump