My wife is at it again

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Also, I wasn't actually aware the OP was joking until I read the comments saying that for him. Why is it that one out of every three threads on here is "joking" and anyone who takes it too "seriously" immediately gets flamed for "not having a sense of humor", when there was no actual context given to explain that? They're not called "Sarcasm Boards", and until they are, these "facetious" threads are getting tiresome.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Your wife shouldn't be expected to cook your meals. Make your own food. It's 2013! Women and men are equal and capable of taking care of themselves.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You need to ask her why she is sabotaging your efforts. You are not the problem - SHE is the problem. I have a mother-in-law like this. If I tell her I'm counting calories she serves me bigger portions. Some people just feel threatened. Is your wife overweight? On the other side of the coin - maybe she means well and doesn't know any better.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Breakfast?! My god, what does she serve for dinner?

Also, man up and make yourself a healthy breakfast.

Amen! ..
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of all these threads about spouses who somehow control what you eat, how you feel about yourself, your thinking etc etc. and now we have a man who can't even cook for himself. Honestly you need to man up, take responsibility for your own happiness, and for your own health. Grow a pair for goodness sakes! And not only that, anyone who thinks steak and advocado is bad for you is just odd. Yeah actually I think you are odd and I'm tired of this argument. Carry on!!!
    I agree. Odd. You and your wife.

And I love it. And need to get in my car and drive east.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    FERD!!!!!!
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    First off quit Bit@@ing..Just ask your wife to cook you a leaner piece of Steak and a smaller portion...Im sure she is a great Cook...SKip the Mash...and eat no yolk eggs instead... not that hard...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Also, I wasn't actually aware the OP was joking until I read the comments saying that for him. Why is it that one out of every three threads on here is "joking" and anyone who takes it too "seriously" immediately gets flamed for "not having a sense of humor", when there was no actual context given to explain that? They're not called "Sarcasm Boards", and until they are, these "facetious" threads are getting tiresome.

Because this section is called "chit-chat, fun, and games" and is for "chit-chat, fun, and games" I would expect a serious post to be on a board called something like "General Diet and Weightloss Help" or "Food and Nutrition," possitly even "Motivation and Support." I would expect to be able to have fun on a board called "chit-chat, fun, and games."
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love your wife, she's the BOMB!!!! #enjoy
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

Breakfast? Really?
  • sjanney007
    Options
    I'm trying desperately to eat healthy but my wife fed me this for breakfast, steak, mashed potatoes and avocado! Shouldn't I be eating dry toast or something? Is it too much to ask that I eat what everyone else in the house is eating?

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that every now and then....it looks really great by the way. People who eat dry toast and the like every morning will eventually be seen in a crazed frenzy in front of Micky D's one day! :) ... now I'm hungry... :/
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Awww...I get to eat THIS!!!

Ranchero_wBacon.jpg

First, what is that amazing mass of goeyness and, second, where can I get some?
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    Ya'll make me laugh! :laugh:
  • RattlesnakeTrail
    Options
    Number 1: You have to be joking.
    Number 2: In the bizarre case that you're NOT joking....thank her for the amazing breakfast, and then explain to her that you are trying to lose weight. Then eat what you need to eat and stop using her as an excuse.
    Number 3: You HAVE to be joking...right?
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with any of that for breakfast. Portion control!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You should get a divorce so I can marry her!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    What's for dessert?
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Because this section is called "chit-chat, fun, and games" and is for "chit-chat, fun, and games."

There are a lot of people not noticing that up top (you can tell by the seriousness of some of the responses), and I'm sure that's what OP and all these other lurkers want-- they WANT people to take the thread seriously when it's not supposed to be and then proceed to make fun of them for doing so, as if fault can be blamed on them for taking the words at face value. I suppose that's "fun" to some people, but to the rest of us it's just an annoying display of "look at me" behavior.

Notice, when someone posts a serious thread and wants positive feedback and gets upset because they don't get it, everyone jumps on them for not being able to handle all forms of feedback. And yet, when joke threads are posted and THEY get feedback they don't want (i.e. overly serious responses), then it's not their fault, it's everyone else's. Anyone else feel like this is a double standard? Hmm?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    What's for dessert?

Nachos.

Notice, when someone posts a serious thread and wants positive feedback and gets upset because they don't get it, everyone jumps on them for not being able to handle all forms of feedback. And yet, when joke threads are posted and THEY get feedback they don't want (i.e. overly serious responses), then it's not their fault, it's everyone else's. Anyone else feel like this is a double standard? Hmm?

No, not really.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You need to ask her why she is sabotaging your efforts. You are not the problem - SHE is the problem. I have a mother-in-law like this. If I tell her I'm counting calories she serves me bigger portions. Some people just feel threatened. Is your wife overweight? On the other side of the coin - maybe she means well and doesn't know any better.

tumblr_ln77jxgaUQ1qze0nj_zpsc3b0a7a6.gif