What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• fusion777
    Options
    How much more comfortable movie theater and airplane seats are now!

I can't wait for this one!!!

Me Too! I refuse to go on on a plane until I'm not worried I'll have to ask for a belt extension. It was always such a struggle to do the damn' thing up, and also pull down the meal tray properly. I'm REALLY looking forward to that. Theatre and cinema seats are getting bigger anyway, so that's not an issue!

I wish there was a way we could know if we'd fit yet. If my airport had a sample seat and seatbelt sample (like they have for carryon luggage), I'd take a special trip to the airport to test my butt size!

Flying is stressful enough without worrying about the seat and tray too. Can't wait to get these pounds off. Never doing this to myself again!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I no longer feel old,
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My students say I'm nicer. I defnitely feel better because I'm handling the job/life stress with exercise and healthier eating. Wish I could convince some of my fellow teacher co-workers that exercise and healthy eating is not just for loosing weight. It's given me more energy, and I'm happier. Plus, I like being able to fit into my smaller clothes again.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how many people were amazed enough to comment on my weight loss. Usually guys at work that I hardly even knew wouldn't talk to me and then all of a sudden were complimenting my on what a great job I did. I can barely tell that I lost weight. I am not shocked by friends saying to me but people, especially guys that I hardly know or just see occasionally around the hospital where I work go out of their way to say something nice to me about it.
    I also noticed the smaller shoe size.
  • TraceysJourney
    TraceysJourney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awwww instant smile after reading this :)
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It is sooooo much easier to paint my toenails
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Cut myself shaving more thanks to having a bit more 'angular' chin!
  • Mandakat17
    Options
    bump
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Once while shopping I kept seeing a woman out of the corner of my eye. She was making me nervous because I felt like she was following me. After about a alf hour of this I almost ran straight into her!

It was a mirror.

I didn't recognize myself passing all these mirrors. Straight up bizzare. Lol.

Also I went to visit a chiropractor who said something along the lines of "well obviously you're in pretty great shape" referring to my weight. I was like, whoa....
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    How much fun clothes shopping would be. I used to dread the dressing room, now everything looks great and it's so much fun!
  • ReapingMyHarvest
    ReapingMyHarvest Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!!!! Making me all excited and junk! hahaha :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • myturningpoint
    Options
    hope I can share some of these this year :)
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest surprises is how much I like having my picture taken again. I guess I never noticed how much I hid from the camera until looking through photos of my kids and we have lots of pics with kids and daddy but very few with mommy. Now...I'm like "Take our picture!" So happy that I'll have those memories in print now. And hopefully it helps keep me accountable.

^^ THIS
    I hated having my Picture taken when I was really heavy now I've turned into a major Camera *kitten*
    Buying clothes in reg sizes feels pretty Fantastic too
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am loving this thread. Right now I just saw another drop in the scale. I am loving that!
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Negative: My tailbone REALLY hurts when I sit. Well more when I actually get up.

Yep, I have this problem too.

This, occasionally. But worse for me is the hip bones. Every time I run into something with my hip, I've got at least three minutes of hell coming my way. But...it's AWESOME!
  • mayhoops
    Options
    I often crave healthy food, I enjoy exercise (gasp) and I always wanted to have sex again, what!

Ditto!
  • ellyvortex
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds and completely stopped snoring.
  • SRT4twg
    SRT4twg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've always had this problem, size 12,14,16 have never fit me. Junior sizes go 13,15,17 now those fit me :) you should try it. Jean designs are pretty age neutral and the fit is amazing :happy:

I get frustrated with clothes. Always thought when I was smaller it would be easier, but now I obsess more about things looking and fitting right.

I also find I always seem to plateau at a half size so I either have something too big or too small. :(
  • MrsGinaTaylor
    MrsGinaTaylor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!