Options

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    Poor guy's hungry!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

And also the only place where people take an OP at face value. I'd bet a million dollars that the husband asked for better food at least 30 times before finally blowing his lid. This is the reaction of someone that reached their breaking point but still wasn't being heard. There are two unreasonable people in this story, not one

See? I could almost understand if the husband had bought a joint of meat or whatever and some veg, or some other kind of manfood and cooked it up and said that hed like to eat that once in a while.

But what he did was bring in some take away crap (I have since googled nachos - they look like they are crisps with cheese on), and then proceeded to throw a wobbly.

I don't even care what's going on with OP and her husband---- you didn't know what nachos are??? What a sad day! Where are you from and remind me to NEVER come visit!! (KIDDING, BUT SERIOUS---GO MAKE SOME NACHOS)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

And also the only place where people take an OP at face value. I'd bet a million dollars that the husband asked for better food at least 30 times before finally blowing his lid. This is the reaction of someone that reached their breaking point but still wasn't being heard. There are two unreasonable people in this story, not one

See? I could almost understand if the husband had bought a joint of meat or whatever and some veg, or some other kind of manfood and cooked it up and said that hed like to eat that once in a while.

But what he did was bring in some take away crap (I have since googled nachos - they look like they are crisps with cheese on), and then proceeded to throw a wobbly.

I don't even care what's going on with OP and her husband---- you didn't know what nachos are??? What a sad day! Where are you from and remind me to NEVER come visit!! (KIDDING, BUT SERIOUS---GO MAKE SOME NACHOS)

I'm English - but I am very rural. I have seen nachos - once I googled them, I knew what they were. They sit under heat lamps in the cinema looking greasy. Don't look like they have ever seen anything that grew other than the corn for the crisps-bit. Even a burger has some salad in it.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options

^^ im with her!
    @ SteveJWatson- I cant believe you didnt know what nachos are!! (>_<) A fat kids heaven, thats what!! You must try :)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    ^^ im with her!
    @ SteveJWatson- I cant believe you didnt know what nachos are!! (>_<) A fat kids heaven, thats what!! You must try :)

Actually - what they remind me most of is:

When I was a nipper, I used to sometimes have a bag of crisps and slice some cheddar off the block and eat the two together - works best with salt and vinegar 'crinkle cut' crisps. Possibly an apple, too.

Nice, but in no way what I would call 'real' food.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. So if your partner vents their frustration they will get their *kitten* kicked? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

jLG9IKr.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Mind . . . Blown. tortilla chips, meat, cheese, salsa, black olives, and just enough veggies to make you not feel quite as guilty . . . noms.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    lol... ya my ex would sprinkle shredded cheese over Doritos and microwave it! Nachos may not be "real food" or healthy by any means! But they are delish! I prefer Nachos with chili and cheese and jalapenos from a baseball park, orrrr loaded nachos from a mexican resturant! (with fajita meat, cheese, jalapenos, lettuce, tomatos, sour cream and guacamole)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I'm English - but I am very rural. I have seen nachos - once I googled them, I knew what they were. They sit under heat lamps in the cinema looking greasy. Don't look like they have ever seen anything that grew other than the corn for the crisps-bit. Even a burger has some salad in it.

They're not doing it right over there.

• 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    lol... ya my ex would sprinkle shredded cheese over Doritos and microwave it! Nachos may not be "real food" or healthy by any means! But they are delish! I prefer Nachos with chili and cheese and jalapenos from a baseball park, orrrr loaded nachos from a mexican resturant! (with fajita meat, cheese, jalapenos, lettuce, tomatos, sour cream and guacamole)

^^^^^Yes, this is nachos. Not that crap in the cinema. Do a google image search for nachos and you will see the real thing.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Those aren't nachos. Real nachos are a masterpiece of tortilla, good cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, chicken or beef, jalapeños, black beans and my mouth.

Yum at its finest.

Cinema nachos are scary.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Am I the only who thinks "throw a wobbly" is like, the best comment in this thread? :laugh:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Those aren't nachos. Real nachos are a masterpiece of tortilla, good cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, chicken or beef, jalapeños, black beans and my mouth.

Yum at its finest.

Cinema nachos are scary.

^^ This. Yes, real ones do have tomatoes and jalapenos so there are vegetables. And they're awesome.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I WANT NACHOS!!!!!!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Now I want some fajita steak nachos..... I grew up eating nachos and cheese fries no wonder I gained weight ;-)
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Am I the only who thinks "throw a wobbly" is like, the best comment in this thread? :laugh:

^^This^^
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    NACHOS-I mix sour cream, shredded cheese and salsa, throw it in the microwave and enjoy with tortilla chips!

Best. Bunny trail. Ever.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I came in here thinking, "god, this thread is still going?" only to end up craving nachos. Thanks guys. :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1474222_o_zps09f7b630.gif

Wonder if the OP is regretting this thread about now.
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dadgummit NOW I WANT NACHOS TOO!! OR I WILL THROW A WOBBLY!!