Easy Low-Cal Cake? OH YES! :)

Options
Melissakay1222
Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
Okay, people . . . I made a recipe tonight that I've seen circulating around MFP quite often. It was freaking AMAZING! It's the 3-ingredient coffee mug cake! I bought an angel food cake mix and decided to buy a plain white cake mix as my other mix. You can buy any flavor of cake mix you want but one of the two has to be an angel food cake. Mix the two boxes together in a 1-gallon zip lock bag and make sure they are mixed well. Measure out 3 tablespoons into a coffee mug along with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir really well and microwave for 1 minute. You will be amazed! The cutest and most perfectly shaped round little cake will fall out of your mug when you turn it upside down and you will think you just ate a piece of heaven! It is moist and sweet and only has around 50 calories!!! The best part is now you have a zip lock baggie full of goodness for anytime you are craving something sweet . . . and it will only take a minute to make another! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS . . . you will not be disappointed! :)

Replies

• Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    does this work? like legit... cause it is my birthday saturday..... :P
  • Melissakay1222
    Options
    It REALLY works . . . and is legit!!! Try it . . . you will not be disappointed! Happy Birthday! :)
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    for me that's dangerous, ha! I'm glad I don'tr have a microwave cause I'd have that with every cup of tea :drinker:
  • WhaddupItsLaura
    Options
    The taste of coffee is just really pleasant to me :) so if there's a way to make a cake that has the hinted taste of coffee, it's gotta be delicious! Thank you for sharing!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I think that would just make me crave a real cake even more.
  • Tamz2013
    Tamz2013 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this!
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump, gotta try it!
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    Options
    Def. gonna try this! Thanks for sharing!
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this!! My low cal muffins are a no go because if they are made I eat them!!!!! They call my name LOL. Mine is a box of devil food cake mix and a can of Libbys pure pumpkin. Pour into a cupcake tin and bake as directed. About 75 cal a piece but it makes a lot of them. Kids love them and so do I. So I will try your idea! THANKS!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options

For the love of god, Erika, don't have mug cake on your birthday. Splurge on your special day! :tongue:

Also, does anyone know how many tablespoons make up the two boxes of dry cake? For OCD calorie counting reasons, of course. :smile:
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    ::Sigh::

Wouldn't it be better than have one forkful of real cake vs 50 cals of some mug "cake"?
  • Melissakay1222
    Options
    The times I've seen this posted show the total calories at 50 calories. This seems to be pretty close to being accurate. :)
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Mine too! :D
  • Melissakay1222
    Options
    No because if I bought a WHOLE real cake, then I would have to resist everytime I walk by and see it sitting on the counter! This is the PERFECT portion! Don't be a hater of my fabulous tiny cake! :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options

For the love of god, Erika, don't have mug cake on your birthday. Splurge on your special day! :tongue:

Also, does anyone know how many tablespoons make up the two boxes of dry cake? For OCD calorie counting reasons, of course. :smile:
    okay..its called 321 cake..it is awesome!!! However its more like 120 cals...Its already in the MFP database...just type in 321 cake and it will show the different flavors.
  • loriconant
    loriconant Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump