i like fatty foods x but dont over do it
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love fat. Seriously
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Almost half of my caloric intake is fat.

I am pretty consistently at 66% of my calories being fat. And I lost 2.9% body fat in 25 days eating this way. I :heart: fat!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't mind eating fat as long as it is CLEAN eating. That means few ingredients.

41hHK0FVxpL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    `
  • ScottA1972
    Options
    I eat fats of all kinds. I try to eat less, but I don't deprive myself. I eat what I REALLY want, just less of it. Seems to be working, 19# lost in 40 days.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Fat - yum. I've been eating low carb, gluten free, for about 7 months or so. My macronutrients are roughly Fat=60%, Protein=30%, Carbs=10% on a daily basis. And my carbs all come from vegetables. I almost never eat rice or root vegetables, and absolutely never eat corn, wheat, barley, etc. Since eliminating grains and gluten from my diet, and dramatically increasing my fat intake, I have:

- lost 30 lbs
    - dropped my cholesterol by 60 points
    - doubled my HDL from 22 to 41
    - dropped my fasting morning blood glucose from 135 to 107
    - dropped my BP from 144/90 to 114/70
    - dropped my resting heart rate from 80'ish to 65
    - have gotten rid of my continuous problems with heartburn

And much more ....

Starting nearly 3 weeks ago, I added Bulletproof coffee to my diet .... 8 oz good coffee, 2 tbsp grassfed butter and 2 tbsp coconut oil (65% MCT) + I add 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa cause I like the health benefits of cocoa and the taste .... as someone else noted, that's a lot of "good fat" in a very concentrated form. From 6 AM to noon, my macronutrients are Fat = 97%, Protein = 2%, Carb = 1% :-D
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid and it's not all "good" fat either. I'd rather have a little bit of something "bad," satisfy my craving and move on. Much better than a binge later on.

BTW, the same thing applies for alcohol. I got that from my dad - you live once. Make wise choices, but enjoy your life!

Exactly!!! This is why I don't usually "eat back" my exercise calories during the week, I bank them so I can imbibe and not go over my weekly goals. It seems to be working as I'm steadily losing.

good info
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If it came from the earth or had a mother, I am not afraid of it.

If it came from a lab or has word Monsanto associated with it, I am scared to death of it.

wow, couldn't have said it better . . .

I embrace fat, sauteed my veggies in bacon drippings last night (only 1 T.), just had toast with mashed avocado and a "whole" egg for breakfast and steadily losing 1.5-2 lbs/week. All things in moderation (and I agree, fat IS flavor)!!!!

My boyfriend made bacon wrapped chicken two weeks ago. I wanted to boil carrots as a side, but he threw them in the pan with the chicken to "save dishes"... The drippings made there way over to the carrots and needless to say, I now want bacon roasted carrots every day for the rest of my life!!! P:
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't even trim it off my steak.

Wow, this just made me gag.

Generally, I try not to eat anything with trans fats, and I won't eat any big chunks of fatty meat (it's always grossed me out, even as a little kid I couldn't handle watching other people eating it). But I'm not afraid to eat nuts or olive oil or other such things that tend to be high in fat.
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of fat because I'm trying to keep my curves.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Having my coconut oil right now with my green tea! I never eat anything "skim". Whole fat cottage cheese, butter, beef, pork... etc. BRING IT!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this thread. I'm love me some fatty foods.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Bump!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get over my fear of fat.

I grew up when "health food = low fat", so it is kind of hard to get over that mindset. Plus, my cholesterol is a touch high right now, so I am avoiding hydrogenated products and trying to limit my red meat consumption to an extent. [Yes, I know, cholesterol from food doesn't contribute much to my cholesterol. But it isn't zero, so I do try and limit it.] But I'm supplementing with fish oil too, and trying to eat some healthy fats.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I wasn't losing weight until I switched to minimum 65% fat. Now 5lbs gone in 2 weeks. I'm sticking with it. I get carbs once a week - I can live with that.
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    fat scares me.... I wish it didnt but it completely wigs me out. I used to only get 2-7 grams. I'm working my way to 40. I don't want to go over it ever.
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just switched to whole milk, 2 eggs per day, creme cheese, and I am thinking to start using whole total fage greek yogurt instead of the 0%. I am much more satisfied since I eat this stuff and feel the need to binge way less! And everything fits in my calorie limit.

The idea of a fat free diet comes from telling ppl to avoid fast foods, where meals are full of bad type of fat. Unfortunately this has led to a misunderstanding I believe.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't mind eating fat as long as it is CLEAN eating. That means few ingredients.

41hHK0FVxpL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

If you want the BEST quality soap.. use SHEEP tallow.. OMG it make FANTASTIC soap.. Of course I have yet to try to make soap "fight club" style.. but until I start dumpster diving at the lipo clinic, SHEEP tallow is the most AMAZING base oil for soap making. PERIOD.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Fat is good for your hair, nerves and skin. I wont eat anything fat free and generally avoid low fat foods unless its a calorie issue (like greek yogurt).